Delta MIDI Computer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MannequinRaces

08 Jul 2019

Socram wrote:
08 Jul 2019
MannequinRaces wrote:
08 Jul 2019
Holy smokes I can’t wait to try this out! How long does the intro price last? Congrats on the release and thinking outside the box.
Thank you! The intro price lasts through the month, but don't sleep as this will be the cheapest price for quite some time.
Good to know. Thank you for the quick reply.

VariableX

08 Jul 2019

This is brilliant i really love it. Will Propellerhead bring there own version out? I don't care im sticking my money on this developer well deserved 👍🏼😀😀

mjxl

09 Jul 2019

Oh my, this thing looks epic !

botnotbot

09 Jul 2019

Congratulations on this first of a kind (AFAIK) patching interface in an RE! This plugin really opens up the realms of possibilities for a different way of approaching note processing/sequencing in Reason. Very cool work, looking forward to purchasing this soon.

buddard
RE Developer

09 Jul 2019

Wow, this thing looks absolutely crazy (in a good way!), kudos to the developer! :thumbs_up:

Vil
RE Developer

09 Jul 2019

Amazing!
Congratulation! :)
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

manisnotabird

09 Jul 2019

Suggestion: add a scale function to the “if” module. Goes to one output if the note is in the scale, the other if it’s not. (The use I’m thinking of would be with a scale with only 1 note [i.e. I want it do the same thing to any C note no matter the octave] but why not generalize it to any scale).

Socram
RE Developer

09 Jul 2019

manisnotabird wrote:
09 Jul 2019
Suggestion: add a scale function to the “if” module. Goes to one output if the note is in the scale, the other if it’s not. (The use I’m thinking of would be with a scale with only 1 note [i.e. I want it do the same thing to any C note no matter the octave] but why not generalize it to any scale).
I like this idea, in fact I almost built this into the Quantize Note node, which is probably where this will ultimately end up. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add it to the list!
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

seqoi

09 Jul 2019

Holy crap this...this is what Reason was and is.

Mind bending creativity field.

ltbrunt00

09 Jul 2019

Every now and then I see something so amazing that I feel like my mind is blown. I think this device blew my mind. I have watched the videos multiple times. I will definitely be buying this soon, soon being this week sometime.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

NekujaK

09 Jul 2019

Lots of fun playing around with this... and I'm barely scratching the surface.

It's devices like this that make me wish the rack was scalable or that RE's could break out into a window like VST's. The limitations imposed on device size make it cumbersome to work with large and complex designs. Not the developer's fault - I think they did an amazing job.

Sort of reminds me of when I used to play around with Buzz back in the day, before I got into Reason.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Jul 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
08 Jul 2019
diminished wrote:
08 Jul 2019

Or merge!
Done, and done. :)

CephaloPod

09 Jul 2019

I'm not much interested in RE's any more, but I might just have to pick this one up.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

Yonatan

09 Jul 2019

Really interesting device! Swiss army knife indeed.

Faastwalker

09 Jul 2019

This look excellent. Amazing to see what is possible with Player devices.

I'm interested in the possibility of a micro-tuning Player. Wondering if you could build something with this?

Socram
RE Developer

09 Jul 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
09 Jul 2019
This look excellent. Amazing to see what is possible with Player devices.

I'm interested in the possibility of a micro-tuning Player. Wondering if you could build something with this?
Unfortunately standard Player stack output is locked into the MIDI standard, which does not support microtonalities.

It could be achieved using CV Note out however, which the device does support. I will consider adding that functionality to that Node, could be interesting.
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

electrofux

10 Jul 2019

Man, i would love to see some cv inputs to be able to modulate some of the parameters from outside. It seems quite complicated though given the dynamic interface. Maybe with CV inputs in the Nodes, dunno?

Loque

10 Jul 2019

electrofux wrote:
10 Jul 2019
Man, i would love to see some cv inputs to be able to modulate some of the parameters from outside. It seems quite complicated though given the dynamic interface. Maybe with CV inputs in the Nodes, dunno?
What about a CV module in the GUI you can connect?
Reason12, Win10

Socram
RE Developer

10 Jul 2019

Loque wrote:
10 Jul 2019
electrofux wrote:
10 Jul 2019
Figuring out a way to introduce modulation and/or automation of Node parameters is a "stretch goal" of mine, but not sure how it will work out and there's no ETA. It is definitely pretty complicated for exactly the reasons you state, and would require some sort of "meta-Node" that attaches to Nodes, which on the surface sounds like a UI/UX nightmare. They would have to map generically to all the different parameters too, sorta like how VSTs parameters are modulated by CV.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

demt

10 Jul 2019

congratulations!!!!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

electrofux

10 Jul 2019

Socram wrote:
10 Jul 2019
Loque wrote:
10 Jul 2019

Figuring out a way to introduce modulation and/or automation of Node parameters is a "stretch goal" of mine, but not sure how it will work out and there's no ETA. It is definitely pretty complicated for exactly the reasons you state, and would require some sort of "meta-Node" that attaches to Nodes, which on the surface sounds like a UI/UX nightmare. They would have to map generically to all the different parameters too, sorta like how VSTs parameters are modulated by CV.
Just Brainstorming: It needs a couple of CV Inputs on the back and a cv node (just like the Midi Input Node) and the nodes in Midi Computer need a cv input socket. Then in every nodes parameter page there could be something like a dropdown which routes the cv in to a parameter of that node. That way there would only be one parameter assignable but in most cases this might be enough. And the clutter might be acceptable.

EdGrip

10 Jul 2019

Wow.

This is really excellent work. Well done! :D

Re8et
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2019

Competition pleaseeeeee!!!!
Be4 introcuctory price ends!!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Gardinski

10 Jul 2019

Wow! It really feels as if the 'Player' format has come of age in the past couple of months.

Most of Propellerhead's own devices felt far too 'toylike' to me, and not particularly musical in some cases. (Quad Note Generator, to my mind, seems completely unusable for serious composition.)

But the level of sophistication in some of the newest 'third party' devices is hugely impressive. First we had RB's magnificent 'Sequences', followed by superb chordal offerings from Enlightenspeed and TonicMint, all of which offer something of real value to songwriters.

This latest device from Static Cling really looks set to be a game changer. The genie is out of the bottle. Given the sheer range of possibilities it offers, this is going to be a tough act to follow!

Congrats to Socram/Marcos on a brilliantly thought-out device.

two shoes

10 Jul 2019

This is a cool concept but I’m struggling to understand why you developed it as a player rack extension. Most of the use cases I can think of for a device like this would require the ability to freely route midi between different devices, but neither REs or VSTs can do this in Reason so it seems like the vast majority of potential applications are impossible in the Reason rack.

Given that PH has shown zero interest in finishing Reason’s broken, partial support for the VST format, or even given us any indication that they understand the importance of doing so, I’m scratching my head a bit trying to understand why you would begin this project as a player device instead of a vst, let alone spend a year on it :shock: Isn’t it crippled until/unless they finish implementing VST support which, again, I’m not holding my breath for, or what am I missing here?

• Information