giving up alcohol

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
mmm

11 Jun 2019

Thanx man. I´d just like to point out that it is never too late even for a guy who was selling the Big Issue, was diagnosed with Hep C and and was well below 7st. A bit of love, fresh air and a bit of reason can go a very long way. After a lenghty interferon therapy, rehab, reconnecting with my family and learning to believe in something again (that´s the part where NA helped a lot), i can now say that i love my life. Since then i´ve bought my own flat and hold a very good postion in the IT department of a global company. Nonetheless, humility still plays a huge part in my life and i am trying to help where i can, only that way i manage to live with my ghost from christmas past. So, if anyone needs any advice or just needs a person to talk, feel free to reach out to me. 1luv

sleep1979

11 Jun 2019

Zac wrote:
07 Jun 2019
diminished wrote:
07 Jun 2019
Zac that's tough man. Woah. But it's your chance. Best of luck!!!
Thanks.
yeah that's tough man well done

sleep1979

11 Jun 2019

mmm wrote:
11 Jun 2019
Thanx man. I´d just like to point out that it is never too late even for a guy who was selling the Big Issue, was diagnosed with Hep C and and was well below 7st. A bit of love, fresh air and a bit of reason can go a very long way. After a lenghty interferon therapy, rehab, reconnecting with my family and learning to believe in something again (that´s the part where NA helped a lot), i can now say that i love my life. Since then i´ve bought my own flat and hold a very good postion in the IT department of a global company. Nonetheless, humility still plays a huge part in my life and i am trying to help where i can, only that way i manage to live with my ghost from christmas past. So, if anyone needs any advice or just needs a person to talk, feel free to reach out to me. 1luv
hats off bro

reggie1979

17 Jun 2019

Went 4 day w/o, jumped back off the wagon which is temporary. Just too much stress with the heat/living condition/pain but if I can go 4 days, I can go 6 the next.

Biggest problem: I don't feel any better w/o it.

reggie1979

29 Jun 2019

Well it's over now. I simply do not have the wallet equity to afford it anymore. I guess that's one way to quit!

reasonsuser88

29 Jun 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
29 Jun 2019
Well it's over now. I simply do not have the wallet equity to afford it anymore. I guess that's one way to quit!
I am very familiar with hard times but this method wasn't fully effective for me. I once lived with a guy who made something similar to pruno although we fortunately had access to the real core ingredients like yeast and sugar. I think one time it wasn't done properly and I vomitted up a little blood. I just remember reading that we're supposed to pour off the top of the batch where toxins accumulate. That experience did it for me but then my local store released promotional $0.99 tall cans of high alcohol content spicy mango Joose which was another disgusting period for me.

Not trying to give you ideas but my will to quit regardless of status was powerful. I loved my fancy craft beers.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

reggie1979

29 Jun 2019

I'll be fine. The wallet dictates.

Since I bought this car, I've been doing well but this month I had a shocking visa bill. Half of it was liquor! Nope, it's over.

reasonsuser88

29 Jun 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
29 Jun 2019
I'll be fine. The wallet dictates.

Since I bought this car, I've been doing well but this month I had a shocking visa bill. Half of it was liquor! Nope, it's over.
I hope it works out for you. I have a figure for my tobacco habit which is next to go so that is where my wallet will dictate.

reggie1979

01 Jul 2019

Captains log, stardate 3 nights and counting. The battle goes well and other than my body not liking it mentally I'm tough as nails. Wallet says no and no means no!

No really, this is going to work for so many reasons.

reggie1979

04 Jul 2019

Captains log, stardate nearly 6 days. The shakes are nearly over and I actually feel pretty good.Tonight is a little rough because it's the 4th and I stress over all the neighbors and fireworks and all. Need to keep the windows shut and cocoon up. But I'll be ok, I've saved nearly 40 bucks in liquor costs after tonight and I'm stoked.

motuscott

04 Jul 2019

One step at a time, Captain log.
The shakes, the nightsweats will end, and then you face yourself.
But don't count solely on economics, there are plenty of destitute alcoholics.
Sincerely good luck, it's a long and winding road
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

reggie1979

04 Jul 2019

Thanks. I've been wanting to quit for a LONG time. I always found excuse after excuse (as is well documented here)

But this did something to my visually, REALLY wrung a bell. Hard to explain. But by the time I could get myself back on track financially, I'll be over most of the physical.

My life is going to suck with or w/o booze. I choose w/o.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
04 Jul 2019
Thanks. I've been wanting to quit for a LONG time. I always found excuse after excuse (as is well documented here)

But this did something to my visually, REALLY wrung a bell. Hard to explain. But by the time I could get myself back on track financially, I'll be over most of the physical.

My life is going to suck with or w/o booze. I choose w/o.
👍
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reggie1979

05 Jul 2019

Jebus, I've gained a LOT of weight :(

reasonsuser88

05 Jul 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
05 Jul 2019
It happens to some people especially depending on appetite. I didn't start losing weight until I got my appetite under control at around week four. I just realized I passed the 100 day mark this week. I've been obsessing over new music stuff lately.

boingy

05 Jul 2019

I've been off the booze for a week so far because I am on medication. My weight is falling away, although I am still a fat git. The medication is at least for 3 months so I might come back to this thread to whinge now and then....

reggie1979

05 Jul 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
05 Jul 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
05 Jul 2019
It happens to some people especially depending on appetite. I didn't start losing weight until I got my appetite under control at around week four. I just realized I passed the 100 day mark this week. I've been obsessing over new music stuff lately.
I've heard it both way, like Boingy. I'm not substituting food or sugared drinks for booze, but who know, a little constipation, maybe liquids going where they should, etc.

reggie1979

06 Jul 2019

Captains log, 9 days!!!!!!!!! i can't believe it. I had pizza tonight, with no beer? Crazy.

Think about it every once in a while though. Kinda like a passing thought but over all I've started working out again, I've actually played guitar for two days (have to be very careful with the CTS) and have switched over to coffee being the drink of choice (ffs, I have to have something!)

Actually, too much energy. I almost bouncing off the walls.

reasonsuser88

06 Jul 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
06 Jul 2019
Actually, too much energy. I almost bouncing off the walls.
Bouncing off the walls can be fun if managed properly. Funny enough I started my current RT profile as I was bouncing off the walls.

Also, carbonated mineral water is nice. Doesn't have to be coffee all the time. Kombucha is a current favorite but even non-alcoholic fermented beverages have a tiny amount of alcohol that some people might not be too keen on.

Lokey

15 Jul 2019

So i use the app myfitnesspal to count any calories (and macros intake) i eat each day for a Month and count my alcool intake in calories
Alcool IS empty carbs/sugar
For 5 weeks now
Following a 1.5 kcal a day goal ,
5 weeks IS enough to change habits
Like to go on Savage diets\fasting sometimes , allow some excess sometimes
Intuitive/hollistic diet , counting alcool intake inside
Boom
fl mobile

Lokey

15 Jul 2019

Lokey wrote:
15 Jul 2019
So i use the app myfitnesspal to count any calories (and macros intake) i eat each day for a Month and count my alcool intake in calories
Alcool IS empty carbs/sugar
For 5 weeks now
Following a 1.5 kcal a day goal ,
5 weeks IS enough to change habits
Like to go on Savage diets\fasting sometimes , allow some excess sometimes
Intuitive/hollistic diet , counting alcool intake inside
Boom
But you have to know the basics of nutrition , it s fascinating
M'y Guess IS that alcool ppl fall for sugar addiction ,
Keto diet implies eating tons of végétables even if your allowed unlimited méat
Normal calory deficiency diet IS the normal way
10 out or 10 you cant drink above fédéral advice limits without being way above 2.5kcal
fl mobile

reggie1979

15 Jul 2019

I've cheated a couple of times, I know, I know, terrible me. I said my wallet can't handle it but I've spent 23 bucks in the time that would normally take about 120. So it's still a good thing. It's nice not drinking every day, I feel better, I sleep better and can wake up earlier w/o felling bent. I guess I can't stay completely sober but it's light-years from what it was.

Lokey

15 Jul 2019

I didnt drinked for 24 days on a row for diet purpose, stayed on low sugar btw
But i tell you the beer i drinked After that was better than it ever tasted,
Now staying in the limits , i never excesseed one and a half pint of beer per day,
Like bodybuilding youtube channels they advise one cheating day per week
But the taste is not that.good if today i eat sugar
Expérience brain producing as much/even more pleasure by de privation
Bypassing thé sugar /nutritive bombs that producer insuline peaks and such hypoglycemia
fl mobile

Lokey

22 Jul 2019

The Key IS you have to collect and integrate all galactican dnas,
Reptilian, insectilian, dolphinoid, and so on ,
Cant tell more about levels, percents, and way to do so or this topic will be blocked
fl mobile

Lokey

23 Jul 2019

A lot of ppl asked me through m'y personnal email bout dolphinoids, look, i have no Time to éducate yourself just do your own research pls,
Just today i ordered 200g of mackerel , Guess What , i got served 200g of mackerel by the waitress, IS she supposed to know the right weight of each individual fish?
That , IS an exemple of dolphinoids dna
fl mobile

• Information