Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2019

It is coming...tomorrow... June 27th :shock:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Loque

26 Jun 2019

Yea, they said in June. Not many days left...
Reason12, Win10

boingy

26 Jun 2019

It's not even released and yet it already has a reputation to live up to!

Breach The Sky

26 Jun 2019

There's a lot off strong players on the market today, and the competition is... massive. :roll:

"The synth of the next decade" sure is a bold statement to live up to. I'm going to observe.

CephaloPod

27 Jun 2019

I'm having a real hard time coming up with new features that I really need in a synth. I ask myself: "What would a developer need to come up with in order to get you exited for a new synth?" And my answer is: "Hell, I dunno."

It would have to be something I've never thought of before, something I didn't even know I needed until the moment I saw it. Not sure Massive X is going to do that.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

sleep1979

27 Jun 2019

CephaloPod wrote:
27 Jun 2019
I'm having a real hard time coming up with new features that I really need in a synth. I ask myself: "What would a developer need to come up with in order to get you exited for a new synth?" And my answer is: "Hell, I dunno."

It would have to be something I've never thought of before, something I didn't even know I needed until the moment I saw it. Not sure Massive X is going to do that.
I think people that mostly get things done choose one synth they like and learn it inside out . Theres no new saviour synth just the options and the sounds you want.

NekujaK

27 Jun 2019

Yeah, Omnisphere did it for me. Now, whenever I check out a new synth or sound library, I ask myself, "Can I do this in Omnisphere?", and the answer is usually "yes". Next. But still, occasionally it's just fun to get a new toy anyway.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

reddust

27 Jun 2019

should officially come out today, I'm wondering how much will it cost...

dusan.cani

27 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
27 Jun 2019
should officially come out today, I'm wondering how much will it cost...
I guess 169 Eur

selig
RE Developer

27 Jun 2019

It just appeared in Native Access!!!

It's. Beautiful.

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

esselfortium

27 Jun 2019

selig wrote:
27 Jun 2019
Hmmmm. It's telling me "Downloading Massive X failed: resource was not found". Might have appeared prematurely, assuming this isn't just a glitch on my end.

edit: Oh, now it works :puf_smile:
Last edited by esselfortium on 27 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

selig
RE Developer

27 Jun 2019

esselfortium wrote:
27 Jun 2019
selig wrote:
27 Jun 2019
Hmmmm. It's telling me "Downloading Massive X failed: resource was not found". Might have appeared prematurely, assuming this isn't just a glitch on my end.
Worked ok here - maybe servers getting hammered? I saw this post and checked every 5 min or so and must have DL'd before the big rush?

One weird thing - was going to run standalone to update the database, but there's only "Documentation" in the new folder generated by the DL. But it opened fine in Reason - already have my first tune started with the first random patch I pulled up! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Crumbfort

27 Jun 2019

I own it (Komplete 12) but can't use it (mid 2012 Mac Pro with no AVX). Could always use it on a slave PC via VE Pro, but that's pretty unwieldy. Ah well, maybe in a few years...
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

reddust

27 Jun 2019

So, now it's officially released, 199 Euros at full price and 149 Euros as a crossgrade for massive owners, pretty expensive I think, even when I'd use my last 25 Euros voucher it would still be 124 Euros.

I could upgrade my Komplete 12 Select for 199 Euros as well but I don't want to spend that much money now either way, so I'll pass for the moment and see what reviews say about Massive X in the next months.

WongoTheSane

27 Jun 2019

It's a monster, but the default library is really geared towards future/trap/hop/whatever. I mean, if you like growl basses, growl strings, growl pads and growl xylophones, you'll love it.

reddust

27 Jun 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
27 Jun 2019
It's a monster, but the default library is really geared towards future/trap/hop/whatever. I mean, if you like growl basses, growl strings, growl pads and growl xylophones, you'll love it.
That description sounds interesting to me, but I wonder if it can do anything I can't already achieve with Serum in that range of sounds :think:

dusan.cani

27 Jun 2019

199 Euros - Hmmm this is expensive as hell...

For this price it should deliver some highly exceptional sound and user experience...

dusan.cani

27 Jun 2019

On the other hand, for that price you will get also:

"MASSIVE X will grow, adapt, and evolve with regular free updates"

sleep1979

27 Jun 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
27 Jun 2019
yeah "growls" aint for me ill lifetime pass please.

miscend

27 Jun 2019

Downloaded it earlier on Native Access. Not tried it yet though. MX could be the biggest synth release of the year. If you do a Google trends search the original Massive is still more popular than more modern heavy hitters like Serum. Massive was instrumental in the development of early dubstep via acts like Benga and Skream. NI have much to live up to.

boingy

27 Jun 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
27 Jun 2019
Maybe they should nickname it "Growler"

miscend

27 Jun 2019

boingy wrote:
27 Jun 2019
WongoTheSane wrote:
27 Jun 2019
Maybe they should nickname it "Growler"
I’d say there’s loads of cinematic and soundscape patches. If you make dramas for the BBC or ITV you’d be right at home.

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2019

I have had limited time to test it much but early impressions are good. Struggling a bit to understand lfo sync and cant seem to see a manual to read. Massive (pardon the pun) potential in this i feel. Would be nice to see envelope shape visually when dialling in plucks or pads but hopefully this feature will be added in future updates.

Understand lfo now, i was being an idiot as you can click on sync rates and change them... Doh
Last edited by Popey on 27 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

hurricane
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2019

Waiting for someone to say Massive-X isn't worth installing NI's Service Center because you can do all this with Europa. :roll:

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2019

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

• Information