Purchasing Advice Needed

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
TheGodOfRainbows

25 Mar 2019

The Legend is the safe and very easy choice. And even though I've got the Legend, I would still be interested in the future just for the presets, if they're really good, but also of course for more detailed control and modulation. I'd say you cannot go wrong with either of them.

PX7 I think is another awesome choice, but as others have said, there is a very nice free one out there. Still, I'd rather have Propellerheads version cuz I like tight Reason integration. I love the Rhodes and keyboard patches. And speaking of keys, I love Radical Keys too.

I'm not a huge fan of Rob Papen's stuff just because I think the UIs are usually too small and fiddly, and just plain ugly. Having tons of useful presets in Predator is a plus though.

Reason Bass (the Refill and Re) is ok, but what bugs me about it is that there are no round robins. So if you are "chopping wood" and want to have straight 16th notes on one note, it has the machine gun effect. Not as noticable on bass as it would be on guitar, but still there.

Personally, I think owning the The Legend is mandatory, whether you get it via reward points or in the Synapse bundle.

CloudsOfSound

25 Mar 2019

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
25 Mar 2019
The Legend is the safe and very easy choice. And even though I've got the Legend, I would still be interested in the future just for the presets, if they're really good, but also of course for more detailed control and modulation. I'd say you cannot go wrong with either of them.
Hmm... Decisions, decisions...
I'm not a huge fan of Rob Papen's stuff just because I think the UIs are usually too small and fiddly, and just plain ugly.
Couldn't agree more, but I think PredatorRE isn't that bad. RP's Quad is a disaster though...
Reason Bass (the Refill and Re) is ok, but what bugs me about it is that there are no round robins. So if you are "chopping wood" and want to have straight 16th notes on one note, it has the machine gun effect [..]
Yeah, I downloaded Reason Bass as a trial, and I just can't justify paying that much for this RE when I already own the good old ReFill version of the same sounds...
Personally, I think owning the The Legend is mandatory, whether you get it via reward points or in the Synapse bundle.
Agree. That's why I have it in my PH subscription, but, would be nice to have as a regular RE without having to log in to use it.
:reason: Reason 10 running on  MacBook Pro 16" 2019
(6-Core Intel Core i7 / AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4GB / 16GB RAM)
macOS Catalina v.10.15.2
Software Developer and Wannabe Musician

Loque

25 Mar 2019

CloudsOfSound wrote:
25 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
20 Mar 2019
Take Predator, because it can help to get the Explorer VST bundle for a good price.
Been watching some of RP's tutorials on PredatorRE, and it looks like a really cool instrument to play around with.

How would this help me get the Explorer VST bundle for a nice price?
I'm not foreign to purchasing VSTs as I.. ahem.. do use other DAWs now and then.
At least until I can do proper loop recording (like with audio) using midi instruments in Reason without needing black magic and witchcraft...

The majority of users recommend The Legend, and I do agree that it is an amazing sounding synth that uses minimum resources compared to VK2 and many others. But as I said, I already have The Legend in my PH subscription, so while I was thinking I might purchase it for €50 and fill this €99 space with something else, if I can get a good deal on both PredatorRE and the mentioned Explorer VST bundle it might be a better deal all in all...
If you have a few Rob Papen devices you get the Explorer Bundle for a nice price.
https://www.robpapen.com/eXplorer-5.html
Reason12, Win10

sleep1979

13 Jun 2019

CloudsOfSound wrote:
25 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
20 Mar 2019
Take Predator, because it can help to get the Explorer VST bundle for a good price.
Been watching some of RP's tutorials on PredatorRE, and it looks like a really cool instrument to play around with.

How would this help me get the Explorer VST bundle for a nice price?
I'm not foreign to purchasing VSTs as I.. ahem.. do use other DAWs now and then.
At least until I can do proper loop recording (like with audio) using midi instruments in Reason without needing black magic and witchcraft...

The majority of users recommend The Legend, and I do agree that it is an amazing sounding synth that uses minimum resources compared to VK2 and many others. But as I said, I already have The Legend in my PH subscription, so while I was thinking I might purchase it for €50 and fill this €99 space with something else, if I can get a good deal on both PredatorRE and the mentioned Explorer VST bundle it might be a better deal all in all...
What did u get ?

CloudsOfSound

14 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
13 Jun 2019

What did u get ?
I just went with The Legend.
Another synth to add to the growing arsenal...

A nice one though. 🤘
macOS Catalina v.10.15.2

mon

15 Jun 2019

CloudsOfSound wrote:
14 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
13 Jun 2019

What did u get ?

A nice one though. 🤘

Great decision :)
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

sleep1979

15 Jun 2019

CloudsOfSound wrote:
14 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
13 Jun 2019

What did u get ?

A nice one though. 🤘
Sounds nice

diminished
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2019

Quick question, can you apply multiple vouchers during checkout? Like a 50 and a 25 for example if you have 75+ points?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
15 Jun 2019
Quick question, can you apply multiple vouchers during checkout? Like a 50 and a 25 for example if you have 75+ points?
No. Sadly.
And I've had that confirmed by Customer Support.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
15 Jun 2019
diminished wrote:
15 Jun 2019
No. Sadly.
Thanks man.
Fuck. That. Shit.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
15 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
15 Jun 2019

No. Sadly.
Thanks man.
Fuck. That. Shit.
I know. What's the point?
Actually...don't answer that.
No point in opening up the whole "Rewards" (note inverted commas) debate again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Heigen5

15 Jun 2019

Predator! It's the best synth for all kinds of uplifting and interesting sound in the RE market. At least all the clusters, stabs and pads and fx + the massive soundbank from the beginning makes it a winner imo.

CloudsOfSound

28 Jun 2019

Heigen5 wrote:
15 Jun 2019
Predator! It's the best synth for all kinds of uplifting and interesting sound in the RE market. At least all the clusters, stabs and pads and fx + the massive soundbank from the beginning makes it a winner imo.
Yeah, and it looks like crap as well!
😀
macOS Catalina v.10.15.2

• Information