Yet Another Free Logic Update

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
hurricane
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2019

The best DAW in the industry gets even better:

Logic Pro X 10.4.5

New Features/Enhancements

[*] Optimizes performance for Mac Pro including support for up to 56 cores
[*] New project setting “Only load plug-ins needed for project playback” reduces load times for large templates.
[*] Increased Number of Tracks and Channels, up to:
1000 stereo audio channel strips
1000 software instrument channel strips
1000 auxiliary channel strips
1000 external MIDI tracks
12 sends per channel strip
[*] All-new DeEsser 2 plug-in provides more options to reduce sibilance on audio tracks.
[*] The Expander plug-in now offers a redesigned retina interface.
[*] Send MIDI clock, MTC, and MMC from Logic to up to 16 ports, each with unique settings like timing offset and plug-in delay compensation.
[*] User defaults can now be set up for the Mixer configuration.
[*] The Loop Browser can filter by loop type and allows drag-and-drop of multiple loops into your project simultaneously.
[*] The Recording section of Project Settings offers a new option “Auto-erase Duplicates”, which removes duplicate MIDI notes at same playback position when merge recording MIDI in cycle mode.
[*]. Pressing Option + Shift while rubber-band selecting in the Piano Roll now creates a new time Handles selection.
[*] Option-clicking the On/Off button for a track now loads/unloads the plug-ins on the channel strip.
[*] Freezing a track now unloads its plug-ins to free up resources.
[*] The stand-alone System Performance window is now resizable.
[*] There is now a preference to display an overlay showing position when scrolling horizontally along the timeline and track number when scrolling vertically in the track list.
[*] Shift-double-clicking the background of the Tracks area now starts playback from the clicked position.
[*] Use the new Pressed filter button in the Key Commands window to see if a key combination already has a command assigned to it.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Crumbfort

13 Jun 2019

The "best DAW in the industry" ?

That's just like... your opinion, man.png
That's just like... your opinion, man.png (634 KiB) Viewed 786 times
(Couldn't resist! :puf_bigsmile: ) I do own Logic and did use it for many years. It's great at quite a lot of things, but I find it extremely limiting at a lot of others and it rarely gets used anymore. Different strokes!
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

sleep1979

13 Jun 2019

They can afford to do that with all the other overpriced bullshit they sell , maybe props can start selling phones where u cant change the battery lol

stratatonic

13 Jun 2019

There's more workflow enhancements in a 10.x.x update than a full point upgrade in Reason. :(

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2019

Those are some significant core improvements that I find useful. Pleased with the increased send effects count and user-definable default mixer settings. The unloading of unused plugins will really ease the CPU too. CPU usage was already efficient before this update. And free? Respect to Apple.

sleep1979

13 Jun 2019

It does seem a bit weird to be calling logic the best daw in a reason lovers forum lol

zoidkirb

13 Jun 2019

Apple could afford to make Logic entirely free if they wanted. They're in the unique position of being able to subsidize software with hardware sales. Logic does look nice, and I'd definitely use it if I owned a Mac but the inane prices will anyways keep me away.

hurricane
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
13 Jun 2019
It does seem a bit weird to be calling logic the best daw in a reason lovers forum lol
I thought this was a Reason users forum?
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Steedus
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2019

While as a Logic user myself (along with Reason) I appreciate any updates we get, the cynic in me says this update is more a way to help justify their upcoming 56 thread Mac Pro than anything else.

hurricane
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2019

Wow, they even hi-res'd Sculpture:

sculpture-HD.jpg
sculpture-HD.jpg (222.3 KiB) Viewed 631 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Marco Raaphorst

14 Jun 2019

looks like a great total package. probably my first choice when I would start all over again. but for me for many years Reason and Ableton Live are the things I keep using. I have bought so many software DAWs and lost way too much money with it. it is silly :D

• Information