Propellerheads PolyStep Sequencer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
diminished
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2019

F8 is divine but living in the usability hell.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

guitfnky

08 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
08 Jun 2019
guitfnky wrote:
07 Jun 2019
like which options? I haven’t been able to boot up Reason for a couple of weeks due to a move, so I can’t check myself, but aren’t most of those options fairly common, but difficult or impossible to accomplish without using F8? like abutting all of your MIDI notes, randomizing timing, or scaling velocities? those don’t strike me as bloat because they’re common enough, and because there’s no other way to easily accomplish them.
They might be common for you. In 1.5 years time I use Reason, I perhaps hit F8 two or three times. I don't need it.
again, we’re talking about commonly-used features across the entire user base, not features everyone uses.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

guitfnky

08 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
08 Jun 2019
YES. needs a UI update, for sure. preferably some way to use it without the floating panel.

mjxl

08 Jun 2019

guitfnky wrote:
08 Jun 2019
diminished wrote:
08 Jun 2019
YES. needs a UI update, for sure. preferably some way to use it without the floating panel.
Put it where the tutorial window is, and make the tutorial window floating. \o /

challism

08 Jun 2019

BRIGGS wrote:
05 Jun 2019
8 clicks to draw 4 notes = matrix is still the king
Correction, BITCOIN is king! ;)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

BRIGGS

08 Jun 2019

challism wrote:
08 Jun 2019
BRIGGS wrote:
05 Jun 2019
8 clicks to draw 4 notes = matrix is still the king
Correction, BITCOIN is king! ;)
Congratulations, you win the millennium falcon!!! :puf_smile:

r11s

lowtom

11 Jun 2019

Trailing this one and it's quite neatly designed. Big love for the Variation feature because of 64 step sequences possibility. It is a Matrix on steroids thanks to additional CV tracks.
Now I will patiently wait for price drop :D

BTW I also own Sequences by Robotic Bean and I'm looking forward how it will develop.
:reason: :refill: :re:

reddust

11 Jun 2019

mjxl wrote:
08 Jun 2019
guitfnky wrote:
08 Jun 2019

Put it where the tutorial window is, and make the tutorial window floating. \o /
that would make much more sense in my opinion too

djadalaide

11 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
11 Jun 2019
mjxl wrote:
08 Jun 2019

that would make much more sense in my opinion too
Hah yes, that tutorial window is useless for most of us :puf_bigsmile:

guitfnky

11 Jun 2019

you can disable the tutorial pane. I’d forgotten it was even a thing until all of you just reminded me. 😆

artotaku

12 Jun 2019

Whoever made the "Big Stabs" patch at Propellerhead in PolyStep Sequencer - it accidently happened that I built a song around it (and completely failed to obfuscate it by transposing it two halftones higher ;-))

diminished
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2019

artotaku wrote:
12 Jun 2019
Whoever made the "Big Stabs" patch at Propellerhead in PolyStep Sequencer - it accidently happened that I built a song around it (and completely failed to obfuscate it by transposing it two halftones higher ;-))

Nice.
Be careful with posting stuff like that, you'll be no longer considered a real musician by some around here ;)
"A KID COULD DO THAT!"
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

artotaku

12 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
12 Jun 2019
artotaku wrote:
12 Jun 2019

Nice.
Be careful with posting stuff like that, you'll be no longer considered a real musician by some around here ;)
"A KID COULD DO THAT!"
Thanks. Maybe we should introduce a tag "with kind help of players and no real musicians where harmed" when uploading it to soundcloud :puf_bigsmile:
Last edited by artotaku on 12 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

diminished
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2019

artotaku wrote:
12 Jun 2019
diminished wrote:
12 Jun 2019

Nice.
"A KID COULD DO THAT!"
Thanks. Maybe we should introduce a tag "with kind help of players and no real musicians where harmed" when uploading it to soundcloud :puf_bigsmile:
Excellent idea! Maybe even prevent such kids from uploading their music in general, to avoid accidentially getting fame from sheeple who don't know what real music is..

<3

ksniod

12 Jun 2019

artotaku wrote:
12 Jun 2019
no real musicians where harmed"
:mrgreen:

Ostermilk

12 Jun 2019

artotaku wrote:
12 Jun 2019
diminished wrote:
12 Jun 2019

Nice.
"A KID COULD DO THAT!"
Everyone knows that the only REAL music is hewn by bare knuckles out of stiff clay, perhaps softened with the blood and sweat (of the artist), caused by the arduous quest to best represent the artist's singular true vision. The one exception to this axiom is that music produced by mid 20th century vintage primates equipped with a guitar, of course this also qualifies as REAL.

In the end only this true music will be recognized. It doesn't matter what the means toward the end were.

:puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:
Last edited by Ostermilk on 12 Jun 2019, edited 4 times in total.

lowtom

12 Jun 2019

I believe that to be able to create "real" music you need two rocks, maybe one rock and a stick, and bang them together in some rhythmic way. Then just hum a melody to that rhythm. Bam, you got a song!
No need for those nasty computerz with Reazon and those devil Playerz! :mrgreen:
:reason: :refill: :re:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2019

Real music is the sound of rain on a lake, the sound of the wind in the trees, the sound of a beating heart.

Never trust a hippy.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mjxl

12 Jun 2019

artotaku wrote:
12 Jun 2019
diminished wrote:
12 Jun 2019

Nice.
"A KID COULD DO THAT!"
Also maybe a collab album that's titled "No Human Input" or some variation on that :puf_bigsmile: :lol:

Ostermilk

12 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
12 Jun 2019
Real music is the sound of rain on a lake, the sound of the wind in the trees, the sound of a beating heart.

Never trust a hippy.
Speaking of natural sounds I say bring on the fart gags!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2019

Ostermilk wrote:
12 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
12 Jun 2019

Never trust a hippy.
Speaking of natural sounds I say bring on the fart gags!
That’d be the sound of the wind in your underpants.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

scratchnsnifff

13 Jun 2019

I must say, this player is damn powerful. I find that it could almost use some crossfading when playing back the variations. It almost sounds choppy. But i just realized that there is finally a device (that I own) that has step record! I love step input on my hardware synths. Patterns can come out differently and that’s just fun.

That’s all :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Spryx

18 Jun 2019

I like this player, but it seems to be rather buggy when copying & pasting patterns (Sometimes doesn't work, even though scale changes).
Note lengths are also cut off in some situations.... Unless this is intended behavior, as it seems to be where the note handles are.

Propellerheads 'Support' button is useless and just takes me to 9 FAQs. I'm hoping the developer frequents here so I can report these bugs.

(After Send to Track)
bug 1.PNG
bug 1.PNG (188.3 KiB) Viewed 3219 times

(After Copy / Paste)
bug 2.png
bug 2.png (220.49 KiB) Viewed 3219 times
rcbuse wrote:
Sorry for the quote. I'm just using as a way to alert you to this.
latest:

Loque

18 Jun 2019

Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2019

Spryx wrote:
18 Jun 2019

I'm hoping the developer frequents here so I can report these bugs.
Nope, no such thing. Send it in and it will be properly looked at:
support@propellerheads.com
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information