Is Reason 11 the most anticipated Reason release ever?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kitekrazy

11 May 2019

Oquasec wrote:
03 May 2019
Reason 11 will be good
It would be nice if they could make it to where I can off load those RE samples out of the My Music folder to a separate drive like other DAWs do with their content. I don't want to hear about that make link crap.

mjxl

11 May 2019

kitekrazy wrote:
11 May 2019
Oquasec wrote:
03 May 2019
Reason 11 will be good
It would be nice if they could make it to where I can off load those RE samples out of the My Music folder to a separate drive like other DAWs do with their content. I don't want to hear about that make link crap.
You can actually move the Music folder via Windows' own built-in way.
Right click Music folder, go to Location (3rd tab on screenshot) and enter your location, then Windows will ask you "Shall we move everything??" and you're done.
Music Folder.png
Music Folder.png (10.55 KiB) Viewed 3341 times

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 May 2019

For me it's probably the least anticipated release. To be honest I'm pretty content with Reason right now, especially after the latest performance update which was great.

I mean my wishlist is pretty short: Curved automation.
That's about it. :lol: And even though that would be nice to have, I get by pretty well without it.

But if there's something included in Reason 11 that excites me that I haven't thought about then I'll probably upgrade.

sdst
Competition Winner

12 May 2019

actually Reason10 is very good, I can wait two more years for Reason 11

fieldframe
RE Developer

12 May 2019

According to my data, we passed the average (going back to 2011) time between major Reason versions back on April 1st.

Assuming 30 days between announcement / beta and release, next month on June 17, it will be the longest time between Reason versions since the Record era!

If we get closer to that date, or even go past it, this is going to become one of the most anticipated releases in recent memory simply because it's been a longer time coming.

stp2015

13 May 2019

I hope reason 11 will be called "Reason HD" or "Reason 4k" or "Reason VR". :puf_smile:

boingy

14 May 2019

stp2015 wrote:
13 May 2019
I hope reason 11 will be called "Reason HD" or "Reason 4k" or "Reason VR". :puf_smile:
How about Reason VGA? 640 pixels, 8 bit samples, runs entirely off a floppy disk.

reggie1979

14 May 2019

:lol:

nooomy

15 May 2019

A Live mod would be cool similar to the one that Ableton Live has! Imagine preforming live with reason like ableton! Awsome!

zoidkirb

15 May 2019

The people that always want reason to adopt ableton live's session view might want to look into finding a cheap copy of live lite and doing the rewire thing. Launching and editing clips to drive midi and automations to combinators I found to be surprisingly easy to setup and solid.

reggie1979

15 May 2019

But what I hate about Live is that you get one vst path. I had to say it.

zoidkirb

15 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
15 May 2019
I'm not sure exactly what you mean and it's been a little while since I've used Live in depth but: you can stick vst's directly on each instrument track, and each track has two additional (group) fx bus sends . More than enough options I think for a live performance scenario.

reggie1979

15 May 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
15 May 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
15 May 2019
I'm not sure exactly what you mean and it's been a little while since I've used Live in depth but: you can stick vst's directly on each instrument track, and each track has two additional (group) fx bus sends . More than enough options I think for a live performance scenario.
What I mean, (and it's not really super important to most) is that Live only has ONE vst path for recognition. Yeah, you can move everything to one folder (vsts, steinberg, etc) but live doesn't allow more than one path. Or at least it didn't last time I tried it (which was live lite 10 or similar)

zoidkirb

15 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
15 May 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
15 May 2019

What I mean, (and it's not really super important to most) is that Live only has ONE vst path for recognition. Yeah, you can move everything to one folder (vsts, steinberg, etc) but live doesn't allow more than one path. Or at least it didn't last time I tried it (which was live lite 10 or similar)
Ah yes i just looked, and that's lame! There is a workaround that involves placing shortcuts in the custom vst folder. Feels kinda hacky tbh.

Rackstackmusic

08 Jun 2019

I honestly think what would make it way better device wise is if they took all the old synths that are on same page n combine them into one massive synth like subtractor n Thor and maelstrom could be made one and there is def no reason for the 2 nnxt’s they be mixed into one new unit and then make room for new stuff that’s more current or set up deal with great 3rd party company like synapse and include legend or antitode and they would be more on par with alchemy....Europa and monotone have def been great steps in right direction honestly Europa is first default synth I don’t have to spend time effecting sounds they just sound great from gate but I reach for antidote more than any of props synths usually....and the world instruments are great too but can def be combined to one synth as well. Also I love octorex but it is seriously time for some updated sample libraries like waaaaay overdue they have best machine N format imo but oldest out of date library which also reminds me....RECYCLE SHUD BE INCLUDED ALSO!!!!!!!.....I Love reason and have been faithful user since 2.5 but for the $400 they don’t give you what other daw’s Do sound wise I basically had to spend an additional $400 in RE’s to stay relevant in new music....granted I could tweak the old stuff to make it what I need but if your a busy producer who has time for all that I’m not trying to be a sound creator I need to make hits fast 24/7.....although mixing is top notch and so easy now with ssl and insert slots n all they def get an A+ there from me

Jagwah

09 Jun 2019

I really thought Reason 10 would be a big deal. You know how companies celebrate the milestone of ten years or even a version ten of a product, I thought Props would see Reason 10 as a big occasion to mark with a big update.

I think people have done enough requesting, we are well over due for some much needed new and updated features. To have a major upgrade now and just drop a couple devices on us again without updating the core program... why that would be bordering on unacceptable. Another synth and a few effect devices anyone?

guitfnky

09 Jun 2019

Rackstackmusic wrote:
08 Jun 2019
I Love reason and have been faithful user since 2.5 but for the $400 they don’t give you what other daw’s Do sound wise I basically had to spend an additional $400 in RE’s to stay relevant in new music....
I haven’t used another premium DAW in years (since MOTU Digital Performer 6)...have things changed that much since then? with DP, I want to say it came with less than 15 or 20 plugins at the time. I think that’s far fewer than were even available in Reason 5 + Record (which was my first foray into Reason), when I switched. do most modern DAWs ship with a wider selection of tools and instruments than Reason nowadays?
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

esselfortium

09 Jun 2019

Jagwah wrote:
09 Jun 2019
To have a major upgrade now and just drop a couple devices on us again without updating the core program... why that would be bordering on unacceptable. Another synth and a few effect devices anyone?
I was going to ask when was the last time this happened, but thinking about it I’m not sure if there has ever been a Reason version cycle that actually matched this description.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Jagwah

10 Jun 2019

esselfortium wrote:
09 Jun 2019
I was going to ask when was the last time this happened, but thinking about it I’m not sure if there has ever been a Reason version cycle that actually matched this description.
images.jpg
images.jpg (8.88 KiB) Viewed 2614 times

: D

Oberlai

12 Jun 2019

KGB wrote:
29 Apr 2019
Jmax wrote:
29 Apr 2019
The Reason VST release was by far the most anticipated in history. I haven't gave Reason 11 much though. But some sequencer improvement would be welcome. The higher resolution would also be so cool.
I guess my real point here is mute. I'm saying, without knowing any information about the release, is R11 the most anticipated?
Hehe I was thinking exactly this. We have NO clue yet as to what R11 will bring to the table, how can R11 be the most anticipated yet? Sure we always want new stuff, but at the same time, Reason has never been more complete. I guess we're getting very spoiled.

As for time spent on development, yes it's really dragging out but that's because they keep releasing players and synths ;) Man, when you think about it, R10 was REALLY good value for money. It was certainly the big one - el grandissimo. It will be hard to top. Very very hard.

I expect R11 to be somewhat smaller an update than R10 was, and they might make a few existing devices included like they've done before. Expecting Drum Sequencer, the rack is screaming for it..

Rackstackmusic

30 Jun 2019

guitfnky wrote:
09 Jun 2019
Rackstackmusic wrote:
08 Jun 2019
I Love reason and have been faithful user since 2.5 but for the $400 they don’t give you what other daw’s Do sound wise I basically had to spend an additional $400 in RE’s to stay relevant in new music....
I haven’t used another premium DAW in years (since MOTU Digital Performer 6)...have things changed that much since then? with DP, I want to say it came with less than 15 or 20 plugins at the time. I think that’s far fewer than were even available in Reason 5 + Record (which was my first foray into Reason), when I switched. do most modern DAWs ship with a wider selection of tools and instruments than Reason nowadays?
I was more referring to quality of the sounds right out of box I myself strictly use reason on productions but when I go to friends studios with logic and FL over last 10 years or so I always was surprised how quickly they had “big” good sounds without all the leg work....I feel like reason has just started getting to that point with Europa and newer everything prior to that I would have to spend lot of time with inserts and sends getting the sounds how I wanted even with Thor....which is why I spend a lot in RE’s that provide those streamlined sounds which pretty much doubled the cost for me....but I feel like what I pay for as extras sound wise those other daw’s Already have included in a lot of cases, so I more was talking about the quality and processing of factory sounds notreally the quanity....however that being said never was enuff to make me switch I just love reasons layout and workflow and mixing capabilities way too much .....reason4life

Rackstackmusic

30 Jun 2019

Oberlai wrote:
12 Jun 2019
KGB wrote:
29 Apr 2019

I guess my real point here is mute. I'm saying, without knowing any information about the release, is R11 the most anticipated?
Hehe I was thinking exactly this. We have NO clue yet as to what R11 will bring to the table, how can R11 be the most anticipated yet? Sure we always want new stuff, but at the same time, Reason has never been more complete. I guess we're getting very spoiled.

As for time spent on development, yes it's really dragging out but that's because they keep releasing players and synths ;) Man, when you think about it, R10 was REALLY good value for money. It was certainly the big one - el grandissimo. It will be hard to top. Very very hard.

I expect R11 to be somewhat smaller an update than R10 was, and they might make a few existing devices included like they've done before. Expecting Drum Sequencer, the rack is screaming for it..
Drum sequencer is included it was in the 10.3 update....unless it was a “limited time” thing when it first came out but when I did 10.3 update I got it free when it first dropped....and yes it “lives” in my rack now if you do any modern music that involves “trap hats” or “snare rolls” the thing is absolutely incredible especially once u get deep wit it it has lot of cool trick features below the surface too

owlymane

04 Jul 2019

The sequencer section of Reason has been the least worked on for the past 5 years. It would be nice to explore that space in future releases because a lot of things can be added in this section to improve productivity
Last edited by owlymane on 04 Jul 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

04 Jul 2019

Oberlai wrote:
12 Jun 2019
KGB wrote:
29 Apr 2019

I hope not. 10 was the poorest update yet. Since I've been using it since 6.5. With the point updates it's a bit better but overall not much included considering Studio One has just had an update out with 70 features included.

Reason 10 and the point updates had:-

Europa
Grain
Pangea
Klang
Humana
Radical Piano
Synchronous
The + thing to add devices
Adjust Multiple Faders
Multi-Lane Edit
the Midi Editor Grid thing
and VST optimisation.

Radical Piano I don't want or use and don't use Synchronous much either. After VST support, devices were the last thing needed. Never got that decision.

Overall though, that's about half I'd expect from an update which cost me £100. A 3rd of the software price again.

If they gave us a 10.5 with a vast update of features for the midi-editor it'd be almost what I'd expect but that won't be happening I don't think. I think 11 will be the next announcement in 2 or 3 weeks and I hope it's gonna be the best update since 6.5 with lots of workflow enhancements and maybe an NN-XT 2 and Combinator 2 thrown in for the icing on the cake.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information