Zoetrope for your pleasure

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
moneykube

06 Jun 2019

this is worth every penny... get it !... https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... nthesizer/
Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.34.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.34.55 AM.png (414.78 KiB) Viewed 5106 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

06 Jun 2019

antic604

06 Jun 2019

What's so special about it?

Feature-wise it looks like one of those EUR/$19 synths from Skrock Music. Not to mention the GUI looks appears as if it was created in early days of RE environment with factory template...

moneykube

06 Jun 2019

ambient bliss... warm and organic sounds... totally love it... was part of beta test... blows away Skrock imo... although most Skrock are in my collection and used where appropriate... looks... don't really care... the sound is the important part. This is after all skp's first synth of many to come... love all his refills... perhaps it is my ambient affinity.... listen to the small section of patches in the demo... and you will understand
( did I say small?... ha ha... (37 minutes of excellent patches)... of course it is your decision... excited about the release... and hey... on sale as new release.... nudge nudge... for me skp has always come through for my needs... ps... reverb included is awesome
Last edited by moneykube on 06 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

antic604

06 Jun 2019

moneykube wrote:
06 Jun 2019
ambient bliss... warm and organic sounds...
Ok, you got me curious :) Thanks!

Mataya

06 Jun 2019

Nope. Nothing special here for me. Appreciate the efforts.

Loque

06 Jun 2019

I like the look and gonna check the sound, but today i need more to make me insta buy...
Reason12, Win10

nooomy

06 Jun 2019

moneykube wrote:
06 Jun 2019
ambient bliss... warm and organic sounds... totally love it... was part of beta test... blows away Skrock imo... although most Skrock are in my collection and used where appropriate... looks... don't really care... the sound is the important part. This is after all skp's first synth of many to come... love all his refills... perhaps it is my ambient affinity.... listen to the small section of patches in the demo... and you will understand
( did I say small?... ha ha... an hour of excellent patches)... of course it is your decision... excited about the release... and hey... on sale as new release.... nudge nudge... for me skp has always come through for my needs... ps... reverb included is awesome
I dont agree with you.
The demo patches sounds weak and plain.
The osc, filter and effects sounds generic and digital.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2019

Uhhp! Can't dismiss it without trying it obviously...but I'm not enthused enough to try it right away. Sorry.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

06 Jun 2019

tuff crowd... each to their own... it is new... thought I would let you all now about it.
:puf_wink: yes... I have a synth rack addiction... all good except the wallet lol... ha ha... my minimal patches are worth the price alone.... :lol: :exclamation: :cool:
I wish I had time to map the combi patches I made but mother passed away in that window.
long battle with cancer... a mercy.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2019

moneykube wrote:
06 Jun 2019
tuff crowd... each to their own... it is new... thought I would let you all now about it.
:puf_wink: yes... I have a synth rack addiction... all good except the wallet lol... ha ha... my minimal patches are worth the price alone.... :lol: :exclamation: :cool:
Not going to ask about whether or not you got this RE for free as a Beta Tester buuuut...whether you did or you didn't would you have bought this for €49 (or €65 for that matter)? Maybe that's a loaded question ha ha ha. ;)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

06 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jun 2019
moneykube wrote:
06 Jun 2019
Not going to ask about whether or not you got this RE for free as a Beta Tester buuuut...whether you did or you didn't would you have bought this for €49 (or €65 for that matter)? Maybe that's a loaded question ha ha ha. ;)
:lol: yes... time spent was all good :puf_wink:... I think I'll do a demo song as well if I can get out of the garden lol
my list of synth to buy decreasing day by day.. I have more then I need now...take too long to count them all lol... now a huge learning curve.
Huge competition ... tough market.

Loque

06 Jun 2019

moneykube wrote:
06 Jun 2019
I wish I had time to map the combi patches I made but mother passed away in that window.
long battle with cancer... a mercy.
Sad to hear that...
Reason12, Win10

Majestik Monkey

08 Jun 2019

Sometimes it is good to use a No bells & whistles Synth ...... like Zoetrope ! its simplicity is what makes interesting to me :
I think the sounds that Benedict has shown in the video , makes it very interesting sonic wise , with Dual Saws & Dual Squares
there is no Reason for it to sound / Weak / as someone mentioned in previous comments .....

Unfortunately i can not try it because i am still with Reason 9 . 5 . But to me it looks & sounds fine : Well done [SKP] :thumbs_up:

Loque

08 Jun 2019

Majestik Monkey wrote:
08 Jun 2019
Sometimes it is good to use a No bells & whistles Synth ...... like Zoetrope ! its simplicity is what makes interesting to me :
I think the sounds that Benedict has shown in the video , makes it very interesting sonic wise , with Dual Saws & Dual Squares
there is no Reason for it to sound / Weak / as someone mentioned in previous comments .....

Unfortunately i can not try it because i am still with Reason 9 . 5 . But to me it looks & sounds fine : Well done [SKP] :thumbs_up:
The video made me sleepy..
Reason12, Win10

two shoes

08 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
06 Jun 2019
What's so special about it?

Feature-wise it looks like one of those EUR/$19 synths from Skrock Music. Not to mention the GUI looks appears as if it was created in early days of RE environment with factory template...
Zoetrope sounds great to me - the list of other RE synths that have pretty bare bones interfaces but sound fantastic includes: revival, both Korg synths, ES-01, Ivoks, SAW-1, Viking vk1, etc... oh and several of the Skrock synths that you assume aren't good because they don't have ridiculous price tags attached. The Skrock instruments tend to do one thing well rather than try to be do-everything super synths and some have worked better than others for me, but several of them are quite good!

Jmax

09 Jun 2019

I'm a big fan of SKP Refills and also have the FAT50 which is a nice combo of saturation etc..

I will be trying this for sure.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2019

How did this shape up? Anybody try it? Anybody buy it? Reception seemed a bit mäh and nobody’s said much about it since release that I can see.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

RobC

17 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2019
How did this shape up? Anybody try it? Anybody buy it? Reception seemed a bit mäh and nobody’s said much about it since release that I can see.
Personally, I welcome the digital synthesis, it's something that really could be explored more by developers. It's quick and easy to use and you can make some pretty delicious sounds with it.

Spryx

19 Aug 2019

I like that the focus for this synth seems to be a quick and efficient workflow, but I think it is priced a bit too high IMHO.
That said, it seems to be missing a lot of things. You actually need to flip the rack for modulation but this is probably by design.
Osc stacking is not possible, nor does there seem to be any unison so, unless you want to load 5 of these you won't be getting modern EDM sounds out of it.
The FX are a nice and a good inclusion. A second filter would have been nice, and this is somewhat limiting. No ARP to be found, but no big deal.

Overall it is a great effort, but again the price is too high - even for a RE synth.
For a bit of clarity, this ($65) is competing against RP Go2 ($49) (XY Pad, Drawable Osc, 1.5 Filters, ARP, Fewer LFOs, Unison, Matrix).
latest:

RobC

24 Aug 2019

Spryx wrote:
19 Aug 2019
I like that the focus for this synth seems to be a quick and efficient workflow, but I think it is priced a bit too high IMHO.
That said, it seems to be missing a lot of things. You actually need to flip the rack for modulation but this is probably by design.
Osc stacking is not possible, nor does there seem to be any unison so, unless you want to load 5 of these you won't be getting modern EDM sounds out of it.
The FX are a nice and a good inclusion. A second filter would have been nice, and this is somewhat limiting. No ARP to be found, but no big deal.

Overall it is a great effort, but again the price is too high - even for a RE synth.
For a bit of clarity, this ($65) is competing against RP Go2 ($49) (XY Pad, Drawable Osc, 1.5 Filters, ARP, Fewer LFOs, Unison, Matrix).
It's 49 at the moment.
Personally, I prefer creating unique sounds, or sounds that fit the purpose, regardless what era they may sound like. I kind of felt that it's overkill what people do recently. Those mainstream sounds are too crowded and noisy for me, and many times, you can achieve richer sound with just one-two oscillators and minimal modulation or distortion tricks.

PGR

04 Aug 2020

I like the new GUI graphics by Erik Söderberg.

Loque

04 Aug 2020

Looks way more professional even if it becomes one of the many black synths out there...
Reason12, Win10

mjxl

05 Aug 2020

Yeah, that reskin is very good !

antic604

05 Aug 2020

Loque wrote:
04 Aug 2020
Looks way more professional even if it becomes one of the many black synths out there...
Yes, I wish it was a different solid colour, like red or blue. I've way too many black synths, to the point that they all start looking the same in the Browser. That's one of the things I appreciate about Props / RS designs, that they try to make their devices vary in colour & design, so it's easy to tell which is which very quickly.

But indeed, new GUI looks much better! Gotta take it for a trial, while it's on sale.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

• Information