giving up alcohol

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
reggie1979

04 Jun 2019

Yawn.

reggie1979

04 Jun 2019

Honestly, who'd post in this thread with you giving advise? That would be nobody! :lol:

reggie1979

04 Jun 2019

And even stranger, why would you troll someone who is crying for help? Wow, sorry for anyone trying to quit, this dude is so much mo' fo' real!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
04 Jun 2019
And even stranger, why would you troll someone who is crying for help? Wow, sorry for anyone trying to quit, this dude is so much mo' fo' real!
You're most certainly not being "trolled". Read back what I've written and you won't find anything I've said to be a personal attack.
Just so you know, I've worked with addicts (drug and alcohol) on both a personal level and in a professional capacity for over twenty five years. I've seen good friends deteriorate and have had two people close to me die recently as a result of substance abuse. I have on the other hand seen many people recover and get their lives back.
You say you're "crying for help", well you've already had advice offered from numerous people on this forum...I'd ask you now if you're going to listen to any of it or make a move to take yourself out of your current situation. It's you who says you're ready and willing to take action. This morning however, as I experience it, you've demonstrated only deflection.
Sure, I can hold your hand and give you a hug and tell you everything is going to be fine. Absolutely. But that won't get you anywhere unless it's in conjunction with you recognising the problem and taking a conscious decision to work on yourself with the available help.
Just one further thing before I sign off. Read the words of support offered by many forum users to Sleep at the start of this thread. Read his reactions and how he took the advice and used it. You may find some inspiration.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lokey

04 Jun 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
02 Jun 2019
Here's yet another angle. I quit smoking, why can't I quit this? It's roughly the same. Makes no sense to me.
What s the point of drinking without smoking a cig?
fl mobile

Lokey

04 Jun 2019

The secret IS to put liquor into your cheap beer,
Ever feeling devastated?
Its because you entertained less relation ships than What you need
Your pb IS alcool , okay, got it , but it IS in first place relation ships
fl mobile

Lokey

04 Jun 2019

What i dont like and gives me systematic efforts IS the double eye maan no one needs that
fl mobile

reggie1979

05 Jun 2019

Lokey wrote:
04 Jun 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
02 Jun 2019
Here's yet another angle. I quit smoking, why can't I quit this? It's roughly the same. Makes no sense to me.
Major facepalm.

reggie1979

05 Jun 2019

So I saw the spine doc today, and it didn't go well. More physical therapy (the HMO's wonder drug) in the meantime I'm in excruciating pain.

No pain pills, no hope, no dice. I'd rather feel good 3-5 hours a day than never at all.

reggie1979

05 Jun 2019

In fact, F....K THE PT/Docs. I've been down this road and it leads nowhere. I'll do it myself with the gym and the exercise ball. And copious Jim Beam :lol: (f....k life)

reddust

05 Jun 2019

I can recommend you to get your gallbladder removed, I had a surgery four years ago and got it removed and since then I can't process alcohol that good, so I don't drink anymore... it doesn't always happen but it is worth a try :lol:

eusti

05 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
05 Jun 2019
I can recommend you to get your gallbladder removed, I had a surgery four years ago and got it removed and since then I can't process alcohol that good, so I don't drink anymore... it doesn't always happen but it is worth a try :lol:
The gall bladder is also responsible for the fat metabolism. Could present issues down the line.

D.

sleep1979

05 Jun 2019

Lokey wrote:
04 Jun 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
02 Jun 2019
Exactly eat a pie at the same time ,
I failed last weekend i drunk three days in a row when the kids weren’t and here had the worse hangover of my life on sunday and still feel terrible today and its Wednesday,
Man i think i really need to be an exercising person , ok so four days now lets start again shall we 🥴

Lokey

05 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Lokey wrote:
04 Jun 2019

Exactly eat a pie at the same time ,
I failed last weekend i drunk three days in a row when the kids weren’t and here had the worse hangover of my life on sunday and still feel terrible today and its Wednesday,
Man i think i really need to be an exercising person , ok so four days now lets start again shall we 🥴
Any alcool contains as much sugar as soda
fl mobile

Lokey

05 Jun 2019

My dad switched to whiskey in sparkling water supposedly the less calorie intake (protip)
fl mobile

sleep1979

05 Jun 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
02 Jun 2019
diminished wrote:
02 Jun 2019
Attaboy! Now aim for 420 days.
One needs serious life goals like that to stay motivated.
Edit: 1337 days after that.
Yikes! There is a music festival in my city coming up in September that I must go to and I'm dreading having to face the temptation to drink. I have to go because it is the most legitimate event happening that pertains to my preferences. Maybe I can dance around with a cup of ice but I hope they don't charge me ten bucks for it.
see this is what I am saying how do everyday people have a couple of drinks a week and go to these festivals once in a while ? , I broke last Thursday Friday and Saturday , I consumed two bottles of whiskey a bottle of vodka 14 ciders , two beers and an extra cup of cider and a drink from another bottle that I threw away , I don't drink every week but when I do i'm a man possesed , no self control unless I say no completely , and I feel like shit this week wonder why its Wednesday the hangover of all hangovers was sunday , couldn't even eat my Chinese man .

sleep1979

05 Jun 2019

Lokey wrote:
05 Jun 2019
My dad switched to whiskey in sparkling water supposedly the less calorie intake (protip)
less calories sure that will help with the liver failure

and the heart pulpatations

and the general lack of concentration :lol:

Lokey

05 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Lokey wrote:
05 Jun 2019
less calories sure that will help with the liver failure

and the heart pulpatations

and the general lack of concentration :lol:
Basically you have to create your own myth bout your quitting that will become an entity like a passive income product on the market will be challenged by /fighting others myths/entities even when your sleeping
fl mobile

reasonsuser88

05 Jun 2019

Lokey wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Basically you have to create your own myth bout your quitting that will become an entity like a passive income product on the market will be challenged by /fighting others myths/entities even when your sleeping.
This is one of the techniques I used. I told myself that not drinking would help me open my third eye and communicate with another realm to inspire my creativity. Alcohol just dumbs people down and prevents them from reaching their full potential. One could argue that it can be used as a tool in social situations but I'm at a point now of thinking it is a crutch.
Last edited by reasonsuser88 on 05 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

Lokey

05 Jun 2019

Exactly so there are blueprints called religions but if you are in here you must be a créative person so you will have to craft it your way ( ever played League of légend ? Your entity will encounter Big Time offense unless you have invisibility Turned on , that IS why secrecy IS one point of interest you want to seek how to hide for survival purpose, your entity must live ,
Entity will provide you bonuses and rewards of not craving on a more and more interest pace
fl mobile

sleep1979

05 Jun 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Lokey wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Basically you have to create your own myth bout your quitting that will become an entity like a passive income product on the market will be challenged by /fighting others myths/entities even when your sleeping.
This is one of the techniques I used. I told myself that not drinking would help me open my third eye and communicate with another realm to inspire my creativity. Alcohol just dumbs people down and prevents them from reaching their full potential. One could argue that it can be used as a tool in social situations but I'm at a point now of thinking it is a crutch.
Did it help ? I just think its more my overall health

reddust

05 Jun 2019

eusti wrote:
05 Jun 2019
reddust wrote:
05 Jun 2019
The gall bladder is also responsible for the fat metabolism. Could present issues down the line.

D.
yes, one need to take care how to and what to eat/drink. Alcohol is past history for me

reasonsuser88

05 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Yeah I totally live in my own head as an introverted person. I just built my first nootropic stack of five different drugs I'm going to start taking to hack the rabbit hole.

Overall health is a tough uphill battle I imagine which is why professional assistance is necessary.

sleep1979

06 Jun 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
05 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Yeah I totally live in my own head as an introverted person. I just built my first nootropic stack of five different drugs I'm going to start taking to hack the rabbit hole.

Overall health is a tough uphill battle I imagine which is why professional assistance is necessary.
I think the riddler and his band of assistants have hacked this thread 😂 , i think u can do overall health on your own , just need consistance but its a lifestyle change which is hard when you have been living it one way for a long time .

reasonsuser88

06 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
06 Jun 2019

I think the riddler and his band of assistants have hacked this thread 😂 , i think u can do overall health on your own , just need consistance but its a lifestyle change which is hard when you have been living it one way for a long time .
I keep getting you and the other 1979 mixed up. Yeah overall health and lifestyle improvement can be done on your own (when you're not facing real medical issues) and that's more or less what I did. Something I didn't realize after 10 years of drinking is that it can take quite a while for the brain to adjust. I'm going through some dramatic changes now after 72 days of abstinence. The nootropic supplements are going to be interesting and I ordered a meal replacement mix too. My appetite has been shot to hell and I'm not eating right. I was eating healthier when I was drinking to be honest but I'm going to start a fortified meal replacement drink next week.

• Information