Custom Reason Template Ideas

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
djangoza

23 May 2019

Hi guys

I'm new to the forum, although I used to frequent the Propellerhead forum back in Reason 5/Record days.

I built a pretty cool project template back in 2016 using Reason 8, and while updating it for Reason 10, a friend expressed interest so I decided to make a video on it. The techniques apply to any version since Reason 5/Record. If you have any suggestions or questions, let me know.

djangoza

04 Jun 2019

Follow up video, Rewiring Reason into REAPER with separate outputs for each instrument. I've also posted a link to my templates in the video description.

diminished
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2019

djangoza wrote:
23 May 2019
Hi guys

I'm new to the forum, although I used to frequent the Propellerhead forum back in Reason 5/Record days.

I built a pretty cool project template back in 2016 using Reason 8, and while updating it for Reason 10, a friend expressed interest so I decided to make a video on it. The techniques apply to any version since Reason 5/Record. If you have any suggestions or questions, let me know.

That's a great source of inspiration, thanks for sharing!
I particularly like the sidechaining setup. So if I understand this correcly, each ghost kick has a different length/envelope for a different pumping effect? Selecting them via Combinator is a fantastic idea.

In my template, I also have the Loopcloud VST automatically loaded and bypassed, so all I need is to press one button for instant integration of my additional sample library.

I shied away though from adding pre-wired drum machines, because more often than not, I like to wire things differently and use different devices each time, so I save myself the hassle and keep my rack clean.
The only instrument in my template is a piano, for quick recording of musical ideas.
An empty Combinator with a Line Mixer is a great idea, too.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Molotovbeatz

06 Jun 2019

Template idea: Im using KONG a lot so what I did was assigning each PAD individually to an Audio device to have full control on each one of them in the SSL bus.
Attachments
reas2.jpg
reas2.jpg (523.69 KiB) Viewed 821 times

djangoza

11 Sep 2020

diminished wrote:
04 Jun 2019
In my template, I also have the Loopcloud VST automatically loaded and bypassed, so all I need is to press one button for instant integration of my additional sample library.
Apologies, I forgot to tick the "notify me of replies" box!
Maybe I should give Loopcloud a second chance. On paper it seems handy. I have a Splice subscription but if I can organise and tag my Splice library alongside my existing samples, that would be handy. My first impression wasn't great, as I imported a gigantic film sound effects library to it in the hope of tagging it, but Loopcloud spent five or more minutes scanning the folder every time I opened it, and then it kept favoring search results from the cloud instead of my local files.
Molotovbeatz wrote:
06 Jun 2019
Template idea: Im using KONG a lot so what I did was assigning each PAD individually to an Audio device to have full control on each one of them in the SSL bus.
I think that's how most people do it, and I see the merit for sure. The reason I went with a Combinator is the ability to load a whole "ready to go" drum rack including all sends and processing, in any project. Considering I seldom actually do that, maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot. I wonder what impact either method has on CPU usage.

• Information