The Dark Theme Should Have A Dark Mixer.

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
hurricane
Competition Winner

04 May 2019

I'll keep requesting 'till it gets done.

Please and thank you.

sslrealdarktheme.jpg
sslrealdarktheme.jpg (231.16 KiB) Viewed 5329 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Djstarski

04 May 2019

hurricane wrote:
04 May 2019
I'll keep requesting 'till it gets done.

Please and thank you.

sslrealdarktheme.jpg
I wouldn't mind this on my screen .

DrGOA®

09 May 2019

I support the idea!👌

ProfessaKaos

12 May 2019

Would be very nice to have the option.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

reddust

27 May 2019

I support this too, I really prefer dark themes when working on computer for hours, kind of let my eyes last longer :)

Aosta

27 May 2019

I concur!
I would also like a choice of mixer channels as REs, like emulations of classic mixers, been wanting that since REs arrived.
Tend the flame

pushedbutton

27 May 2019

Look at it! Look! All those shiney knobs will cause eye strain. Nope nope nope. Do it properly or don't do it at all.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

sleep1979

27 May 2019

pushedbutton wrote:
27 May 2019
Look at it! Look! All those shiney knobs will cause eye strain. Nope nope nope. Do it properly or don't do it at all.
I agree the colours are too bright

tallguy

28 May 2019

pushedbutton wrote:
27 May 2019
Aw come on. We all know what Hurricane is trying to get across and we all agree with it. Redesigning the colour scheme of a complex interface takes time. A lot of time. Just a mock-up is enough for now.

Jackjackdaw

28 May 2019

I think the dark theme should have darker grey highlights. The light grey lines on the dark grey bkg look cheesy to me.

tallguy

28 May 2019

Alright. Since we're just having some fun with Photoshop... and like I said earlier. It's just a quick and dirty mock-up. Couldn't be bothered to do an entire channel strip, but you get the idea.

Mmj85

30 May 2019

tallguy wrote:
28 May 2019
Alright. Since we're just having some fun with Photoshop... and like I said earlier. It's just a quick and dirty mock-up. Couldn't be bothered to do an entire channel strip, but you get the idea.

Nice ++
This will be easier on the eyes when working with that SSL Strip :)

hurricane
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2019

I like Waves, but not the shadows:
ssl.jpg
ssl.jpg (156.09 KiB) Viewed 4961 times

Brainworx is ok:
Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 11.11.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 11.11.52 AM.png (560.05 KiB) Viewed 4961 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

mcatalao
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2019

Yep, it definitely should! The dark themes always felt half done.

Oh and some default devices, like the base combinator, kong faceplates, mixer channel, hardware controller, etc, etc could be darker too when you selected the darker mode.

EdGrip

06 Jun 2019

Yes, it should.

Creativemind

06 Jun 2019

tallguy wrote:
28 May 2019

My god, how nice. 1000 times yes to you and the OP.

Please Propellerhead, pretty please.

They wanna add a couple more themes too. One being proper jet black (as dark was just dark not black) and have a checkbox in the preferences for "Theme Affects Mixer". They also want to allow the themes to be applied without having to restart Reason.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

scratchnsnifff

16 Jun 2019

What if we could have the ability to change all colors of certain areas and skins of certain areas of devices

Like the combinator skins :)

I wish all rack devices had that ability, sure there’s a lot of over the top cheese-y backdrops for refills but there’s a lot of great graphic design peoples out there nowadays

Perhaps it would be easier to leave design colors up to people but I honestly don’t have a clue :p
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

selig
RE Developer

16 Jun 2019

The original SSL E and G series WERE dark, no need to re-invent the wheel at all - just give us the E/G option please!
Selig Audio, LLC

MrBlue

17 Jun 2019

selig wrote:
16 Jun 2019
The original SSL E and G series WERE dark, no need to re-invent the wheel at all - just give us the E/G option please!
:thumbs_up:

Luxuria

17 Jun 2019

+1 for COMPLETE dark theme. Dark mixer and
the default combinator skin turns dark if an already existing combinator skin is not present.

I've been salty towards Pheads for a number of things they have released half baked and this is the biggest one that doesn't make any sense to me.

Working in a dark sequencer only to switch to the mixer and be blinded by white= Blinding. It's very frustrating.

They shouldn't promote it as "dark theme" if 1/3 of the program switches only. It's proper title ATM should be "dark sequencer" in the general preferences. Oh, I forgot the browser changes too so I guess it'd be "dark sequencer and browser".

lowtom

25 Jun 2019

+1. Would love that and also new style for ReGroove to fit transport design and themes.
:reason: :refill: :re:

reddust

25 Jun 2019

I like Reason's GUI pretty much, but some parts really feel like we still were using 90's software, the mixer being one of these. I would really like a general GUI update to match modern design standards without breaking the current distribution of most of the content, so we don't need to re-learn where is which button all over again. A dark theme for the SSL mixer would be welcome and I know Swedish people have a good taste when it comes to design, so I hope the next big Reason update includes not just a dark mode for the SSL but some of that nice Scandinavian design as well :)

tallguy

01 Jul 2019

Of course, once you start talking dark mixer, you really should start looking at all Reason devices...

jedirobots

10 Jul 2019

reddust wrote:
25 Jun 2019
I like Reason's GUI pretty much, but some parts really feel like we still were using 90's software, the mixer being one of these. I would really like a general GUI update to match modern design standards without breaking the current distribution of most of the content, so we don't need to re-learn where is which button all over again. A dark theme for the SSL mixer would be welcome and I know Swedish people have a good taste when it comes to design, so I hope the next big Reason update includes not just a dark mode for the SSL but some of that nice Scandinavian design as well :)
This is so true. It looks like a relic from the 90s. That being said I am a little worried as to what any new design updates will look like if the ugly utility devices are anything to go by. Even the older rack devices such as subtractor etc look newer and more functional than those.

I've been using FL Studio for the past 2 months now and their mixer is so slick and usable, making it very difficult to look at or to efficiently use Reason's mixer. Even simple things like seeing the numbering on the meters, or not having to scroll up and down a 4/5 rack ssl mixer...

(Not my image)

I'd hope for some sort of colour wheel too whilst they're at it, because 20 colours... is surprisingly not enough.... :puf_unhappy:

Creativemind

27 Dec 2022

tallguy wrote:
28 May 2019

Where has the image gone from this post?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information