Post the weirdest track you've made

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 May 2019

I have quite a few weird tracks so it's hard to pick, but I think I'll go with this one from 2014.

I was writing a lot of electronic metal music at the time. I guess my brain needed a short break from all the double bass drumming and heaviness, something completely different. Well this is what happened.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 May 2019

Mambo Exotica Extremo.
Cool!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reasonsuser88

11 May 2019

Void
Last edited by reasonsuser88 on 22 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

Ahornberg

11 May 2019

give me television
give me trash
give me sticky air
give me cash

let me drink the poison
leave me alone
'cause I feel
like a stone

where is my perception
why can't I feel the pain
in this worn out body
in this worn out brain

give me television
give me trash
give me sticky air
give me cash

I live in memories
I live in dreams
I race from trip to trip
I race from trip to trip

Loque

11 May 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
11 May 2019
I have quite a few weird tracks so it's hard to pick, but I think I'll go with this one from 2014.

I was writing a lot of electronic metal music at the time. I guess my brain needed a short break from all the double bass drumming and heaviness, something completely different. Well this is what happened.

Perfect for a jump n run game.
Reason12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

11 May 2019

Smacking my head on the keyboard

rgdaniel

11 May 2019

The video version is a 2016 remake (in Reason) of a song I originally did in Opcode Studio Vision 20 years earlier, in 1996.

The original 1996 version sounds a lot cleaner. I may need to have another go at this one.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
11 May 2019
Korg Minilogue going into Dark Star reverb and Rat 2 distortion pedals with further processing in Reason.

An unlisted exercise in the appreciation of freestyle and resonance.

I like this one. Really creepy.

NekujaK

02 Jun 2019

Of course there have been lots of bizarre experiments and throw-aways over the years, but this is probably the weirdest track I ever brought to full completion and shared with the world. Created way back in my first year of using Reason 2.5, when the NN-XT was my best friend...

wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

diminished
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2019

NekujaK wrote:
02 Jun 2019
Of course there have been lots of bizarre experiments and throw-aways over the years, but this is probably the weirdest track I ever brought to full completion and shared with the world. Created way back in my first year of using Reason 2.5, when the NN-XT was my best friend...

I had two tabs running the video at the same time. Didn't even notice, sounded great. :lol:
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

NekujaK

02 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
02 Jun 2019
NekujaK wrote:
02 Jun 2019

I had two tabs running the video at the same time. Didn't even notice, sounded great. :lol:
Hah! The first official remix!! :lol:
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

MannequinRaces

03 Jun 2019

All of these are great! What a great thread idea. Here's mine... it's basically a tuba solo with some accompaniment.

HeavyViper

03 Jun 2019

https://instaud.io/3LkI

Made not long after I bought Reason 7. Still probably one of the best and worst things I've ever done.
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

djadalaide

03 Jun 2019

HeavyViper wrote:
03 Jun 2019
https://instaud.io/3LkI

Made not long after I bought Reason 7. Still probably one of the best and worst things I've ever done.
I like it, downloaded it!

diminished
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2019

I've made all kinds of weird stuff and I'm also a little sad that with getting older, the ingenuity kinda faded, you know what I mean? Not knowing how to achieve or copy anything really led to unorthodox approaches and there are days where I really miss that certain "workflow" of my younger self.

Here's a little piece from 2003 where I accepted and incorporated the fact that I can't play the piano :)
theartist.mp3
(224.29 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

• Information