The Sports Channel..........

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
reggie1979

21 May 2019

Yep, bored again.

I'm a pretty basic fan of sports. Since there isn't anyone talking here I thought I'd just start a thread, let's not be too judgmental ;) I know people can be extreme with this.

Current fascinations: The NBA. The GS Warriors are on the march again. The team they are waiting for will have HOME COURT advantage regardless. Milwaukee hasn't looked so hot in the last two games but they are HUGE! Toronto (I'm going on record I hate drake!) has come back and looked dominate tonight.

?????? Who knows what is going to happen but the Warriors look like they are having fun. Splash Bros. in full form so to speak.

Share your plight or right.

reggie1979

23 May 2019

Man, I can't believe I'm the only one!

Raptors beat Milwaukee tonight, uggg. I hate Drake :lol:

aeox
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
23 May 2019
I hate Drake :lol:
:D

Heigen5

24 May 2019

Finland won the yesterday's ice-hockey against Sweden with a team that had zero NHL players while Sweden had a super-team full of NHL players. :D

joeyluck

24 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
21 May 2019
Yep, bored again.

I'm a pretty basic fan of sports. Since there isn't anyone talking here I thought I'd just start a thread, let's not be too judgmental ;) I know people can be extreme with this.

Current fascinations: The NBA. The GS Warriors are on the march again. The team they are waiting for will have HOME COURT advantage regardless. Milwaukee hasn't looked so hot in the last two games but they are HUGE! Toronto (I'm going on record I hate drake!) has come back and looked dominate tonight.

?????? Who knows what is going to happen but the Warriors look like they are having fun. Splash Bros. in full form so to speak.

Yeah I'm rooting for the Bucks because I like Giannis. But whoever can beat the Warriors... :)

And like you mention, whoever comes out of the east will have home court in the Finals. At this point though if I keep rooting for the Bucks, I'm rooting for a team that has to go 7 games before facing a very well rested Warriors, so not sure who to root for now lol.

Was fun seeing Steph play against his brother Seth. Seth actually had some pretty good games. I wish the Blazers would've given him or Meyers Leonard the last shot in game 4, just for something different and to give someone else the opportunity.

MannequinRaces

24 May 2019

joeyluck wrote:
24 May 2019
Was fun seeing Steph play against his brother Seth. Seth actually had some pretty good games. I wish the Blazers would've given him or Meyers Leonard the last shot in game 4, just for something different and to give someone else the opportunity.
Leonard was on FIRE! That was fun to watch.

Zac

24 May 2019

I'm looking forward to the cricket world cup starting on the 30th. A whole month and a half with a match everyday. And it's in England. I don't have sky sports so I'll mainly listening on the radio but that's a nice gentle inobtrusive way of taking it in. I may pop to the pub to watch a few hours of the England games.

Then there's the ashes later in the summer. Sorted.

Zac

24 May 2019

I'm really hoping Derby beat Villa on Monday in the Championship Play-Off Final to get promoted to the Premiership.

I've bet a tenner on Villa to win so even if Derby lose at least I'll have made a few quid. If Derby win I won't care about losing the tenner.

reggie1979

24 May 2019

joeyluck wrote:
24 May 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
21 May 2019
Yep, bored again.

Yeah I'm rooting for the Bucks because I like Giannis. But whoever can beat the Warriors... :)

And like you mention, whoever comes out of the east will have home court in the Finals. At this point though if I keep rooting for the Bucks, I'm rooting for a team that has to go 7 games before facing a very well rested Warriors, so not sure who to root for now lol.

The Warriors are likely to not have KD for the finals. To my eyes both Milwaukee and Toronto are HUGE! They seem much larger than little GS.

motuscott

24 May 2019

My local sports team is far superior to your local sports team.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

joeyluck

24 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
24 May 2019
joeyluck wrote:
24 May 2019

The Warriors are likely to not have KD for the finals. To my eyes both Milwaukee and Toronto are HUGE! They seem much larger than little GS.
Funny thing, I'm not sure who I'd root for if KD is out lol. I'd like anybody but the Warriors to win, but I also think it would funny if the Warriors win without KD. I didn't like his decision to go to the Warriors, a 73-win team, after losing to them.

reggie1979

24 May 2019

I like to win :lol: I should be a Kings fan but that organization is so effed up. This year was a little hopeful though for the future.

Zac

24 May 2019

motuscott wrote:
24 May 2019
I know what you mean but man i know some people who live their lives on this. They were brought up that way. You weren't. I wasnt to any extent other than the odd visit each year.

They are good people still. Just mad.

reggie1979

24 May 2019

motuscott wrote:
24 May 2019
Though I know you are playing, this is still likely to be true. I go bay area for the most part and they mostly suck. The Warriors and the Sharks being the exception but the Sharks gagged it away again this year too.

reasonsuser88

24 May 2019

I watched professional poker on the sports channels back when I had access to television.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

reggie1979

24 May 2019

Professional Poker?

Zac

24 May 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
24 May 2019
I watched professional poker on the sports channels back when I had access to television.
I used to download high stakes poker etc for a while when it was on. Dem yanks love to gamble yall.

And yes Reg it is very entertaining when they're putting millions on a bluff or aa over kk...

Daniel Negranu always seemed to get stiffed with full house over full house which i always found amusing causr he was always looking to trap.

reasonsuser88

25 May 2019

Zac wrote:
24 May 2019
I used to download high stakes poker etc for a while when it was on. Dem yanks love to gamble yall.
There are big tournaments all over the world really e.g. European Poker Tour, Aussie Millions, etc. I think the high stakes poker you speak of was straight cash whereas the big tournaments are played for prize money.

As far as I'm concerned, gambling is the only thing being a sports fan is good for, but to each their own. I never bet on sports and couldn't care less about the culture.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

Zac

25 May 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
25 May 2019
Zac wrote:
24 May 2019
There are big tournaments all over the world really e.g. European Poker Tour, Aussie Millions, etc. I think the high stakes poker you speak of was straight cash whereas the big tournaments are played for prize money.

As far as I'm concerned, gambling is the only thing being a sports fan is good for, but to each their own. I never bet on sports and couldn't care less about the culture.
It's nice to 'belong' though, right? I knew i thought so when i was a young metal head and also when i was in love.

Zac

25 May 2019

And tournaments bore me. No limits cash games are where it's at.

reggie1979

25 May 2019

Warriors @ Toronto.

Toronto in 4.

joeyluck

25 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
25 May 2019
Warriors @ Toronto.

Toronto in 4.
Haha yeah at least your boy, Drake will be trolling the Warriors

reggie1979

26 May 2019

The Giants have only given up 34 runs in 3 games, so far.

VariableX

27 May 2019

Zac wrote:
24 May 2019
I'm really hoping Derby beat Villa on Monday in the Championship Play-Off Final to get promoted to the Premiership.

I've bet a tenner on Villa to win so even if Derby lose at least I'll have made a few quid. If Derby win I won't care about losing the tenner.
haha this is how I bet too 😂

reggie1979

28 May 2019

Ugggggg, this was an awful weekend for sports and then today starting my shows back up are mostly awful.

• Information