Toybox modular FREE

Discuss VST stuff here!
dvdrtldg

19 May 2019

For those who haven't seen this: https://www.toyboxaudio.com/
TOYBOX is a collection of 130 modular software synthesis blocks for Reaktor Player.

The blocks can be wired together in limitless combinations using virtual patch cables on the front panel. The blocks combine modern sequencing, sampling and digital synthesis with state of the art analogue modelling.

The collection is divided into 4 separate packs with tools for modern leads and basses, sampling, sound design, effects creation and audio processing. All packs, including the FREE pack are compatible with the free Reaktor Player.
Grab this with the free Komplete Start package and you've got yourself quite a nice little environment for exploring modular synthesis & more, plays perfectly inside Reason

antic604

20 May 2019

The beauty of modular systems is the fact that every module can look different, to sort of reflect its unique function and help guide you through the patch to instantly see what's what.

They completely failed with this and it's only one of the 3 bundles that's free

chimp_spanner

20 May 2019

Hmm. Looks cool, although tbh I'm a little modular-ed out right now. Complex-1 just scratches the itch for me with its simplicity and ease of use. And there are so many platforms to buy modules in now. Like Hetrick and Vult modules are on sale for VCV, Cherry Audio Voltage Modular and Reaktor Blocks. It's all become quite fragmented, and expensive. Still cheaper than real Eurorack I suppose! But still, collecting all the modules you want can become really expensive, really fast. Especially considering that each platform has various pros and cons. TBH I'm just waiting for VCV to go full VST.

Loque

20 May 2019

I am just wondering, what 130 modules can do? 30 different filters, 30 different oscillators with slightly differences?

...just had a look...i Forgot, that you need mono/stereo for every module...sigh...4 mixers...and more level controls...Guys...its not the number of devices that counts...

Maybe i would give it a try...Anybody has any comments on it? I am eyeing the pitch-follower...
Reason12, Win10

dvdrtldg

20 May 2019

I haven't had the chance yet to do much more with it than download, activate and play with some patches. Amazing sound quality, and did I mention it's free

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

20 May 2019

Picked up will have a deep play with these

WongoTheSane

20 May 2019

Very good modules all around, and Racks compatible, which isn't too common yet. Not being able to import old blocks in Racks is a real annoyance :(

boingy

20 May 2019

It's not my bag but it's hard to argue with the price. :puf_smile:

David@TOYBOX

27 May 2019

The beauty of modular systems is the fact that every module can look different, to sort of reflect its unique function and help guide you through the patch to instantly see what's what
I guess there's a compromise between avoiding garishness or visual distractions and consistency, usability.. there are big visual differences between different families (Bento, Monark, West Coast, Toybox, Michael Hetrick) but there is consistency across the same family, just as there is in the euroack worlds. To be honest I've not had any complaints about that, doesn't seem to be a problem, especially if you are mixing up blocks from different families.
Still cheaper than real Eurorack I suppose! But still, collecting all the modules you want can become really expensive, really fast.
There are a lot of modules available for free (around 280) between the the free Native Instruments 'Blocks Base' pack, the free toybox pack and the free Michael Hetrick pack.. all these will work without restriction with the free Reaktor player. So you can have a lot of fun with a pretty flexible modular set up without need to buy anything. All the toybox sequencer blocks are included in the free pack and the Michael Hetrick free pack is very deep.
I am just wondering, what 130 modules can do? 30 different filters, 30 different oscillators with slightly differences?
A LOT of effects blocks, routing, sequencing, modulation sources, samplers, vocoders, physical modelling, granular synthesis, loopers, switches utilities.. nothing is duplicated.. the filters are all multimode.. about 1 years worth of development.
Very good modules all around, and Racks compatible, which isn't too common yet. Not being able to import old blocks in Racks is a real annoyance :(
Thanks! :)

As far as I know Native Instruments have plans for the future to allow old user blocks to be converted to the new racks mode, they just need to create the tools to allow this.. the idea was to get the new format released first then figure out the rest..

Boombastix
Competition Winner

27 May 2019

Here's the link to the Unfiltered FREE Reaktor modules.

https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/product ... ee-edition
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

David@TOYBOX

30 May 2019

Sound designer CinningBao demonstrating how to build a basic synth and then use the ‘Macro Preset’ block to create a set of preset sounds and to morph between:

WongoTheSane

31 May 2019

A David Alexander interview about Toybox Blocks (and a video about the Granular Sample Player):

https://blog.native-instruments.com/out-of-the-toybox

David@TOYBOX

02 Jun 2019

Thanks Wongo! there's another video just posted (this time sound designer CinningBao getting robotic with the TOYBOX Analog Vocoder block) -->

David@TOYBOX

27 Nov 2019

FYI, Toybox Reaktor blocks Black Friday sale: enter BLACKFRIDAY19 at the checkout for 25% discount. -->

http://toyboxaudio.com

(V1.1 will be released next week…)

Re8et
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

David@TOYBOX wrote:
27 Nov 2019
FYI, Toybox Reaktor blocks Black Friday sale: enter BLACKFRIDAY19 at the checkout for 25% discount. -->

http://toyboxaudio.com

(V1.1 will be released next week…)
Wow, just got the free pack installed, I'm really positively impressed by the number of utilities packed in!!
I've been making a polysynth just for fun this past week with the new blocks with front cables, this was
a very unexpected surprise!
I spend so much time arranging folders in Reaktor that when I need to actually play something I tend to get on the loose... because it's so hard to remember where You put what!!
It's so good you have done the work in advance!! I'm 100% sure I'll screw all up anyway :? :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• Information