Kitput remix contest!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
Kenni
Site Admin

13 May 2019

crosslink_ad_1080.png
crosslink_ad_1080.png (481.39 KiB) Viewed 9995 times
Together with Crosslink Music, ReasonTalk is thrilled to present our first remix competition!

Long time Reason and ReasonTalk user tibah is ready with his first EP release on Crosslink Music under his Kitput moniker titled "Von Hier An / Sonnentag". To celebrate ReasonTalk will be hosting a remix contest in cooperation with Crosslink Music! There's two songs in the EP. You choose whether you'll remix one or both, however; It's quality over quantity!

The originals:

soundcloud.com/crosslinkmusic/sets/kitput-von-hier-an-sonnentag/s-Xqj13

Prizes
Winners will be picked for two Kitput Remix EP’s – one remix EP for each song, containing 3 remixes each. In total there’ll be 6 winners, which means that for each song, there’ll be 3 winners. If you’ve chosen to remix both songs, it is possible to win with both entries.

Winner
  • The remix will be released on a Kitput “Von Hier An Remixes” and/or “Sonnentag Remixes” EP
  • The winner will be offered a contract for an EP release containing 2-4 tracks of the winner’s original music to be released on Crosslink Music
  • Crosslink Music will be an active part in sparing & co-working with the winner, to ensure the best possible outcome of the winner’s EP release
1st runner-up
  • The remix will be released on a Kitput “Von Hier An Remixes” and/or “Sonnentag Remixes” EP
  • The Runner-up will be offered a contract for a Single release containing 1 track of the runner-up’s original music to be released on Crosslink Music
  • Crosslink Music will be an active part in sparing & co-working with the winner, to ensure the best possible outcome of the winner’s Single release
2nd runner-up
The release of the winning remixes be including a 50% royalty share, and worldwide promotion.

Rules
  • All participants must be of the age of 15 or older.
  • There's two songs in the EP. You choose whether you'll remix one or both, however; It's quality over quantity!
  • There are no restrictions on genre but please note that winning submissions not in the electronic music genre cannot be released on DJ Stores like Beatport, Juno Download and TraxSource – they will however still be available for release on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify and the likes.
  • All participants agree by submitting their entry to the challenge that their contribution (or an excerpt from it) may be presented on Crosslink Music’s SoundCloud or aired in Crosslink Music Worldwide radio shows or played live at gigs and events
  • No cash alternatives
  • Only one entry per participant per song
  • Remix contest ends June 14th 2019 9:00 AM CEST (UTC +2)
  • Not all elements are required to be used from either of the remix packages, but please note that it’s a remix competition, and the entries should be recognised as such
  • No copyrighted material or samples allowed, only cleared material
  • All entrants, if requested, must be prepared to provide evidence that the rules have been adhered to. This includes providing a copy of the song file to verify that no copyrighted material have been used
  • When it comes to instruments, ANYTHING goes, including your own vocals
Send your remix as mp3 (320 kBit/s) or equivalent quality format. We’re perfectly fine with m4a and aac too, via Dropbox, WeTransfer or similar service to:

contest@crosslinkmusic.com

As this is a ReasonTalk competition, you must include your ReasonTalk username in the email as well. Winners will be asked for an unmastered mixdown of their entry – details will follow after winners have been announced.

We encourage participants to upload excerpts of their entries to SoundCloud, YouTube or other hosts, but please do not share full songs in public, only excerpts! If you should feel inclined to share your entries on social media, tag them @Reasontalk or #Reasontalk and @CrosslinkMusic or #CrosslinkMusic on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.

Judges are Kitput and Crosslink Music.

You can find the remix packages here: https://bit.ly/2VoJsCJ

Read more here!

Good luck to all of you!
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Loque

13 May 2019

That is an excellent idea! I will look for some time and give it a try.
Reason12, Win10

Harmen

13 May 2019

Thanks, will try. I think it fits my bill.

Cheers,.

tibah

13 May 2019

Enjoy! :puf_smile: :thumbs_up:

reasonsuser88

13 May 2019

tibah wrote:
13 May 2019
Congrats! Nice to see you doing some things and thanks for the opportunity. :)
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

13 May 2019

Is there some more info on Proton Music? I cannot find it.
I looked at Crosslink to figure what the "worldwide promotion" could mean, but with only 22 Facebook followers and their YouTube channel getting less than a 1000 views per song, I have some difficulty to understand the full value of "worldwide promotion".
There is a Proton Records on beatport, but not sure it is the same Proton (seems to be a name used by several music related entities), but there is no activity since 2015.
If someone from Proton/Crosslink could shed some light on this I would appreciate it. Is there a marketing budget, where are the followers, where are the views, where is the sales channel, what is typical per track sales?
I think it was good that it was clear how copyright is split, kudos for that!
Thanks!
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Nornec
Competition Winner

13 May 2019

Great idea for a contest! I take "Winners will be asked for an unmastered mixdown of their entry" to mean we submit mixed/mastered compositions as entries?

Kenni
Site Admin

14 May 2019

Nornec wrote:
13 May 2019
Great idea for a contest! I take "Winners will be asked for an unmastered mixdown of their entry" to mean we submit mixed/mastered compositions as entries?
Obviously, your entry has to be mixed. I urge people to add some mastering as well or in any way make the entry sound as finished as possible, whatever that might entail.

It's normal procedure to deliver an unmastered version of a song for a label before release so they can throw it towards dedicated mastering engineers. But who knows, it might not be needed at all :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

CrosslinkMusic

14 May 2019

Boombastix wrote:
13 May 2019
Is there some more info on Proton Music? I cannot find it.
I looked at Crosslink to figure what the "worldwide promotion" could mean, but with only 22 Facebook followers and their YouTube channel getting less than a 1000 views per song, I have some difficulty to understand the full value of "worldwide promotion".
There is a Proton Records on beatport, but not sure it is the same Proton (seems to be a name used by several music related entities), but there is no activity since 2015.
If someone from Proton/Crosslink could shed some light on this I would appreciate it. Is there a marketing budget, where are the followers, where are the views, where is the sales channel, what is typical per track sales?
I think it was good that it was clear how copyright is split, kudos for that!
Thanks!
Hi Boombastix.

Thanks for taking our contest under careful review - it always makes sense to digg deeper if something is unclear. :)
'Worldwide Promotion' on Crosslink Music first of all means we'll be supplying a careful selection of our vast network of DJs, promo pools and other industry related professionals with release related information and with the music.

Not many labels have a loyal fan base; fans tend to build rapport with the artists, so to be honest, our social media channels have not been getting that much attention from me.

The info you might be seeking on Proton can be found here:
Proton Music on Beatport: https://www.beatport.com/label/proton-music/749
Proton Music label overview: https://www.discogs.com/label/49499-Proton-Music

Best,
Lars

Boombastix
Competition Winner

14 May 2019

Hey Lars, thanks for response!

EpiGenetik

14 May 2019

Is there a preferred track length? Also, how far from the beaten path is advisable? In other words, when looking at the label on Beatport it's very much in the Deep/Prog House field (with some gems among the newer more melodic tracks, in fairness), but is there much point in me doing this as a harder heavier techno track, possibly even with industrial elements?

The imprint seems more focused, rather than a broad church, so I just want to clarify if there is much scope for pushing it a bit further.

Cheers

Kenni
Site Admin

15 May 2019

EpiGenetik wrote:
14 May 2019
Is there a preferred track length? Also, how far from the beaten path is advisable? In other words, when looking at the label on Beatport it's very much in the Deep/Prog House field (with some gems among the newer more melodic tracks, in fairness), but is there much point in me doing this as a harder heavier techno track, possibly even with industrial elements?

The imprint seems more focused, rather than a broad church, so I just want to clarify if there is much scope for pushing it a bit further.

Cheers
As I've understood it with my talks with Lars, they're not too focused on genres. Anything goes! The only note were that some genres can't be released on DJ portals like beatport and so on.

If I were you, keep saying to yourself "This remix is what is going to put this label into new waters!" :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

15 May 2019

I'll try and get something in for this :)

EpiGenetik

15 May 2019

Kenni wrote:
15 May 2019
EpiGenetik wrote:
14 May 2019

Cheers
As I've understood it with my talks with Lars, they're not too focused on genres. Anything goes! The only note were that some genres can't be released on DJ portals like beatport and so on.

If I were you, keep saying to yourself "This remix is what is going to put this label into new waters!" :)
Sweet!

Thanks for getting back to me :)

Desmondblack
Competition Winner

15 May 2019

tibah wrote:
13 May 2019
Like the EP, it sounds like Pantha du Prince's Black Noise a little bit to me. Will give it a shot!
Can't produce in the bedroom - people are sleeping there!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 May 2019

tibah wrote:
13 May 2019
These are nice tracks, btw :)

tibah

17 May 2019

Cheers for the kind words guys! Now let's noodle around with those stems. :D

aeox
Competition Winner

24 May 2019

tibah wrote:
17 May 2019
Don't mind if I do :)

MarkTarlton

24 May 2019

I'm almost done with mine! I had 2 crashes since I started, and one of the times it wouldn't open after learning my lesson the hard way, but thanks to that I have back ups in multiple places, so I only lost like 20 minutes of work that was easily brought back into a previous saved file.

MikaNub

25 May 2019

That was quick. Im still doing home projects but nearing the end. ... I think. Only went fishing one day in the last month. The contest is on my to do list though. Hope others feel the same way.

tibah

25 May 2019

aeox wrote:
24 May 2019
tibah wrote:
17 May 2019
I had my fingers crossed for you to join this competition! ;)

aeox
Competition Winner

25 May 2019

tibah wrote:
25 May 2019
aeox wrote:
24 May 2019

I had my fingers crossed for you to join this competition! ;)
"We encourage participants to upload excerpts of their entries to SoundCloud, YouTube or other hosts, but please do not share full songs in public, only excerpts!"

:D

tibah

26 May 2019

:-o :clap:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

30 May 2019

Found some time, and here it is, a teaser...

Sortitoutonsunday

03 Jun 2019

I love these competitions. They forces you to do stuff I would never do or even think of and it's so developing! It makes me a better musician and a better producer. I've never ever made a remix before and have been struggling with this for some time now. But here it is..

(And if the owner of the contest image want me to change it on soundcloud, I will. Just thought it was suitable)
Reason fanboy since 6.5
:reason: :PUF_balance: :roll:

• Information