Enlightenspeed plugins have hit the shop!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
diminished
Competition Winner

15 May 2019

eusti wrote:
15 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
15 May 2019
Hey folks, a new video has been posted up on YouTube for Chordbank, with better audio quality. We'll return to this later and do a more focused bite-sized version as a lot of people are struggling with the CHordbank basics apparently. Let me know how this one feels, in terms of how the info is presented.

https://youtu.be/8k47lM-oQnc

Many thanks
Turn on the captions for a little bit of extra fun! ;)

D.
".. from the Luke tracker suite series cord bike" :lol: :lol:
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

15 May 2019

"skills and cards" oh my good this is too good. Eusti how am I supposed to watch the video now..
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

eusti

15 May 2019

@diminished: I know!!! That's what happened to me... I thought... Well, I'm not sure if I'll understand everything, let me turn on the captions to make sure... Well, not sure if I understood more, but I sure had much more fun with the video! ;)

D.

diminished
Competition Winner

15 May 2019

Okay I turned it off. All joking aside, audio quality and speech intelligibility are way better now, Brian!

Found this (18min30sec). Is this a bug? With "thru = on", the velocity isn't changing at all if my ears are right.

I just love this device. It's the perfect songwriting companion, helps to transfer your musical sound palette to all your different instruments and it's exactly what I need to store my ideas that came from the Isla Instruments Kordbot in Reason.
Also, if you're a shitty keyboard player like I am and have trouble remembering and replicating the chords you played while toying around: have it in quick learn mode and enjoy going back and forth through the bank to come up with unique chord progressions..
To me this RE is the best thing that has happened to reason since the introduction of audio.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 May 2019

diminished wrote:
15 May 2019
eusti wrote:
15 May 2019

Turn on the captions for a little bit of extra fun! ;)

D.
Laugh all you want, but I'm willing to bet that there is no Chord Bike device anywhere, not even in the VST world. This could be the spark of imagination that makes us all millionaires.

All I need to know now is what in the hell it does!

:puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:

diminished
Competition Winner

16 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
16 May 2019
diminished wrote:
15 May 2019

Laugh all you want, but I'm willing to bet that there is no Chord Bike device anywhere, not even in the VST world. This could be the spark of imagination that makes us all millionaires.

If you place three plastic pieces on different positions along the radius, barely touching the spokes, and drive fast enough, you could indeed play a chord with it. Chord bike!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 May 2019

diminished wrote:
16 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
16 May 2019

If you place three plastic pieces on different positions along the radius, barely touching the spokes, and drive fast enough, you could indeed play a chord with it. Chord bike!
Intriguing.

How do we change chord exactly? Is there a mechanism, or is it "take it to the shop" time?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 May 2019

eusti wrote:
15 May 2019
@diminished: I know!!! That's what happened to me... I thought... Well, I'm not sure if I'll understand everything, let me turn on the captions to make sure... Well, not sure if I understood more, but I sure had much more fun with the video! ;)

D.
Could happen to anyone, check out some of the BBC's finest work here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jtzzAQgswo

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
16 May 2019
diminished wrote:
16 May 2019

Intriguing.

How do we change chord exactly? Is there a mechanism, or is it "take it to the shop" time?
Here you go gentlemen.

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

16 May 2019

Fucking Zappa, always way ahead of his time.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
16 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
16 May 2019

Intriguing.

Here you go gentlemen.

Maybe, I was thinking more in terms of functions that help when the chain comes off or you need to realign the steering. I'll keep it in mind though. :D

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 May 2019

diminished wrote:
15 May 2019

Found this (18min30sec). Is this a bug? With "thru = on", the velocity isn't changing at all if my ears are right.
No it's not a bug, it was a mistake in the video because I wasn't paying enough attention - all the more reason for me to do a series of bite-size videos.

What actually happens is that the Thru button is overridden by the override, so because override is on at that point, then it will default to that. I missed it at the time of doing the video, partially because of the setup I'm doing the videos on, which is far from ideal. This is being investigated right now, and the videos should improve when we get a better set-up in place, along with more experience of doing it.

diminished wrote:
15 May 2019
I just love this device. It's the perfect songwriting companion, helps to transfer your musical sound palette to all your different instruments and it's exactly what I need to store my ideas that came from the Isla Instruments Kordbot in Reason.
Also, if you're a shitty keyboard player like I am and have trouble remembering and replicating the chords you played while toying around: have it in quick learn mode and enjoy going back and forth through the bank to come up with unique chord progressions..
To me this RE is the best thing that has happened to reason since the introduction of audio.
Thanks, it's always nice to hear good feedback, and I'm glad that people are actually getting good usage out of it. Keep an eye out for the tips'n'tricks videos when they come out because there are some really cool ways of getting new ideas that aren't that obvious at first. Hopefully, these will start appearing in tomorrow, or early next week. :)

Cheers

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 May 2019

emasters

17 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
17 May 2019
...and the bundle is live!!!

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/bun ... ker-suite/
Would have been nice if it was available when released - having purchased all three independently already...

eusti

17 May 2019

emasters wrote:
17 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
17 May 2019

Would have been nice if it was available when released - having purchased all three independently already...
Definitely true, but the bundle had been mentioned here pretty early on. :/

D.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 May 2019

emasters wrote:
17 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
17 May 2019

This was always the intention, but sadly there was a mix up at our end. There's not much we can do now due to the nature of the shop model, so please accept our apologies.

diminished
Competition Winner

17 May 2019

emasters wrote:
17 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
17 May 2019

That's annoying for sure, sorry to hear. But if it eases your troubles, let me just say that you've given a bit of extra money to a new, acitve, motivated and talented developer who made some pretty cool REs! (And no Brian I won't lick your boots, lol.)

VariableX

17 May 2019

I am going to have to download the bundle and have a play. I really have no idea what these devices do, I can't get through the videos ( sorry they are so boring i lose interest before they even really get going )
A quick demo of some fun stuff straight up, that piques your interest would be much better in my opinion, then go into the nuts and bolts of it.

Even reading on the description on the prop shop has me scratching my head a bit. This is all my fault i'm not having a go, just have the attention span of a knat!

However, what little grasp I have of what chord bank does if it can help my find and play jazzy chords and then work out bass and lead id be stoked.

I am gonna find out with a trial...

But in my opinion the videos haven't done this device(s) any favours. Check out the new Robotic Bean Sequencer video ... that was exciting!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

18 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
17 May 2019
I am going to have to download the bundle and have a play. I really have no idea what these devices do, I can't get through the videos ( sorry they are so boring i lose interest before they even really get going )
A quick demo of some fun stuff straight up, that piques your interest would be much better in my opinion, then go into the nuts and bolts of it.

Even reading on the description on the prop shop has me scratching my head a bit. This is all my fault i'm not having a go, just have the attention span of a knat!

However, what little grasp I have of what chord bank does if it can help my find and play jazzy chords and then work out bass and lead id be stoked.

I am gonna find out with a trial...

But in my opinion the videos haven't done this device(s) any favours. Check out the new Robotic Bean Sequencer video ... that was exciting!
This is absolutely fair comment IMHO :)

The purpose of the videos wasn't to sell the devices, but to give a visual aid to the pdf manuals.

The Robotic Bean video is as much a sales pitch as it is instructional, and this is mainly because Robotic Bean is a fully-fledged company with time and resources. This isn't yet the case with Enlightenspeed, so as much as I'd love to sell a couple of thousand units a year, that is not the intention at this stage, the idea is just to start building a reputation for decent products and hopefully, the market will bloom at some point along the way. The idea behind our plugins is not to be "all singing, all dancing", we take the idea of doing something small, and aim to do it well. Very well. In fact, Chordbank already has a few features that we know for a fact doesn't exist in Reason/Rack Extension format, and a couple that we know of no VST equivalent either, even among the pricey high-end solutions. So I feel that we're on the right path, but building a large robust code base takes a long time; look at Reason, today it is arguably the strongest DAW in the world with few flaws and an ever-growing userbase, but it still has a feature request list a mile long and building it has taken over twenty years so far. I'm inclined to be patient and do things right - I've been a Propellerhead user for most of their existence, and I agree with how they do things. So, I'm building good Rack Extensions, but I'm not really selling them yet, there is a larger long-term goal in mind.

All that said, I'm going to be sticking up a nice set of slightly more "exciting" videos that really show the Loopcracker devices in more action-packed situations over the next week or so, so keep an eye out, and you should see some stuff that will take your fancy. Keep in mind the basic format of the vids won't change at all, it'll still be my monotone Scottish accent and a single Reason rack, but the plugins will be doing much cooler stuff. Fancy pants video editing will come later.

Thanks for giving me a good opportunity to point all this out.

Cheers and have a good weekend,
Brian

emasters

18 May 2019

diminished wrote:
17 May 2019
emasters wrote:
17 May 2019

That's annoying for sure, sorry to hear. But if it eases your troubles, let me just say that you've given a bit of extra money to a new, acitve, motivated and talented developer who made some pretty cool REs! (And no Brian I won't lick your boots, lol.)
Nicely stated - good to consider the positive :puf_smile:

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

21 May 2019

Hi folks,

just to update you that the next video tutorial will appear tomorrow. Unfortunately I’d been struck down with flu over the weekend and everything was just impossible, even today I was unable to get much momentum going. However things will turn up tomorrow, I promise.

Cheers,
Brian

VariableX

22 May 2019

Looking forward to it! Thanks for your measured reply to my previous post, i'm glad you knew I wasn't criticising your product. Im from Scotland too btw so don't tell me your team cos if its the wrong one .... 😜

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
22 May 2019
Looking forward to it! Thanks for your measured reply to my previous post, i'm glad you knew I wasn't criticising your product. Im from Scotland too btw so don't tell me your team cos if its the wrong one .... 😜
EnlightenSpeed Young Team Ya Bas!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

22 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
22 May 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
22 May 2019
haha ... square go? ( although i couldnae box eggs 😂)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
22 May 2019
MrFigg wrote:
22 May 2019

haha ... square go? ( although i couldnae box eggs 😂)
😂😂😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information