Spicy wings, how spicy?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
reggie1979

15 May 2019

Yeah, I'm bored.

How spicy do you like them (or not) ? I like mine as spicy as possible. We have "wing stop" which is, ok spicy. Honestly I don't think they are any spicier than Domino's :lol:

rgdaniel

15 May 2019

Somewhere between "medium" and "suicide" on the spectrum...

reggie1979

15 May 2019

Wide spectrum! BTW, where are you that you can get "suicide" as the wing stop model's spiciest are, not challenging.

BTW, I love ranch with my wings, sue me!

reasonsuser88

15 May 2019

I like the Blazin' wings from Buffalo Wild Wings. There are plenty of YouTube video reviews but I make sure I have the night off from work. Emergency medical response is part of my job duties and I wouldn't want to be stuck in the restroom.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

reggie1979

15 May 2019

:lol:

I have one of those, I think I'll try them.

aeox
Competition Winner

15 May 2019

Around 10,000 scoville heat units is my ideal heat. Just enough to enjoy it but nothing too crazy.

I use to think I really liked super hot stuff, until I tried 16 million SHU sauce.. nope. I was humbled.

For some perspective, those blazin wings are only 200,000-350,000 SHU

reasonsuser88

15 May 2019

aeox wrote:
15 May 2019
Wings are slathered with sauce though! Does more volume increase the intensity? I dunno.

I've kept a bottle of Ultra Death Sauce in my kitchen for over a year now. I'll put a small dab on the plate and I'm still able to enjoy my food. I wouldn't want a whole chicken wing covered with something of this intensity. Supposedly it is 800k units and I wouldn't be interested in trying something hotter in a normal setting.
ultradeathsauce.jpg
ultradeathsauce.jpg (28.16 KiB) Viewed 1275 times

aeox
Competition Winner

15 May 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
15 May 2019
aeox wrote:
15 May 2019
Wings are slathered with sauce though! Does more volume increase the intensity? I dunno.

I've kept a bottle of Ultra Death Sauce in my kitchen for over a year now. I'll put a small dab on the plate and I'm still able to enjoy my food. I wouldn't want a whole chicken wing covered with something of this intensity. Supposedly it is 800k units and I wouldn't be interested in trying something hotter in a normal setting.

ultradeathsauce.jpg
I don't think it makes it "hotter" techically, but 200-350k SHU is still insanely hot no matter how you approach it. The more you eat, the more regret! Just like with any really hot stuff

Unfortunately I've only tried the 16 million SCU extract, so I can't compare to anything else, and it wasn't a small dab. It was part of a burger challenge at a place called "killer burger" they slathered the stuff all over the burger!

reasonsuser88

15 May 2019

aeox wrote:
15 May 2019
Unfortunately I've only tried the 16 million SCU extract, so I can't compare to anything else, and it wasn't a small dab. It was part of a burger challenge at a place called "killer burger" they slathered the stuff all over the burger!
I can't even imagine doing that. Maybe if I had a few beers at the joint which I'm not doing anymore. All that hot challenge stuff is good for social outings and building memories with people. Otherwise you'd be demented to be sitting at home alone eating that. :lol:

aeox
Competition Winner

16 May 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
15 May 2019
aeox wrote:
15 May 2019
I can't even imagine doing that. Maybe if I had a few beers at the joint which I'm not doing anymore. All that hot challenge stuff is good for social outings and building memories with people. Otherwise you'd be demented to be sitting at home alone eating that. :lol:
That's why I've settled on around 10,000 SHU :thumbs_up: Perfect amount of heat for enjoyment, rather than torture :D

There are plenty of people who sit around by themselves eating really hot stuff at home, but they record it and put it on youtube :lol:

reggie1979

16 May 2019

You guys are FAR more pro than I am. I just measure spicy as, well, spicy!

We have a Mexican place fairly near here where their red sauce is good for two things: Dipping chips or scraping barnacles off of ships! :lol:

Seriously, it takes a lot to get me teary eyed.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 May 2019

A long time ago a friend and I made a Thai fish curry which we were literally nearly crying eating. His gran asked for a taste and got a bowl. Not one complaint and asked for seconds.
There’s an Indian restaurant in Stockholm which does a dish called Lamb Pal. Every serving has 4 habaneros through it. Totally magic :).
But I’m off topic now. This was supposed to be about chicken wings.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reasonsuser88

16 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
16 May 2019
A long time ago a friend and I made a Thai fish curry which we were literally nearly crying eating. His gran asked for a taste and got a bowl. Not one complaint and asked for seconds.
There’s an Indian restaurant in Stockholm which does a dish called Lamb Pal. Every serving has 4 habaneros through it. Totally magic :).
Curry is probably my favorite food. I have Indian blood in me actually.

I found a world curry place in my city that serves phaal and I'd like to try it. I need to be in the right state of mind though. Maybe when I'm ready to quit tobacco I'll get some.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 May 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
16 May 2019
MrFigg wrote:
16 May 2019
Curry is probably my favorite food. I have Indian blood in me actually.

I found a world curry place in my city that serves phaal and I'd like to try it. I need to be in the right state of mind though. Maybe when I'm ready to quit tobacco I'll get some.
When I lived in Glasgow it was really easy to get ingredients due to the large Indian community. When I moved to the sticks in Sweden I couldn’t find anything. 6 months ago I found a mail order place in Malmö who send stuff up north to me. Last week I got 13 jars of different types of Pataks paste and a big can of ghee. Fresh coriander I can get from a Thai shop here and chapatis and parathas I can fix myself. Set :). I got told they started selling paneer up here as well. Otherwise it works with Haloumi I guess.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

16 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
15 May 2019
Yeah, I'm bored.

How spicy do you like them (or not) ? I like mine as spicy as possible. We have "wing stop" which is, ok spicy. Honestly I don't think they are any spicier than Domino's :lol:
I love the most hottest sauces ever and i love the hottest currys however my asshole doesn't like it 😭😭😭

Biolumin3sc3nt

16 May 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
16 May 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
15 May 2019
Yeah, I'm bored.

I love the most hottest sauces ever and i love the hottest currys however my asshole doesn't like it 😭😭😭
The ole ring of fire. I like a few suicide sauces for the wings, but most are just Capcasin extract with pungent flavor. I'd rather just use a few Ghost Peppers in my Curry/ or Thai Basil Chicken. I typically like to be at home for the rest of the night tho.

sleep1979

16 May 2019

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
16 May 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
16 May 2019

The ole ring of fire. I like a few suicide sauces for the wings, but most are just Capcasin extract with pungent flavor. I'd rather just use a few Ghost Peppers in my Curry/ or Thai Basil Chicken. I typically like to be at home for the rest of the night tho.
Yeah and it gives me gut cramps and puts me on the toilet all day coz its too delicious (spice) and ill eat too much and nothing burns my tongue i’m immune i just wish my gut and asshole was immune 😂

Biolumin3sc3nt

16 May 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
16 May 2019
Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
16 May 2019

Yeah and it gives me gut cramps and puts me on the toilet all day coz its too delicious (spice) and ill eat too much and nothing burns my tongue i’m immune i just wish my gut and asshole was immune 😂

Exactly. And if You are going to do a true hot challenge in public, make sure you have that escape route back home lol

sleep1979

16 May 2019

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
16 May 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
16 May 2019

Exactly. And if You are going to do a true hot challenge in public, make sure you have that escape route back home lol
just wear a giant nappy ( diaper ) it will save time :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 May 2019

I know a guy who ate a harikiri Korv (worlds hottest hotdog they say...see video) sold in Gamla Stan in Stockholm. He actually ended up in hospital. True story.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

16 May 2019

How bout that new spicy hot fried chicken from the southern US that's all the rage these days. I've not tried it but born and raised in the south, I do know that southern hot ain't the same thang as Mexican or Indian hot.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Biolumin3sc3nt

16 May 2019

There's also a You Tube Channel called "First we Feast". Basically hot chicken wings with american celebs seeing if they can make it to the end. Dunno If You guys knew. Somewhat entertaining.

w1pl0c

16 May 2019

PIIICEYYYYYYYY

Biolumin3sc3nt

16 May 2019

Steve-O was funny, but this dude is a boss

reggie1979

16 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
16 May 2019

No no, let's just include all spicy food!

• Information