New Sub Harmonic Generator

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
sonicbyte

15 May 2019

A new RE from LabOne

I need to try this :puf_smile:

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... generator/
Last edited by sonicbyte on 15 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium

15 May 2019

I believe this one has been out for a while, it's just been bumped in the list due to a version update.

Anyone who's tried it, how does this compare to other bass enhancer VSTs and REs on the market?
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

sonicbyte

15 May 2019

Oh well, I miss this if is an old release :P

antic604

15 May 2019

It even has the same color like the one released by Waves just yesterday :D

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

15 May 2019

I have this one. It's not something I use all the time, but it's been useful in a couple of tracks. Can work nicely when I want to add some low growl to a bass sound. On some sounds it can really add character and fulness.
I remember also trying out turn2on´s sub colour RE, but I preferred the one from Lab One.
The video in the Prop Shop doesn't do it justice imo, since they use it on a guitar loop. Doesn't really make sense to me. It's not how I would ever use it.

antic604

15 May 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
15 May 2019
The video in the Prop Shop doesn't do it justice imo, since they use it on a guitar loop. Doesn't really make sense to me. It's not how I would ever use it.
Well, actually I was very surprised it could detect and correctly amplify / synthesize proper bass for that sample, so I guess it proves that it works well. I mean it's easy to add bass to bassline or kick drum :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

15 May 2019

antic604 wrote:
15 May 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
15 May 2019
Well, actually I was very surprised it could detect and correctly amplify / synthesize proper bass for that sample, so I guess it proves that it works well. I mean it's easy to add bass to bassline or kick drum :)
I guess it shows its technical abilities in the video. So fair enough in that regard. But lets just say the sound example didn't exactly convince me to buy it. It was from trying it out myself to see where it excelled. In most cases I don't even try a product unless the demos actually sound good. I guess I was lucky to make an exception with this one.

"I mean it's easy to add bass to bassline or kick drum"
That might be true, but I'm not sure you'd end up with the same result though, at least not by boosting with an EQ. Maybe if you make a copy of the original sound and pitch everything down an octave and use filters and stuff.
I don't know. I haven't investigated the different possibilities enough to be honest.

Anyway. Like i said it's on bass sounds that I've found it useful myself. Maybe someone else has a different experience.

• Information