Random Velocity/Note/Octave & Note To Track

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
michael.jaye

14 May 2019

I have some questions:

1) I have a synth hooked up to an RPG-8, with the Arp Mode on "Random". This is randomising the pitch of the notes. Is there any way to have the RPG-8 arp mode also control a device's velocity?
The closest I've come to a working solution is putting it into a combinator and have the Arp control the Master Level, which doesn't seem to affect the whole 0-127 range .

2) Also, is there a way to record the Arp MIDI data to sequencer? I seem to remember that we could do this with Players?

3) Is there a device (or method) that can apply random octave changes to played and/or recorded note data? I want just occasional notes shifted up or down an octave(s).

4) Is there a device (or method) that can mute or omit random notes? My current work around is to randomise velocity in the sequencer, then apply the SSL gate to cut out lower velocity notes.

Many thanks.

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

15 May 2019

I’m using Kompulsion to do all of these. You may want to check it out.

michael.jaye

15 May 2019

Timmy Crowne wrote:
15 May 2019
I’m using Kompulsion to do all of these. You may want to check it out.
Cool, I have Kompulsion and hadn't had a chance to learn it's functions yet. I think it's more of curiosity as to why none of my attempts at the original problem were working.

• Information