Enlightenspeed plugins have hit the shop!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

10 May 2019

Boombastix wrote:
10 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
10 May 2019
Hopefully, the manual shall be done by close of business UK time today.
Chordbank is a device to learn a 100%. May even be the best RE of 2019 - - - already! :ugeek:
You're too kind :)

Manual will be up in some form or another tomorrow morning. We might need to distribute it as a Dropbox link for now, as there are issues preventing it from getting up on to the Propellerheads site itself right now.

Unfortunately, doing it as a bundle deal will also need to wait until after the weekend - not been given any ETA yet on this, but we're not aware of any issues causing this other than that this is a busy time for Propellerhead. It will almost definitely be available before people run out of trial time, though. We're hoping Monday but can't guarantee anything.

This is our first time going through the processes with Propellerhead, and thus we're learning where all the little kinks and bottlenecks are as we go right now. Please accept our apologies on this.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 May 2019

Boombastix wrote:
10 May 2019

Chordbank is a device to learn a 100%. May even be the best RE of 2019 - - - already! :ugeek:
Gotta agree
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

FLVZ

10 May 2019

During beta testing I found note alter useful for sending note data strictly in the rack without any action in the sequencer. Never actually got the time to understand what was happening under the hood. I think I'll pick up note alter to marry psq and continue with my modular excursions with players :D

MarkTarlton

10 May 2019

chordbank is pretty cool! the patches are fun too :)

w1pl0c

10 May 2019

Im playing around with Autotheory in combo with this. If anybody else has any success with that, please chime in.

Bes
Competition Winner

10 May 2019

w1pl0c wrote:
10 May 2019
Im playing around with Autotheory in combo with this. If anybody else has any success with that, please chime in.
works fine if you send the Autotheory chords to a CVPT that sits atop the chordbank
- Certified Reason expert

ShawnG

10 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 May 2019
Boombastix wrote:
09 May 2019

Not sure if it was ever lifted or not, but happened with the UK Mad Cow thingy.
Well, according to my wife, who has cousins in New Jersey, and is therefore an expert on the subject who shall not tolerate her views being questioned, 1971 was when it was banned, putting about 20 years before the BSE scare. Other stuff certainly got banned at that point in the US, but I'll leave you to your own research as it is time for me to call it a day :)
Haggis cannot be imported from the UK to the US, the banned ingredient being sheep’s lung. I have seen Haggis served here (theres a Celtic festival I attend every year that has it) but I suppose it has to be made here from ‘murican meat sources, and with the sheep’s lung ingredient left off. Learn something new every day, had no idea it was actually banned.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

11 May 2019

w1pl0c wrote:
10 May 2019
w1pl0c wrote:
10 May 2019
Good morning 😊

There’s multiple ways to get this done, but they all involve a separate device at the input stage. The vanilla version of CV input was left out in favour of including something more exotic later.

It is however present on both Note Filter and Note Alter so you can put one of those in the chain or alternatively you can put the Player Stack in a Combinator and route AutoTheory to the CV Input.

Thanks

graeme75

11 May 2019

Hi

How can I get sus2 and sus4 chords into chordbank with scales and chords player above it? Is it possible or is there a better method?

Cheers
Graeme

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

11 May 2019

graeme75 wrote:
11 May 2019
Hi

How can I get sus2 and sus4 chords into chordbank with scales and chords player above it? Is it possible or is there a better method?

Cheers
Graeme
The simplest way is if you find the correct sus2 and sus4 chords in S&C first and then just input them and hit Store. Is there something else you are asking here?

Chordbank doesn’t have any onboard theory stuff yet, and won’t do until we are confident that we can make it more intuitively than what is already there with S&C; this is no small challenge, but there’s an idea of how to do it, but no dev work in place yet.

graeme75

11 May 2019

Cheers. I don’t think it’s possible to enter sus2 and sus4 chords in scales and chords. Maybe use autotheory with chordbank?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

11 May 2019

graeme75 wrote:
11 May 2019
Cheers. I don’t think it’s possible to enter sus2 and sus4 chords in scales and chords. Maybe use autotheory with chordbank?
You can go about it that way, yeah, if you need to. I'm surprised that you can't get it in Scales and Chords actually, although it might be there as one of the "?" chords that comes up?

Let me know if you have any issues with getting it from AutoTheory.

Many thanks

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

11 May 2019

Apologies for the wait with this folks.

This link will be removed once the PropShop approves the uploaded documents, which we would expect (but not guarantee) to be available before the end of the week.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbaih7te368di ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

14 May 2019

Hi folks,

It has came to our attention that the audio in the Chordbank tutorials is a bit clippy, and because it was rushed through it is quite difficult to understand the accent (which is Scottish for those interested; a few people had guessed Danish :) - given where they both are on the map though and the amount of shared heritage and genetics, it's not that unreasonable to suggest that they might be similar, I suppose).

We have decided to redo it, as after inspecting the original audio and deeming it more problematic to save it. We're also going to do it in two lengthier parts. It was rushed originally in order to get it done for release time. The accent will stay the same, but the speech will be a bit slower :)

We'll hopefully have both parts available within 24 hours.

Apologies for any inconvenience or confusion that this may have caused.

Kind regards,
Enlightenspeed

graeme75

14 May 2019

Hi Brian

The more vids the better!!! Are you releasing all 3 as a bundle or all seperate purchases?

Cheers
Graeme

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

14 May 2019

graeme75 wrote:
14 May 2019
Hi Brian

The more vids the better!!! Are you releasing all 3 as a bundle or all seperate purchases?

Cheers
Graeme
Hi Graeme,

They were always meant to have been available as a bundle, so that you could get all 3 for the price of Chordbank alone.
Propellerhead are very busy right now though, so it may be further delayed, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't available by the end of the week.

Regarding the videos, there is a lot more to come, once the Chordbank videos are redone there are another 5 (or more!) on the way not long after that, showing some of the less obvious tricks you can achieve with them.

Kind regards,
Enlightenspeed

graeme75

14 May 2019

Excellent, cheers.

Jackjackdaw

14 May 2019

Just bought note filter. Looks like the perfect tool for controlling probability of individual notes coming from Beatstep Pro sequences.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

14 May 2019

Flavolous wrote:
10 May 2019
During beta testing I found note alter useful for sending note data strictly in the rack without any action in the sequencer. Never actually got the time to understand what was happening under the hood. I think I'll pick up note alter to marry psq and continue with my modular excursions with players :D
I haven't actually tried PSQ yet, but I'll investigate and see what goodies I can come up with from it. Don't know if it'll get a tips'n'tricks video though, it would need to make some sort of workflow possible, you never know though.

Regarding what happens "under the hood" - a note comes in, it has a note number and a velocity, Note Alter changes them based on probability i.e. if the randomizer says 'yes' which it will do 'x' percent of the time depending on the setting. That's pretty much it, the rest of the controls are just parameters for shaping and/or fine-tuning that process.

Jackjackdaw

14 May 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
14 May 2019
Just bought note filter. Looks like the perfect tool for controlling probability of individual notes coming from Beatstep Pro sequences.
Okay, turns out it doesn't work as I expected. The note range function I dialled down to one note expecting the probability to only effect that note while the others played free. However it filtered out all the other notes completely and then applied the probability! Oh well, it's still cool and I will def have some use for it.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

14 May 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
14 May 2019
Jackjackdaw wrote:
14 May 2019
Okay, turns out it doesn't work as I expected. The note range function I dialled down to one note expecting the probability to only effect that note while the others played free. However it filtered out all the other notes completely and then applied the probability! Oh well, it's still cool and I will def have some use for it.
So let me get this straight, you want it to only filter by probability if the notes themselves are within a certain range?

Crumbfort

14 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
14 May 2019
Jackjackdaw wrote:
14 May 2019

So let me get this straight, you want it to only filter by probability if the notes themselves are within a certain range?
Yessss +1 this would be a great option!
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

14 May 2019

Crumbfort wrote:
14 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
14 May 2019

Yessss +1 this would be a great option!
Ok, consider it added to the feature request list. I can't give much of a time frame right now, as there is still so much to do elsewhere. But it'll happen :)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

15 May 2019

Hey folks, a new video has been posted up on YouTube for Chordbank, with better audio quality. We'll return to this later and do a more focused bite-sized version as a lot of people are struggling with the CHordbank basics apparently. Let me know how this one feels, in terms of how the info is presented.

https://youtu.be/8k47lM-oQnc

Many thanks

eusti

15 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
15 May 2019
Hey folks, a new video has been posted up on YouTube for Chordbank, with better audio quality. We'll return to this later and do a more focused bite-sized version as a lot of people are struggling with the CHordbank basics apparently. Let me know how this one feels, in terms of how the info is presented.

https://youtu.be/8k47lM-oQnc

Many thanks
Turn on the captions for a little bit of extra fun! ;)

D.

• Information