Rick Beato's youtube channel

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
challism

10 May 2019

I love this channel. One of the video series Rick has on his channel is "what makes this song great" where he breaks down some of his favorite songs. I have learned a lot watching Rick break down some of these classic rock songs. Just thought I would share with you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJquYO ... KTfH9aMA9Q
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

miscend

10 May 2019

Yeah I occasionally watch his videos. He has trained his son to have perfect pitch, if you play the kid a note or a chord, he will tell you what note it is without referring to a keyboard. He says you can only teach young children perfect pitch not adults.

WongoTheSane

10 May 2019

I wish he would do more advanced composition stuff, but he did a poll last week and "what makes this song great" made it to the first place of what viewers want. Compo only did second. So, plenty more WMTSG to come! (except blockers obviously - love his rants about that).

reggie1979

10 May 2019

It's a youtube channel, it's designed to make money.

It's ok, I ho out a look now and then.

challism

11 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
10 May 2019
It's a youtube channel, it's designed to make money.

It's ok, I ho out a look now and then.
Beato's videos/channel are non-monetized. He does have a book he tries to sell (looks great) and a premium membership, etc, but he isn't making anything off youtube, itself.

@Wongo, yeah, I love his rants about the blockers. Mostly old timers who don't understand how things have changed. Also those old timers have plenty of money, they should chill out a bit.

reggie1979

11 May 2019

Really? I thought all that youtube stuff was about money. Sorry, didn't know.

challism

13 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
11 May 2019
Really? I thought all that youtube stuff was about money. Sorry, didn't know.
Yeah, some channels aren't monetized. Content creators can opt in or out of monetization. You can't monetize videos that have certain things in them.

I enjoyed this new upload by Rick. "Quantizing John Bonham is sacrilegious" hahaha

• Information