Enlightenspeed plugins have hit the shop!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EpiGenetik

09 May 2019

Hey folks,

The debut offerings from Enlightenspeed (which were beta'd on here a while back), have now hit the PropShop.

There are three different RE's available just now, and they are all Players. I was heavily involved during the beta period, and I happen to know that these are going to be bundled pretty soon, so you might want to hold off on purchasing for a day or two if you like them; not sure why the delay is, but it's probably safe to assume that the PropShop is busy with the Rigs stuff.

sooo.... the first one is Note Filter -

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... te-filter/

The Loopcracker Suite - Part 1

Note Filter is a very simple yet very powerful line processor for incoming MIDI notes and velocities. It does exactly what it says on the tin really, it filters notes!

The notes and velocities can be filtered as one or separately as required.

This player is a perfect addition to any big name Player devices such as Propellerhead's Drum Sequencer; but CV inputs allow this powerful process to be added to the Matrix, the RPG-8 and of course, the main sequencer. You can create precise and polite fills, create simpler less busy variations, or perhaps just knock out a couple of notes in a range (or an inverted range). As with any Player device, when using the Direct Record feature of the Players stack, you can also record notes back to the sequencer.
Product details

Probability - Effectively acts as a dry/wet control, with higher values removing more note events

Note Range

On/Off - Activates changes to notes.

Lower Note - Only notes above this value are affected.

Upper Note - Only notes below this value are affected.

Invert - Inverts the note range knobs so that values outside of the set range are affected.

Velocity Range

All the same controls as the Note Range, but targeting velocities.

CV Connections

All controls can be accessed via CV including Note and Gate inputs.

===================

I'll do the next two in separate posts, same thread

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Are there any user manuals?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EpiGenetik

09 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
09 May 2019
I'll try and find out

Loque

09 May 2019

Here you can find all the rest:
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/bro ... peed%20Ltd

Tutorials and manuals will come i guess...
Reason12, Win10

EpiGenetik

09 May 2019

...and lastly, the one with the most muscle... Chordbank

The Loopcracker Suite - Part 3

Chordbank is a utility Player device designed to extend the capabilities of the existing Players which come as standard with Reason. Chordbank allows you to build up complex banks of 24 chords and scales in any key, with each chord then automatically converting itself to a full-sized scale of the chord notes.

Using the elegant "Quick Learn" function will allow you to set up hugely complex arrangement possibilities, quite literally in seconds, with as little Qwerty/GUI interaction as possible - in fact, almost all functionality is available via the MIDI controller keyboard.

Unique to the RE format is the ability to store the individual velocities to be replayed - we haven't found any "chord theory" type devices in any other plugin formats that can do this, actually (out of curiosity, if you know of any please tell us). The ability to store chords with a preset velocity, or to trigger the velocity as per the input MIDI are also present. All notes and velocities are available for editing in the bank, of course.

Also unique to the RE format (and again probably everywhere else :) ) are the flexible options for triggering chords and scale notes. Each patch can hold a maximum of 24 chords and their matched scales, but these can be reassigned. So if you want the chords in banks 10, 17 and 19 to link to the scale held by bank 7, while chord 7 is linked to scale 1, it can be done and is quick and easy to set up. In fact, every action in Chordbank has been designed to require the minimal number of user gestures for set-up.

There is a scale only mode which maps scales to their relative positions on the MIDI keys, but the Chord modes operate on a one-key-per-note basis, meaning there are no redundant keys, and so jamming around with little knowledge of music theory is more intuitive and REALLY good fun.
Product details
Modes

Input - Play MIDI in to store chords and automatically create scales. These can also be "edited in" via the display if absolutely necessary.

Chords & Scales Linked - This output mode holds chords on C1-B2 with C3 and above playing the scale as per the most recently triggered chord.

Scales Only - This output mode maps the scale in the same way that it is done in many other devices including Propellerheads own Scales and Chords. Remixing and reworking older project files may suit this mapping type better.

Chords & Scales Split - This output mode holds chords on C1-B2 with C3 and above playing the scale which is currently in focus.

Quick Learn - Controls the input mode to allow fast entry of chords and scales. Makes it possible to take data from existing patches in devices such as Scales and Chords extremely quickly. Improves usability when pasting or randomizing chords.

Mute Chord Triggering - Allows changing scales from the MIDI keyboard without triggering the underlying chord.

Range Split C3 & Above - Not all scales are the same size, and the number of notes used over 127 MIDI note numbers can vary from 10 through to 88. This function optimizes the patches globally.
Flexible Velocity Handling

As Stored - Outputs note velocities according to the individual bank.

Through - Outputs note velocities according to the MIDI input.

Override - Outputs note velocities according to a preset value. This value is Remoteable, automatable and controllable via CV. The whole device can thus be used just to control input velocities if so desired.
Operations

Random - Generates a random chord, using an intelligent algorithm which produces slightly more "middle" notes than extreme highs and lows.

Random Size - Controls the number of random notes produced.

Copy/Paste - Not sure what these do, actually. :D

Clear - Resets any individual bank. Also available for individual notes in the editing display.

Individual Note & Velocity editing - Allows tweaking of individual notes and velocities in the patch.

Store Button - A requirement for patch and document storage, which will illuminate in an obtrusive bright red to alert the user when it needs to be clicked.
Global Transpose

6-octave transposition range - 3 up, 3 down
Pad Triggering

There are 24 pads on the front panel with appropriately large hit boundaries, so if you don't have a MIDI keyboard then you can still jam along easily.
Scale Assignment

Each chord has the ability to be linked with a scale other than it's own.
CV Connections

Standard Note/Gate Triggering - Connect a Matrix or similar for triggering outputs as per the mode.

Velocity Override - Standard CV control of the Velocity Override function.

Chordbank Scale Chain - Allows direct syncing of two or more separate Chordbank devices so that they can change scales at the same time from a single gesture. This assists more adventurous Player chains greatly and in particular where there is a degree of randomization introduced in realtime by another player, such as Note Alter.
Patches

All reasonably requestable "Western" compatible scales i.e. equal temperament, are included (42 in total), with each available in two formats, one with each chord holding its own scale and one with all chords set to the underlying scale. Combined with Global Transpose, this allows for over 500 basic sets in each format. A small batch of song patches and utilities are also included.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
09 May 2019
Should be done within the next 24 hours. :puf_smile:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 May 2019
MrFigg wrote:
09 May 2019
Should be done within the next 24 hours. :puf_smile:
Excellent. Watched the video and it sounds like you’re from Glasgow, same as me. Still couldn’t understand a thing ha ha. Been in Sweden too long maybe :).
That chord player RE is totally magic by the way. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 May 2019

Hahaha,

What part of Ol' Weegie were you from then?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
09 May 2019
Excellent. Watched the video and it sounds like you’re from Glasgow, same as me. Still couldn’t understand a thing ha ha. Been in Sweden too long maybe :).
That chord player RE is totally magic by the way. :).
[/quote]

This is very important!
Historians have figured out that haggis came to Scotland with the Vikings. You can buy it in Sweden under the name of Pölsa. However, I think Scottish haggis is still banned here in the US and nobody imports Pölsa, sooo...
(How's that for a digress, lol :lol: )
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Boombastix wrote:
09 May 2019

This is very important!
Historians have figured out that haggis came to Scotland with the Vikings. You can buy it in Sweden under the name of Pölsa. However, I think Scottish haggis is still banned here in the US and nobody imports Pölsa, sooo...
Haggis is much drier and peppery than pölsa. Much better if you ask me. Funnily enough tjeres a butchers in Stockholm that makes Haggis to order. A gang of Swedes here usually have a Burns Supper every year and order 40kg :). I usually get invited to recite Scots Poetry in broad Doric dialect. :)
The variety of neeps or turnip that we usually eat with haggis are known as Swedes in Scotland. So there you go. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 May 2019
Hahaha,

The best end...the West End :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Crumbfort

09 May 2019

Haven't read up on ChordBank yet, but Note Filter/Note Alter look ace. Definitely picking those two up!
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Kind of wish I hadn’t bought Retouch Control’s chordset and noteset now. But I guess life is too short for regrets. Accept it and move on.
Enlightenspeed new REs rock!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 May 2019

Boombastix wrote:
09 May 2019
This is very important!
Why is haggis banned in the US?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 May 2019
Boombastix wrote:
09 May 2019
This is very important!
I’m betting on health, safety and cleanliness. Haggis made in Sweden doesn’t taste the same. You kinda miss the sawdust off of the butchers floor. Other countries just don’t do mankiness.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
09 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 May 2019
Hahaha,

The best end...the West End :).
Cool, I love most of the West End. Live in Paisley now though, away from all the noise of the city :)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
09 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 May 2019

I’m betting on health, safety and cleanliness. Haggis made in Sweden doesn’t taste the same. You kinda miss the sawdust off of the butchers floor. Other countries just don’t do mankiness.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 May 2019

Crumbfort wrote:
09 May 2019
Haven't read up on ChordBank yet, but Note Filter/Note Alter look ace. Definitely picking those two up!
If you struggle at all with the Chordbank video due to my accent, do not worry, the manual will be available soon :)

The Chordbank video also had to be done very quickly because of the YouTube time limits, so you may notice my dialect speeding up as it gets closer to the end. One of the early takes I started off sounding like Barry White and at the end I was more akin to Mickey Mouse :D

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
09 May 2019
Kind of wish I hadn’t bought Retouch Control’s chordset and noteset now. But I guess life is too short for regrets. Accept it and move on.
No need to despair regarding older plugs actually :)

This is an excerpt from the manual regarding transfer of data from older devices to Chordbank.

Code: Select all

[b]Using Quick Learn[/b]

The above method suits a lot of work flows, but a primary design goal of Chordbank
has always been to speed things up. A lot. 

Chordbank is also meant to be an addition to existing theory devices rather
than a replacement for them, and in fact was designed specifically to partner
Scales and Chords, which Propellerhead have included as part of the standard
bundle with all Player compatible versions of Reason. So, it was always going
to be the case that if you had Chordbank, you already had Scales and Chords. 
Quick Learn was one of the features which was implemented as a way of 
maximizing the relationship between Chordbank and existing devices.  

When Quick Learn is active, then each time a note of a chord is released the
Chord Focus is increased by 1, so that the bank is immediately ready for you
to put the next chord in. So, if you set up a Scales and Chords device, or other
working chords setup via third party Rack Extensions, and wish to transfer a
patch from that device, then you can quickly get the data from one device to
the other. In fact, with the general set-up already in place, the largest known
external bank takes slightly less than 3 seconds to transfer manually. 
Technically, it can be much faster, but most workflows are a small number
of seconds.  
Last edited by Enlightenspeed on 09 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 May 2019
Boombastix wrote:
09 May 2019
This is very important!
Not sure if it was ever lifted or not, but happened with the UK Mad Cow thingy.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 May 2019

Boombastix wrote:
09 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 May 2019

Not sure if it was ever lifted or not, but happened with the UK Mad Cow thingy.
Well, according to my wife, who has cousins in New Jersey, and is therefore an expert on the subject who shall not tolerate her views being questioned, 1971 was when it was banned, putting about 20 years before the BSE scare. Other stuff certainly got banned at that point in the US, but I'll leave you to your own research as it is time for me to call it a day :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 May 2019
MrFigg wrote:
09 May 2019

This is an excerpt from the manual regarding transfer of data from older devices to Chordbank.

[b]Using Quick Learn[/b]

The above method suits a lot of work flows, but a primary design goal of Chordbank

to put the next chord in. So, if you set up a Scales and Chords device, or other
of seconds.  
That is very, very nice.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

10 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
10 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 May 2019

[b]Using Quick Learn[/b]

of seconds.  
That is very, very nice.
Yup,

we thought so too :D

Hopefully, the manual shall be done by close of business UK time today.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
10 May 2019
MrFigg wrote:
10 May 2019

That is very, very nice.
Yup,

we thought so too :D

Look forward to it. Shame the Retouch REs are now shelved though...because Chordbank is the one I've been waiting for all this time. Oh well...technology :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

10 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
10 May 2019
Chordbank is a device to learn a 100%. May even be the best RE of 2019 - - - already! :ugeek:

• Information