Korg Volca Nubass: vacuum tube synthesizer

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?

Harmen

06 May 2019

Now that is cool !!!

Faastwalker

07 May 2019

I fear Superbooth this year is going to GAS me up so much I'm going to need 'new gear' rehab or something!! :shock:

BRIGGS

09 May 2019

r11s

OverneathTheSkyBridg

09 May 2019

This is probably their most gimmicky Volca. I'm not really hearing anything that the original Volca Bass couldnt do.

BRIGGS

09 May 2019

r11s

Faastwalker

09 May 2019

Sounds very 303 ......... and then some with the overdrive. Do we need another 303 sounding synth in 2019? Not personally. But this will no doubt be very affordable & appealing to those the want a bit more Acid in their lives. It does sound nice & beefy, especially with that sub osc.

joeyluck

09 May 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
09 May 2019
Sounds very 303 ......... and then some with the overdrive. Do we need another 303 sounding synth in 2019? Not personally. But this will no doubt be very affordable & appealing to those the want a bit more Acid in their lives. It does sound nice & beefy, especially with that sub osc.
I have the Volca Bass, which pays homage to the 303 by looks only (and some features). And I appreciate that this does a bit of the same with the features (like the addition of accent), but it overall still sounds like its own thing.

I'm pretty set with ABL3 for 303 emulation, and if it came to an analogue hardware emulation, there are already some really good ones out there to consider. So it's cool to see stuff that fills the same niche/genre while offering a sound a bit unique in comparison.

Marco Raaphorst

10 May 2019

It’s not using a vacuum tube but it’s a chip simulating vacuum tube processing

joeyluck

10 May 2019

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
10 May 2019
Here's more about Nutube tech:
https://korgnutube.com/en/

FAQ:
https://korgnutube.com/en/faq/
Nutube, similar to a conventional vacuum tube, has an anode grid filament structure, and operates exactly as a triode vacuum tube. Also similar to a vacuum tube, it creates the same characteristic rich overtones. By applying their vacuum fluorescent display technology, Noritake Itron Corp., a Noritake Co. Ltd affiliated company, have devised a structure which achieves substantial power saving, miniaturization, and quality improvements when compared with a conventional vacuum tube./

Marco Raaphorst

10 May 2019

joeyluck wrote:
10 May 2019
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
10 May 2019
Here's more about Nutube tech:
https://korgnutube.com/en/

FAQ:
https://korgnutube.com/en/faq/
Nutube, similar to a conventional vacuum tube, has an anode grid filament structure, and operates exactly as a triode vacuum tube. Also similar to a vacuum tube, it creates the same characteristic rich overtones. By applying their vacuum fluorescent display technology, Noritake Itron Corp., a Noritake Co. Ltd affiliated company, have devised a structure which achieves substantial power saving, miniaturization, and quality improvements when compared with a conventional vacuum tube./
thanks, my bad. looks like a chip, isn't a chip

O1B

10 May 2019

That BASS tone at 3:47. (Batts video). Sold. a whole lotta rectifying going on in that thing. Good Jesus.

I love my Aira TB-3 and I love it's architecture/modulation abilities.

But Volca has that Step Sequencer as well. It'll be some good 'Head-to-Head.'
The Volca line has stepped up! and... $200.

Pre-ordering is now OPEN.

• Information