Rigs v4 in the Shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
diminished
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
09 May 2019
If you upgrade from say synthetic rig 3 to synthetic rig 4, do you lose the re's that are in 3, but not 4? ie predatorRe?
no :)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Soeno

09 May 2019

no, you didn't loose anything

Reminiscence

09 May 2019

Can you crossgrade?

nique

09 May 2019

Another question, is the upgrade price the same for all owners of the respective "____" Rigs v1, v2, and v3? I may wait until a future versuon for more to be added into the rigs to make it worthwhile?

Zac

09 May 2019

nique wrote:
09 May 2019
Another question, is the upgrade price the same for all owners of the respective "____" Rigs v1, v2, and v3? I may wait until a future versuon for more to be added into the rigs to make it worthwhile?
Yes, I'm on v2 and the upgrade price is the same as those on v3. Quite tempting for me now.

VariableX

09 May 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
09 May 2019
Had my crystal ball been working I wouldn’t have bought Super Audio Cart two weeks ago and would have upgraded instead. Ah well, such as life and the cutthroat world of music software, lol.
haha this!
if only i hadn't bought kompulsion and Umpf!
last year when i had nothing everything was deal of the century, this year i'm slap bang in the middle of the cutthroat world of music software!

VariableX

09 May 2019

if you upgrade you obv dont lose the software that has been removed from the bundle do you?!

joeyluck

10 May 2019

Be sure to grab the ReFills which are free. Even if you don't have the full Rigs, there are some really great device patches inside in which you can browse for the devices you own. The Combinators can be hit or miss depending on what you have.

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/bro ... rig+refill

MannequinRaces

10 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
09 May 2019
MannequinRaces wrote:
09 May 2019
Had my crystal ball been working I wouldn’t have bought Super Audio Cart two weeks ago and would have upgraded instead. Ah well, such as life and the cutthroat world of music software, lol.
haha this!
if only i hadn't bought kompulsion and Umpf!
last year when i had nothing everything was deal of the century, this year i'm slap bang in the middle of the cutthroat world of music software!
Lol, either somebody is getting a deal or somebody feels like they’re getting screwed. Patience will save you some money but it will keep you from using the latest and greatest. I try and ride a happy medium.

WongoTheSane

10 May 2019

nique wrote:
09 May 2019
Upgrading to a newer Rig, do you keep your original Rack Extensions that are no longer a part of the Rig?
Yes, you keep everything.
zoidkirb wrote:
09 May 2019
If you upgrade from say synthetic rig 3 to synthetic rig 4, do you lose the re's that are in 3, but not 4? ie predatorRe?
No, you keep everything.

nique

10 May 2019

Synthetic v4 no longer includes:
  • Rob Papen PredatorRE Instrument/$99
    PunchBDRE Instrument/$49
    Euclid Rhythm Generator/$39
...Adds 6 new Rack Extensions:
  • NEW! Euclidean Rhythms/$59
    NEW! Umpf Club Drums/$99
    NEW! Synapse Antidote/$139
    NEW! Kompulsion/$69
    NEW! Super Audio Cart/$99
    NEW! Go2 Instrument/$49

Backline v4
no longer includes:
  • ChamberTron RE/$49
    StringWERK - Studio Strings/$99
    Re-Strings/$49
    Cerberus Bass Amp/$49
    Republik Handheld Percussion/$65
    Chenille Chorus Ensemble/$55
    Combo Compact Organ/$39
...Adds 10 new Rack Extensions:
  • NEW! ProjectSAM Orechestral Sampler/$99
    NEW! Reason Drum Kits*/$99
    NEW! Reason Electric Bass*/$99

NEW! Umpf Retro Beats/$99
    NEW! Granada/$29
    NEW! The Animus Shimmerverb Ensemble/$49
    NEW! AC-1 Acoustic Clapper/$25
    NEW! Maia Synthesizer/$79
    NEW! Amplifikation Caliburn Guitar Amp/$49
    NEW! Beatmaker DOPE/$49

Mix & Mastering v4
adds 3 new Rack Extensions:
  • NEW! ModularRE Multi-Effect Processor/$89
    NEW! Selig ColoringEQ/$99
    NEW! TS-1 Time Slider/$39

*Both Reason Drum Kits and Reason Electric Bass were ReFills in v3, but were updated for v3 owners as Rack Extensions.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

botnotbot

10 May 2019

Anyone know whether the upgrade prices will remain the same indefinitely or if its a limited time offer?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 May 2019

botnotbot wrote:
10 May 2019
Anyone know whether the upgrade prices will remain the same indefinitely or if its a limited time offer?
Yes. I asked them yesterday and it’s permanent.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

BananaSkins

10 May 2019

botnotbot wrote:
10 May 2019

Permanent!

Until V5 :puf_bigsmile:

botnotbot

10 May 2019

Thanks! That is super helpful to know :grin:

scratchnsnifff

13 May 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
09 May 2019
I highly doubt that, your account should hold all the previous licenses, and updating should just add more licenses.

Hopefully someone who has updated could chime in, but I feel like it’s a safe bet to assume that they won’t just take your predator.
On another note, while your account gets stuff added. Future buyers would have to get the previous devices like predator separately

I so wish I could have waited for a sale a few years ago.
Expanse, quad and other RP products are what I mainly use :)

If you own 3 or 4 Rob Papen devices you can get a coupon from papen for explorer which lets you get all of his vst products
I don’t use vst that much in Reason but holy hell is that one of the best vst bundles :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

zoidkirb

13 May 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
13 May 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
09 May 2019
I highly doubt that, your account should hold all the previous licenses, and updating should just add more licenses.

Hopefully someone who has updated could chime in, but I feel like it’s a safe bet to assume that they won’t just take your predator.
On another note, while your account gets stuff added. Future buyers would have to get the previous devices like predator separately

I so wish I could have waited for a sale a few years ago.
Expanse, quad and other RP products are what I mainly use :)

If you own 3 or 4 Rob Papen devices you can get a coupon from papen for explorer which lets you get all of his vst products
I don’t use vst that much in Reason but holy hell is that one of the best vst bundles :)
Cheers. Yup that question got raised and answered a couple times now. In the end I chose to buy Complex-1 over a Synthetic Rig upgrade as the new synths really are more of what I have already, and Complex has no comparison in Reason. Maybe it appears in a future Rig version, but that's all part of the upgrade gamble/game that is the Propellerhead store :P

tumar

16 May 2019

1. I don't understand weird Rigs policy: that shuffling REs between Rigs 2, 3 and 4. Why it couldn't be just upgrade, with all previous RE included?
2. I would like to upgrade to Synth Rig 4, but it's not compatible with Reason 9. It says to upgrade whole Reason first. Really?

Loque

16 May 2019

tumar wrote:
16 May 2019
1. I don't understand weird Rigs policy: that shuffling REs between Rigs 2, 3 and 4. Why it couldn't be just upgrade, with all previous RE included?
2. I would like to upgrade to Synth Rig 4, but it's not compatible with Reason 9. It says to upgrade whole Reason first. Really?
1. That would include more and more RE for the same price?
2. Reason 10 is great!
Reason12, Win10

MannequinRaces

16 May 2019

tumar wrote:
16 May 2019
Some of the REs use the updated SDK so that’s why it’s not compatible with R9.

tumar

17 May 2019

Loque wrote:
16 May 2019
1. That would include more and more RE for the same price?
2. Reason 10 is great!
It's not the same price - it's Rig price + upgrade price. This is how it works in whole world. Native Instruments, Arturia, Ableton, Rob Papen etc etc.
MannequinRaces wrote:
16 May 2019
Some of the REs use the updated SDK so that’s why it’s not compatible with R9.
Only one in Synth Rig. But OK, not going to spend my money there...

• Information