Key hold or Latch is it possible ?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
XSynth

09 May 2019

I've been wanting a KEY HOLD or LATCH in Reason for years, you play a chord lift your hand and the chord is held.

Is this feature possible within Reason now or should i wait and come back in a few years to ask again :)

You can make an ARP held but keys nope :(

WongoTheSane

09 May 2019

Just add an RPG-8 to your instrument, enable "Hold" and disable the arpeggiator!

dioxide

09 May 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
09 May 2019
Just add an RPG-8 to your instrument, enable "Hold" and disable the arpeggiator!
You know, I had no idea this worked. The same for the transpose section. Nice tip!

WongoTheSane

09 May 2019

Ah yes, super useful with 25 keys keyboard too!

diminished
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
09 May 2019
Now map "Hold" to a button or key on your keyboard. Mind = blown. This makes my life so much easier, thank you!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Follow-up question, how yould you "stack" notes? Each time you press a note, "Hold" only holds the last thing you played. It would be nice if you could just add stuff one after another..
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

XSynth

09 May 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
09 May 2019
lol do i feel stupid now, super thx for that tip !!!!!!!!

WongoTheSane

09 May 2019

To the best of my knowledge, that's always how Latches work: if you were able to stack notes after having released all notes, you couldn't play a new chord at all. So the only way is to keep at least one of the notes pressed. Or use a sustain pedal, but I must admit I haven't tried it within that particular context. It might also be possible to map the sustain pedal to a button on your keyboard (but then, I'm not sure it would be more convenient than just keeping one note pressed; unless you can map it as a toggle...).

• Information