UJAM / ReasonTalk Virtual Bassist Competition: Winners announced!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
WongoTheSane

09 May 2019

Here are the winners of the UJAM / ReasonTalk Virtual Bassist competition:

https://www.reasontalk.com/2019/05/virt ... e-winners/

All competitors should receive an email from UJAM within the hour as of this writing. Check your inbox!

And congrats to Carly, Loque, Boombastix and the other winners!

Edit: winners, if at all possible, do not change the privacy settings of your song so that everyone can listen to them (as changing from private to public or vice-versa changes the link). If you'd rather do it, please drop up a PM so that we can edit the link accordingly in the article. Thanks!

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Yay, 6th is better than a kick in the danglies :lol:
Congrats to all, especially the top 3.

Grum.

Loque

09 May 2019

Oh... That is surprising! Was fun to make it!

Congratulations to the winners and thanks for organisation of the challenge! Good luck with the devices for UJam!
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

09 May 2019

Well done everyone, it was fun to enter! I'll need to raise my game for the next time 😀

diminished
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Wohoo, unbelievable! Congrats everyone! To be honest, the more tracks arrived in the thread I considered it near impossible to be in the top 10, let alone top 5. So, to anyone not in the top 10, the ranking could easily be different! Don't be disheartened. And PLEASE don't up your game, I still wanna have a chance next time, lol.
Thanks UJAM & mods for making this happen! <3
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Quick PSA:
If you decide against Virtual Bassist, remember to render your bass track to audio, so you don't lose this part of your song.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

aeox
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Good job guys :)

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

diminished wrote:
09 May 2019
Quick PSA:
If you decide against Virtual Bassist, remember to render your bass track to audio, so you don't lose this part of your song.
As that was part of entering the competition I think everybody has already done that :P

Grum.

diminished
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Grumbleweed wrote:
09 May 2019
diminished wrote:
09 May 2019
Quick PSA:
As that was part of entering the competition I think everybody has already done that :P

Grum.
Right! I need more coffee as it seems :P

Noplan
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Congrats.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

WOW, speechless.... ermmmm....

Thank you uJam and Reasontalk for making this competition happen.

Thank you for all those that voted for me...

I hope it brought some sunshine into your world when watching it... :D

Well done to everyone else who entered...

I now have time to finish the track as I was never happy with the mix due to time constraints, also I had few other ideas to go into the video that did not make it.

There is also a very good chance that I will piggyback a tutorial off this track as I used a couple of simple techniques\ideas that were very handy when writing it.

Wohooooooooo..... :lol:

The PoohBear...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

joeyluck

09 May 2019

Congrats, everyone! All great entries! Like mentioned in the article, everybody made it into somebody's top ten when voting :)

aeox
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

joeyluck wrote:
09 May 2019
Congrats, everyone! All great entries! Like mentioned in the article, everybody made it into somebody's top ten when voting :)
:thumbs_up:

My track has been selected for use in a commercial of some sort (don't know details yet, it's through songtradr) But I'm pretty excited about it! And only have virtual bassist to thank for that! I have a bass but not very good at playing yet. It's much easier to get a nice sound out of these RE's

Loque

09 May 2019

aeox wrote:
09 May 2019
joeyluck wrote:
09 May 2019

My track has been selected for use in a commercial of some sort (don't know details yet, it's through songtradr) But I'm pretty excited about it! And only have virtual bassist to thank for that! I have a bass but not very good at playing yet. It's much easier to get a nice sound out of these RE's
Gratulations. The stuff i heard from you here on RT is great. You have a good feeling for music. You gonna make it!
Reason12, Win10

diminished
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

What Loque says!

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

I never thought I make it into the top 10 because of all your amazing entries!
I really love the variety of styles of the entries.

Thanks everybody!

retreed
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Congratulations to everyone for all the great entries and of course to the winners!

Thank you very much for hosting the competition. :thumbs_up: :rt:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

Thank you RT and Ujam for organizing (and voting)!
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

joeyluck

09 May 2019

aeox wrote:
09 May 2019
joeyluck wrote:
09 May 2019

Very cool! :D

aeox
Competition Winner

10 May 2019

Loque wrote:
09 May 2019
aeox wrote:
09 May 2019

Gratulations. The stuff i heard from you here on RT is great. You have a good feeling for music. You gonna make it!
Thanks!

I gave up on trying to "make" it last year.. I just don't have the skill. Now I'm just supplementing my income by selling music, etc.

WongoTheSane

28 May 2019

Carly(Poohbear) has just posted an updated video of his winning song (posted below for your convenience), with more shading, more syncing, more dancers and more details. And... The cat is out of the bag: he's preparing a making-of video for us! If you want to know how to do this in Reason, watch this space...

• Information