New Behringer synth: DeepMind 12

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?

baloo

21 Aug 2016

nice that Behringer include TrueBypass for digital effects.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

21 Aug 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:The Prophet 12 goes for $3,000 here,in the U.S..So...I guess the price tag for the Behringer,will be in the neighborhood of $1,000 to $1.500.To quote Uli Behringer's words,his synth is a digitally controlled,analogue synth.
Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-21 um 20.15.43.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-21 um 20.15.43.png (53.37 KiB) Viewed 2129 times

bxbrkrz

05 Oct 2016

Behringer DeepMind 12 Augmented Reality Launch - Sheffield
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

zumBeispiel

08 Jan 2017

deleted
Last edited by zumBeispiel on 08 Jan 2017, edited 1 time in total.

4filegate

08 Jan 2017

the release of animals from the zoo ... The D-Beam was originally manufactured by Interactive Light, as a stand-alone unit, around 1996. It was then purchased by Roland, for their own equipment. The D-Beam Controller is a Roland Synthesizers interface that controls sound and effects via hand movements interacting with an infrared beam of light. Although controlled in a similar manner to a theremin, it should not be confused with one. The theremin operates with radio frequencies.

diminished
Competition Winner

08 May 2019

Can we revive this thread please? Any fellow Deepmind owners here? I'm thirsty for knowledge.
I recently got my hands on one and after fiddling around in the menu and trying out some things, I finally hooked it up to Reason today and tried to feed it MIDI and get some basic kind of workflow going.
I'm still overwhelmed with everything but man I love the sound and the possibilities and of course moving those sliders.
As a bonus, I finally have a larger MIDI keyboard with aftertouch and decent keys. Fuck my AKAI MPK mini2, piece of garbage.
Here's what I did today (Yes, babysteps. That's ok.):

I also have my eye on these patches here, because they really show how much of a classic sound this beast is capable of:
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

jayhosking

09 May 2019

diminished wrote:
08 May 2019
Can we revive this thread please? Any fellow Deepmind owners here? I'm thirsty for knowledge.
I recently got my hands on one and after fiddling around in the menu and trying out some things, I finally hooked it up to Reason today and tried to feed it MIDI and get some basic kind of workflow going.
I'm still overwhelmed with everything but man I love the sound and the possibilities and of course moving those sliders.
As a bonus, I finally have a larger MIDI keyboard with aftertouch and decent keys. Fuck my AKAI MPK mini2, piece of garbage.
Great sound! Nice work.

I love the Deepmind 12. As a synth, it sounds fine (not particularly unique), but it has a spectacular interface, options (e.g. voice pan spread, oscillator drift), mod matrix, and effects section. I also like how its filter is different from (but complementary to) something like a Moog sound.

I do most of my hardware work live and separate from Reason at first, and the Deepmind 12 has featured on a couple. Here's one of them.

Glad this synth is getting some love here!

aeox
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

jayhosking wrote:
09 May 2019
diminished wrote:
08 May 2019
Great sound! Nice work.

I love the Deepmind 12. As a synth, it sounds fine (not particularly unique), but it has a spectacular interface, options (e.g. voice pan spread, oscillator drift), mod matrix, and effects section. I also like how its filter is different from (but complementary to) something like a Moog sound.

I do most of my hardware work live and separate from Reason at first, and the Deepmind 12 has featured on a couple. Here's one of them.

Very nice :D

diminished
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

jayhosking wrote:
09 May 2019
diminished wrote:
08 May 2019
Great sound! Nice work.

Beautiful, man. I love your music and your videos are educational as well. They also help with not being afraid of rather complex hardware setups, where a person as I am is always afraid to lose control and get lost in the buttons and cables. Your songs are so well-structured, it's always possible to see and hear what you're doing and every device has its well-defined place.

I'm glad I got the Deepmind, because aside from an outdated and unused M-Audio Venom, it's all I have and it's a great allrounder. I looked at cheaper stuff but they're all mono- or paraphonic and not really what I'm after.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

jayhosking

09 May 2019

diminished wrote:
09 May 2019
Beautiful, man. I love your music and your videos are educational as well. They also help with not being afraid of rather complex hardware setups, where a person as I am is always afraid to lose control and get lost in the buttons and cables. Your songs are so well-structured, it's always possible to see and hear what you're doing and every device has its well-defined place.

I'm glad I got the Deepmind, because aside from an outdated and unused M-Audio Venom, it's all I have and it's a great allrounder. I looked at cheaper stuff but they're all mono- or paraphonic and not really what I'm after.
Hey, thanks for the kind words! Compared to Reason, they're not complex at all, haha. Honestly, Reason has been such an amazing starting point for the hardware world; I recently picked up an Empress Zoia and that thing is basically Reason in a pedal-sized box.

Yeah, the DM12 is a nearly perfect all-around synth for that price point. There are units I like a lot more, but the polyphony, effects, UI, and price make it the first I recommend to many people. That said, if you have a few bucks in the future, a mono/para-phonic often has its own thing going on, and can complement the sound nicely.

jayhosking

09 May 2019

aeox wrote:
09 May 2019
Very nice :D
Hey thanks! I've still got that track of yours to finish. I was thinking of incorporating it into a hardware setup, since that's the only way I've been getting music done, recently...

diminished
Competition Winner

09 May 2019

jayhosking wrote:
09 May 2019
an Empress Zoia
Holy shit. Currently watching cuckoo using it. I want one. So bad. I only wish it had USB power input.

MarkTarlton

09 May 2019

diminished wrote:
09 May 2019
jayhosking wrote:
09 May 2019
an Empress Zoia
Holy shit. Currently watching cuckoo using it. I want one. So bad. I only wish it had USB power input.
named after...

Zoia Horn (1918-2014) was known as an intellectual freedom fighter and activist who once did jail time for refusing to testify against library patrons, actions that were a matter of conscience. After her defiant act of patriotism in service to her fellow citizens, Zoia Horn continued to be outspoken against government overreach, unethical legislation (i.e. Patriot Act), and any and all attempts to undermine freedom of thought, speech, and public debate.

awesome!!!

jayhosking

09 May 2019

diminished wrote:
09 May 2019
jayhosking wrote:
09 May 2019
an Empress Zoia
Honestly? It's cool and interesting, and a great addition to a pedal board or effects suite, but I don't think it's really worth losing any marbles over. The CPU limitations make it challenging to run multiple effects algorithms, and the user interface is more appropriate for effects than for synths. I kind of feel like Reason gives you it all and much more, in a vastly better interface. But if you were looking for something to do double- or triple- duty in a hardware setup, it might be worth it.

• Information