Is Reason 11 the most anticipated Reason release ever?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
CephaloPod

02 May 2019

For me, 11 is the least anticipated release ever.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

hurricane
Competition Winner

02 May 2019

CephaloPod wrote:
02 May 2019
Well, I don't know if you're serious, but I'm kind of there with you if you are. I'm not expecting to be blown away by Reason 11. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. There will be some people blown away by Reason 11. I really hope I am one of them.

Now, on the other hand, I'm highly anticipating the next version of Logic because I know Apple are going to throw down some "holy f*ck, the best DAW ever just got even better and look at all the features and fixes and additions" type of shit. 77 more days.... ;)
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

OverneathTheSkyBridg

03 May 2019

For me I'm hoping graphics overhaul and workflow. A content update will definitely be a hard pass for me.

CephaloPod

03 May 2019

hurricane wrote:
02 May 2019
CephaloPod wrote:
02 May 2019
Well, I don't know if you're serious, but I'm kind of there with you if you are. I'm not expecting to be blown away by Reason 11. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. There will be some people blown away by Reason 11. I really hope I am one of them.

Now, on the other hand, I'm highly anticipating the next version of Logic because I know Apple are going to throw down some "holy f*ck, the best DAW ever just got even better and look at all the features and fixes and additions" type of shit. 77 more days.... ;)
I'm not joking about R 11. I'm also not that interested in whatever Logic is going to add. Truth is, I only use a small fraction of the capabilities of both programs. I have a ton of plugins and RE's, samples all over the place, access to every sound I could possibly imagine. What I need now is streamlined workflow and workflows that inspire me. I can't anticipate those workflow changes coming soon, because I can't even imagine what they would look like.

I'll be blown away by a software release that offers something I didn't even think I wanted, but suddenly can't live without. But that's not something that can be anticipated, almost by definition.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

splitpen

03 May 2019

I hope PH's fixes some troubles introduced by release 10.3 before start worry about releasing a (paid) 11 update
That would keep existing customers happy, including myself. ;)
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

tiker01

03 May 2019

They are nice guys so I am pretty sure they will check if there is anything they can do on their end to resolve any issue arose.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Oquasec

03 May 2019

Reason 11 will be good
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

03 May 2019

fieldframe
RE Developer

03 May 2019

guitfnky wrote:
02 May 2019
I’d be incredibly surprised if they hadn’t been working on the performance issues in both 10.3 and 11 in parallel. I doubt the work there has pushed the next major version back significantly.
It really depends on the nature of Reason 11’s new features and how the teams are structured at Propellerhead. If Reason 11 is focused on workflow and UI, it would follow that having the DSP experts tied up for an extra couple of months on the audio engine wouldn’t have slowed down the UI developers. But if the DSP experts *are* the UI developers, then we’d be looking at fall for sure!

guitfnky

03 May 2019

fieldframe wrote:
03 May 2019
guitfnky wrote:
02 May 2019
I’d be incredibly surprised if they hadn’t been working on the performance issues in both 10.3 and 11 in parallel. I doubt the work there has pushed the next major version back significantly.
It really depends on the nature of Reason 11’s new features and how the teams are structured at Propellerhead. If Reason 11 is focused on workflow and UI, it would follow that having the DSP experts tied up for an extra couple of months on the audio engine wouldn’t have slowed down the UI developers. But if the DSP experts *are* the UI developers, then we’d be looking at fall for sure!
well, I think we have to assume v11 has been in development for some time. regardless of whether they’re the same, or separate teams, they would have to make sure the code they’re changing in 10.3 isn’t going to break what they’ve already developed for 11. presumably that means concurrent testing in both versions, and (probably) ongoing development. it could be slower, but I suspect it won’t have a big impact—of course, we’ll probably never know, but it’s still fun to speculate. 😆
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Oquasec

04 May 2019

I feel like Reason should use version 11 as the ongoing service version and just get rid of number entirely.
Reason 11, the service. Just keep adding patches to Reason lmao
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Undistraction

04 May 2019

Not anticipated at all.

We know the drill now: a few new devices and lots of hype. Nothing that's really useful.

Although I struggle to believe they would push out another major release with the same low-res graphics, anticipating that would be foolish.

guitfnky

04 May 2019

Undistraction wrote:
04 May 2019
We know the drill now: a few new devices and lots of hype. Nothing that's really useful.
so it’s safe to assume you’ve never upgraded from whatever Reason version you first bought? 🤔

reggie1979

04 May 2019

Well, I got on 10 from 8.3. 9 just wasn't enough to upgrade but once I demoed 10 and could add vst's I was hooked. 11 better go to 11 though.

What would be nice if they just took the workflow to the next level. Minimizing steps, adding ease, and REWORKING KONG ENTIRELY :D

Think Impact XT :)

Undistraction

07 May 2019

guitfnky wrote:
04 May 2019
Undistraction wrote:
04 May 2019
so it’s safe to assume you’ve never upgraded from whatever Reason version you first bought? 🤔
Are you saying every new Reason release comprises of just a few devices and lots of hype?

reggie1979

07 May 2019

But even I felt that way about 10. Now, coming from 8.3 it was a good update but I can definitely see someone being somewhat turned off. Now with 10.1, .2, .3 there are new added things but when 10 was first announced I was underwhelmed.

Creativemind

07 May 2019

boingy wrote:
30 Apr 2019
What we want: A thousand small improvements all over the place.
What PH need: A big thing to be the headline for the new version. It's hard to sell a thousand small improvements.
What we'll get: A bit of both. I'm hoping more effort will go into the improvements rather than YAS (yet another synth).
Yeah. Loads of small improvements for me please. I have about 50 of them lol!

But if they add about 15 to the midi editor (make it uber powerful) then a load of audio / sequencer things to speed things up that'd be great but they would need something then to entice new customers and to add some pizzazz to the promo video so maybe update Thor, Subtractor, NN-XT and finally will we see the elusive Combinator 2 everybody has been wanting for for ages?

Top few workflow wants for me - Updated Midi Editor, Tempo Detect of Audio, Auditioning Audio in the Sequencer using the Speaker Icon, Cloning Clips, an Undo Events List, Time Markers and Sync'ing the Browsers and Windows on the fly. Also, more colours added (I'd personally ditch some as well but I understand you couldn't now but some are awful like lemon) and the ability to pre-choose which colours your clips default to in the preferences (Say 20 audio and midi clip colours) too.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

07 May 2019

CloudsOfSound wrote:
30 Apr 2019
I love Reason as well, and I do feel that it is the most creative DAW out there, but when it comes to recording and editing audio it just doesn't cut it yet.
I hope that this will change in future versions.
Yeah that's true but from what I've seen people post on here, isn't Propellerheads lack of audio options because they want to try and sell Recycle that does a lot of people's audio editing wants? people have suggested just incorporating it into Reason like they did Record but that would cut a lot of revenue from Recycle sales but is that a lot I wonder?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

eusti

07 May 2019

I would be super surprised if Recycle sold a whole lot of copies these days.

D.

guitfnky

07 May 2019

Undistraction wrote:
07 May 2019
guitfnky wrote:
04 May 2019

Are you saying every new Reason release comprises of just a few devices and lots of hype?
umm, no...that’s literally what *you* said, that I was responding to.

reggie1979

07 May 2019

Just update Kong and make it blow away Impact XT and I'll be happy. PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!! :D

EdGrip

08 May 2019

The problem is PH - due to their commitment to backwards compatibility, apparently - don't have a history of updating devices. You might get a NEW device in addition to the old device (NNXT) but they don't allow themselves the freedom to just update devices.

PeterP

09 May 2019

EdGrip wrote:
08 May 2019
The problem is PH - due to their commitment to backwards compatibility, apparently - don't have a history of updating devices. You might get a NEW device in addition to the old device (NNXT) but they don't allow themselves the freedom to just update devices.
That's not really true though.

Dr Rex became Dr OctoRex. RV7000 got a mk2.

EdGrip

09 May 2019

Ahhh yeah, good point.

kitekrazy

11 May 2019

KGB wrote:
29 Apr 2019
To me, it is. If they address several key areas such as the sequencer and resolution, I could see myself staying with R11 for a long time without upgrading. Much like how many FL users haven't upgraded from FL11 because it's such a solid product. At this point, I'm somewhat satisfied with my workflow so much that if R11 doesn't address key areas, I won't upgrade...and I've upgraded to every version upon release since 2.5 except 4.0. I've never been this excited for a Reason release before knowing its features.

Whats your opinion?
I don't think are familiar with the FL user base. Most like those on F11 might be using illegal copies.

I can wait for Reason 11. I don't want to pay for an upgrade for a while. I lose my fondness of developers who want to charge for an upgrade without even getting to a .5 release.

• Information