New Rack Extensions for testing

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

31 Jan 2019

I've done plenty of testing if you need a hand, I can also look at the Nektar mappings for the devices.

Username Poohbear69

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

31 Jan 2019

Hi folks, thanks for everyone coming in and volunteering to help out on these devices :)

I'm currently hunting down a "can't ship" bug, but I'll get the newer test licenses up as soon as I can.

Thanks again,
Brian

borracho

31 Jan 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
30 Jan 2019
borracho wrote:
30 Jan 2019
I'll be happy to help testing new REs
Is your username on PH just borracho?
Yep :D

scratchnsnifff

31 Jan 2019

Basswomp12345
Is my propellerhead user name

I’d love to test them out
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

challism

31 Jan 2019

Perhaps we could set you up a page in the beta testing subforum of ReasonTalk for this series of beta tests. It's much easier to communicate with all the testers that way. Would you like that, Brian?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

danc

01 Feb 2019

challism wrote:
31 Jan 2019
Perhaps we could set you up a page in the beta testing subforum of ReasonTalk for this series of beta tests. It's much easier to communicate with all the testers that way. Would you like that, Brian?
Is this testing being discussed anywhere? Except for people signing up, it is completely silent!

I have loaded both trial Players up and the MIDI change features on offer are quite limiting - you can set LO/HI note range, and the velocity range. All this can be done through a Combinator. So - not desperately useful.

Other than that you have two other options...

Feature ONE: Note trigger probability. I can see the use for this for drums - but as it's random and not based on Euclidean it has limited use musically.

Feature TWO: Randomly alter note being triggered. So.. if I hit C it might instead hit B, D or E etc. Randomly altering the note is just odd as I can't properly set what the alternative notes that will be triggered... I just have a rotary to change how far off it will hit from the root key you trigger. Can't see when I'd use it.

Help me people. Where and how will i find these features useful - beyond what I can already manage in the Combinator programmer. Anyone want to enlighten me?
Check my Soundcloud:

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

01 Feb 2019

challism wrote:
31 Jan 2019
Already done, thanks :)

I asked Kenni about this a few weeks ago and he set it up straight away - sadly it took me a while longer to get some other stuff done and am only just opening this now.

Thanks
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

01 Feb 2019

danc wrote:
01 Feb 2019
challism wrote:
31 Jan 2019
Is this testing being discussed anywhere? Except for people signing up, it is completely silent!
This is all in the Beta Testing section of the Forum. If you look down at the bottom of the main forum page you should see the beta forum directory, it's where all of the beta forums are?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

01 Feb 2019

Ok folks, I've just added a bunch of new licenses on for the next build, so please go to the Beta Forum for more details :)

Anyone has a license but can't access the forum or vice versa, please PM me, but I think I have everyone in both.

Thanks
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

01 Feb 2019

danc wrote:
01 Feb 2019
challism wrote:
31 Jan 2019
I have loaded both trial Players up and the MIDI change features on offer are quite limiting - you can set LO/HI note range, and the velocity range. All this can be done through a Combinator. So - not desperately useful.

Other than that you have two other options...

Feature ONE: Note trigger probability. I can see the use for this for drums - but as it's random and not based on Euclidean it has limited use musically.

Feature TWO: Randomly alter note being triggered. So.. if I hit C it might instead hit B, D or E etc. Randomly altering the note is just odd as I can't properly set what the alternative notes that will be triggered... I just have a rotary to change how far off it will hit from the root key you trigger. Can't see when I'd use it.

Help me people. Where and how will i find these features useful - beyond what I can already manage in the Combinator programmer. Anyone want to enlighten me?
Haha,

These are waaaaaay more powerful than what you can do in a Combinator dude :D

However, I need to get a tutorial video up to showcase the full power of these, and that's my bad, so I apologise for that.
But within the next day or so I'll stick something up and let everyone see it :)

Thanks
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

21 Feb 2019

Hey folks, for those interested in testing, and for those already testing but not checking the other forums, the third Enlightenspeed device is now up for testing 😊

Mmj85

24 Feb 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
21 Feb 2019
Hey folks, for those interested in testing, and for those already testing but not checking the other forums, the third Enlightenspeed device is now up for testing 😊
Sign me up for testing please, would be glad to help. :)

User: mmj85

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
01 Feb 2019

Haha,

However, I need to get a tutorial video up to showcase the full power of these, and that's my bad, so I apologise for that.
But within the next day or so I'll stick something up and let everyone see it :)

Thanks
Brian
Hej. Where’d you and the Players disappear to? You’ve been off the radar for ages now. No video. No word. What’s the latest?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PadShifta

14 Apr 2019

Hi there! If you got room for one more, I´d like to join the testgroup please.
My name on propellerheads.com is "DUPLEXX".
Greetz from Germany :-)
Andy

mjxl

14 Apr 2019

PadShifta wrote:
14 Apr 2019
Andy
The players have been tested already :) !

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

14 Apr 2019

MrFigg wrote:
14 Apr 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
01 Feb 2019

Haha,

Thanks
Brian
Hej. Where’d you and the Players disappear to? You’ve been off the radar for ages now. No video. No word. What’s the latest?
Hi,

Hoping to get a release of the bundle in early May. I keep on adding new bits in to the third one, but I have always felt that these additional features were worth it.

Free licenses will be available once the release is done.

Thanks again for your efforts and time,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

14 Apr 2019

PadShifta wrote:
14 Apr 2019
Andy
Yeah, sorry mate it’s all done now, I’m only working on promo and tutorial materials now.

Next time though I’ll try and get you onboard 😊

Vil
RE Developer

29 Apr 2019

Hi everyone,

My name is Vil, and Im new here.
I don't have much forum experience....
But I made a few rack extension...
One of my friends is already testing these, but I want others to look at them.
Someone could help me, how can I handle and menage the testing here?

Cheers,

Bes
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2019

Hi Vil, I'm not sure what it looks like from the perspective of an extension developer but my experience as a beta tester has been that ReasonTalk can help you set up a closed forum (testers only) to provide communication / feedback and those testers need to provide you with their reason user name which you can use to send temporary licenses to your testers.

I've also tested devices for developers that prefer email communication which bypasses the need for a specific reasontalk forum.

if you are interested in having me test your devices my reason account is bestreasonuser
but please send me a message here on the forum so I know to resync my RE licenses

good luck with your development
- Bes
Vil wrote:
29 Apr 2019
Hi everyone,

Cheers,
- Certified Reason expert

Kenni
Site Admin

30 Apr 2019

Vil wrote:
29 Apr 2019
Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Hi Vil,

We have a setup for developers where we offer a dedicated beta testing forum. Please read: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7493511

Shoot me a message with the required stuff, then I'll have a look into it :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Vil
RE Developer

30 Apr 2019

Kenni wrote:
30 Apr 2019
Vil wrote:
29 Apr 2019
... menage the testing here? ...
... beta testing forum. Please read: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7493511
Hi Kenni,
I read this post previously, but I didnt find this later.. :)

Thank you so much,
PM sent to you
:)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

01 May 2019

Hi Folks,

Just an update to everyone who is testing, all licenses have now been added. Once again let me say thanks to everyone who took part in this. Please note that they are not in the shops yet, so I would kindly ask you to keep quiet about the devices until you can see them available in the PropShop.

All tutorial videos are now done, all shop pages are now done, I'm basically just waiting for the Props to post it up.

Peace, love and thanks for all the fish,
Brian @ Enlightenspeed

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 May 2019

Thanks Brian :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

02 May 2019

Thanks! And good luck with your devices!
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 May 2019

Great, looking forward to the tutorials!
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information