[POP] [Retrowave] Newbie looking for feedback

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Beerdude37

30 Apr 2019

I've been a reason user for a bit and am self taught through videos/articles. Looking for some constructive feedback on the mix, sounds etc.. Thanks!

DrGOA®

01 May 2019

Good track! :thumbs_up:

Pinkbox

01 May 2019

It's good and well done.
But since you asked for comments...!
You got the "retro" mood I assume you wanted, it's working great!
The kick could be layered, or maybe you could put some variations (add a layer every two other kicks).
00:56 (and 1:48) the noise sweep is either too much or too cheap. It look too much like a "tool" you need for a transition between parts. Maybe a reverse sweep instead? Or longer? Or not at all?
The two parts of the track are too differents. Maybe you shoud not let go the rythmic/bl synth you have from the beginning (starting at 0:10)?
And... work on your title! :)
Congrats

Beerdude37

01 May 2019

DrGoa: Thanks!

PinkBox: Thanks for the feedback. I did ask for it and I really appreciate the time you took. I agree with all of your points.

Soft Enerji

03 May 2019

Liked and left a couple of comments. Pinkbox's feedback is pretty much on the mark so wont add any critique.

bitley

03 May 2019

Those strings are a little too upfront / too bright. I always think more ppl should try recording vocals as it makes demos become songs :)

Beerdude37

03 May 2019

bitley wrote:
03 May 2019
Those strings are a little too upfront / too bright. I always think more ppl should try recording vocals as it makes demos become songs :)
Thanks and agreed, Vocals make a huge difference and add a new frequency range to the mix.

bitley

03 May 2019

Yes, just do it :-)

• Information