Remotemap for Behringer BCR2000

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Oenkenstein
RE Developer

15 Aug 2017

djsmex wrote:
14 Aug 2017
Oenkenstein wrote:
14 Aug 2017

Great job on sharing remote maps. Are there any steps for me to perform to participate and add the Behringer BCR2000 remote map? Or do you already have all the files and information needed?

Cheers!
Hi, you can join the site for free as a author and post your remote files so they will appear in the downloads/shop or I can add the link you've posted here on the free resources section of the downloads page. Happy either way, just let us know.

best, John
Wow, if you could add the BCR2000.zip to the free resources of the downloads page, that would be awesome.

Thank you in advance and keep up the good work!

djsmex

16 Aug 2017

Hi, I've now added a link to your BCR2000 remote map on http://www.reasonremoter.uk/free/ under free resources.

All the best,
John

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

17 Aug 2017

djsmex wrote:
16 Aug 2017
Hi, I've now added a link to your BCR2000 remote map on http://www.reasonremoter.uk/free/ under free resources.

All the best,
John
Thanks a ton! Cheers!

ReasonUser

19 Aug 2017

Well I've got the bcr2000 and excited to have the drivers installed and codec up in Reason. I've not updated the remote map with your RE updates yet.

Regarding Reason's internal synths... Are they fully mapped? Malstrom for instance is not complete, and the preset <- -> buttons don't seem to do anything to get the extra controls. Are the mappings listed anywhere or is it just trial and error for the core devices? Remote override does not give the details for core devices.

Regarding the hardware, I love having the physical knobs and visual led rings for current values. My top row of push dials do seem slightly 'off' in that the one all the way to the left requires a bit of force to turn and the one all the way to the right is super light to turn. Cheers!

UPDATE: So I noticed even the core devices are included in the bcr2000.remote file. It's interesting why the "remote override" function shows the correct mappings of everything but the core devices. These seem to default to some "standard mapping" of one of my sound card's MIDI-out port. Even though, the BCR2000 is controlling the core device per the remote map file's designations.

Oenkenstein, your maps are working great so far. Is there any documentation on working with the bcr2000.remote file, or remote maps in general? I probably have some REs that have not been mapped yet and could contribute to the work already done.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

22 Aug 2017

ReasonUser wrote:
19 Aug 2017
Well I've got the bcr2000 and excited to have the drivers installed and codec up in Reason. I've not updated the remote map with your RE updates yet.

Regarding Reason's internal synths... Are they fully mapped? Malstrom for instance is not complete, and the preset <- -> buttons don't seem to do anything to get the extra controls. Are the mappings listed anywhere or is it just trial and error for the core devices? Remote override does not give the details for core devices.

Regarding the hardware, I love having the physical knobs and visual led rings for current values. My top row of push dials do seem slightly 'off' in that the one all the way to the left requires a bit of force to turn and the one all the way to the right is super light to turn. Cheers!

UPDATE: So I noticed even the core devices are included in the bcr2000.remote file. It's interesting why the "remote override" function shows the correct mappings of everything but the core devices. These seem to default to some "standard mapping" of one of my sound card's MIDI-out port. Even though, the BCR2000 is controlling the core device per the remote map file's designations.

Oenkenstein, your maps are working great so far. Is there any documentation on working with the bcr2000.remote file, or remote maps in general? I probably have some REs that have not been mapped yet and could contribute to the work already done.
Not all the native Reason devices have all their properties fully mapped. Malstrom is one of them, as you can see when you go to the Remote Override Edit Mode.
MalstromMapping.jpg
MalstromMapping.jpg (114.53 KiB) Viewed 5117 times
The Preset < and > buttons are assigned to a 'next page' with mappings for only the Rack Extensions supported by my BCR2000.remotemap. The native or core devices, like the Malstrom, which have a lot of properties are using the 4 Encoder Group buttons on the BCR2000 to go to 'the next page'.

Thank you so much for offering your help with adding the uncovered Rack Extensions. Information about how to alter an existing remotemap can be found on this forum, but the information is scattered in several threads or sources. I am really busy at the moment (developing / beta testing) and it takes some time to explain the whole process, but I'll hope to provide a step by step guide on how to change an existing remotemap this weekend.

Innerst

14 Nov 2017

I am thinking about upgrading from R9 to R10 and would like to know if these BCR2000 mappings will be working correctly?

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

14 Nov 2017

Innerst wrote:
14 Nov 2017
I am thinking about upgrading from R9 to R10 and would like to know if these BCR2000 mappings will be working correctly?
Yes, it will work. So far, all the remotemaps made have not been influenced by a new release or update of Reason.

Innerst

14 Nov 2017

Great thanks, the BCR2000 with this remote file is really integral to my workflow now so I have to be sure before upgrading.

ejanuska

29 Dec 2017

Did the PSQ-1684 ever get mapped for the BCR2000?

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

31 Dec 2017

ejanuska wrote:
29 Dec 2017
No, it did not. Until today. I have updated the BCR2000 remotemap with a mapping for the PSQ-1684:

Download the latest version:

http://www.oenkenstein.nl/uploadmap/BCR2000.zip

Happy new year!

ejanuska

02 Jan 2018

Oenkenstein wrote:
31 Dec 2017
ejanuska wrote:
29 Dec 2017
No, it did not. Until today. I have updated the BCR2000 remotemap with a mapping for the PSQ-1684:

Download the latest version:

http://www.oenkenstein.nl/uploadmap/BCR2000.zip

Happy new year!
Thanks.
That is the RE I was most interested in using the BCR2000 for.

Catblack

12 Dec 2018

I've done a bit of digging in the encoded codec, and I have found that Push Encoder 1:1 (and probably the rest of them, there's 4 selectable banks, up to Push Encoder 4:8), have some undocumented Modes that can be set in the remotemap. These don't work with the other encoders (which are 'Single Dot'.) I'm just throwing this info here for whomever needs it and wants to test further. I'd love to see this remotemap updated!

Single Dot
Single Dot/Off
Double Dots
Double Dots/Off
Bar
Bar/Off
Spread
Pan
Reverse Spread
Reverse Bar
Inverted Bar
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

12 Dec 2018

Catblack wrote:
12 Dec 2018
I've done a bit of digging in the encoded codec, and I have found that Push Encoder 1:1 (and probably the rest of them, there's 4 selectable banks, up to Push Encoder 4:8), have some undocumented Modes that can be set in the remotemap. These don't work with the other encoders (which are 'Single Dot'.) I'm just throwing this info here for whomever needs it and wants to test further. I'd love to see this remotemap updated!

Single Dot
Single Dot/Off
Double Dots
Double Dots/Off
Bar
Bar/Off
Spread
Pan
Reverse Spread
Reverse Bar
Inverted Bar
What a cool find!

I am busy at the moment with the development of a RE. The BCR2000 remote map will be updated after the release.

techstar

09 Jan 2019

I can't get any of the Blamsoft rack extensions to work with the remote templates. Every other manufacturer works perfectly. Has anyone else had this issue?

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

10 Jan 2019

techstar wrote:
09 Jan 2019
I can't get any of the Blamsoft rack extensions to work with the remote templates. Every other manufacturer works perfectly. Has anyone else had this issue?
Which Rack Extensions do not work with this remotemap?

Please note, not all the Rack Extensions from Blamsoft Inc. are mapped in the BCR2000 remotemap.
For example VK-1 Viking is mapped, but the succesor VK-2 Viking is not.

If you want to add devices from Blamsoft to the BCR2000 remotemap, all their remote templates can be found on the link below.

http://blamsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... plates.txt

fullforce

10 Jan 2019

My X Touch Compact works pretty nice as well :D
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

techstar

10 Jan 2019

Oenkenstein wrote:
10 Jan 2019
techstar wrote:
09 Jan 2019

Please note, not all the Rack Extensions from Blamsoft Inc. are mapped in the BCR2000 remotemap.

If you want to add devices from Blamsoft to the BCR2000 remotemap, all their remote templates can be found on the link below.

If I just use the template you have supplied, it works. But, I already have a template that I have been using that has some instruments mapped that aren't included in your template. So, if I copy and paste the blamsoft mappings out of your template into mine, the blamsoft mappings won't work. Everything else does, though. It's the same the other way around, as well. If I copy my mappings into your template it's the same issue. I think the only way you will be able to understand is if I send you my template and check for yourself.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

10 Jan 2019

techstar wrote:
10 Jan 2019
Oenkenstein wrote:
10 Jan 2019

If I just use the template you have supplied, it works. But, I already have a template that I have been using that has some instruments mapped that aren't included in your template. So, if I copy and paste the blamsoft mappings out of your template into mine, the blamsoft mappings won't work. Everything else does, though. It's the same the other way around, as well. If I copy my mappings into your template it's the same issue. I think the only way you will be able to understand is if I send you my template and check for yourself.
Can you send a PM or a reply to this thread with your mapping as a .zip file?

Comparing the remote mappings could lead to a solution.

techstar

10 Jan 2019

Oenkenstein wrote:
10 Jan 2019
techstar wrote:
10 Jan 2019

Just after sending my message, I double checked the templates in another text editor, EditPad Lite. I was previously only using an old copy of Excel. It seems that the Excel was was adding quotation marks that were unseen around the developer's name on the scope line until I opened in EditPad Lite. I'm not sure why Excel was doing this only with only blamsoft. But, that seems to be the issue.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

10 Jan 2019

techstar wrote:
10 Jan 2019
Oenkenstein wrote:
10 Jan 2019

Just after sending my message, I double checked the templates in another text editor, EditPad Lite. I was previously only using an old copy of Excel. It seems that the Excel was was adding quotation marks that were unseen around the developer's name on the scope line until I opened in EditPad Lite. I'm not sure why Excel was doing this only with only blamsoft. But, that seems to be the issue.
Good to hear you got it solved.

JTea

29 Apr 2019

Oh My this is a lot of work! Thank you for the mapping!

mcatalao
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2019

Hey Oenkenstein, great work here.

I was looking for stuff for expanding my bcf remote file to work with PX 7, and bumped into this.
I have a big remote section for the Lab One Red Queen, which is probably the most intricate EQ in the store.

If you want to include it in your BCR2000 remotemap send me an email or pm and i'll gladly send it to you. The device has more than 300 controls and they are all mapped on the BCR through page.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

13 Jun 2019

mcatalao wrote:
08 Jun 2019
Hey Oenkenstein, great work here.

I was looking for stuff for expanding my bcf remote file to work with PX 7, and bumped into this.
I have a big remote section for the Lab One Red Queen, which is probably the most intricate EQ in the store.

If you want to include it in your BCR2000 remotemap send me an email or pm and i'll gladly send it to you. The device has more than 300 controls and they are all mapped on the BCR through page.
Wow! I just come back from Italy and what nice surprise. I want to include your Lab One Red Queen into the BCR2000 remotemap and I'll send you a PM right now. Thank you very much for the offer and the time spend making it.

Thumbs up!

rmtcvolte

16 Jun 2019

Hi Oenkenstein,
looks like you had put a lot of work into the mappings. Short question about the led-ring-modes mentioned by Catblack: as long as i can see, you make only slightly use of it, do you have plans to use them more often in the future? Or are the BCR/BCF totaly out of your interest?

I have a working codec for both and like to share it in the near future, but I´m using the original mode-names by the manufacturer instead these ones, used by the original reason codec. For know I have mapped Reason stock devices, so it should not take to much time to change the mode names in codec and remotemap. Maybe to make it possible to use your mappings with my codec, what do you think of it?

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

17 Jun 2019

rmtcvolte wrote:
16 Jun 2019
Hi Oenkenstein,
looks like you had put a lot of work into the mappings. Short question about the led-ring-modes mentioned by Catblack: as long as i can see, you make only slightly use of it, do you have plans to use them more often in the future? Or are the BCR/BCF totaly out of your interest?

I have a working codec for both and like to share it in the near future, but I´m using the original mode-names by the manufacturer instead these ones, used by the original reason codec. For know I have mapped Reason stock devices, so it should not take to much time to change the mode names in codec and remotemap. Maybe to make it possible to use your mappings with my codec, what do you think of it?
This mapping project has not lost my interest. Rack Extensions will be added in future. There is just little time and I have to set priorities. Perhaps the undocumented modes found by Catblack can be added, I will have to test first, but it would be very cool if implemented.

Yes, go ahead. Please use the remotemap for your codec.

• Information