Anyone tried this refill developer ?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!

Quiloc Lim

17 Apr 2019

I have not bought one of these refills, but the combi face plates look good. Someone spent some time making good looking combi faces related to the synth they represent. The prices are fair as well, but until someone who has bought one says they sound good as they look, it's a mystery. :-D

sleep1979

18 Apr 2019

Quiloc Lim wrote:
17 Apr 2019
I have not bought one of these refills, but the combi face plates look good. Someone spent some time making good looking combi faces related to the synth they represent. The prices are fair as well, but until someone who has bought one says they sound good as they look, it's a mystery. :-D
Yep that helped lol 😂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2019

There’s links there to free demos. Try them?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Italophile

18 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
17 Apr 2019
How legit is he ?

Refills any good ?
https://www.amazound.com/store/reason-r ... son-refill
I have no experience of these refills but they have been available on eBay for a long time and the seller appears to have a good rep.
MrFigg wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Tad difficult, the links don’t work.

sleep1979

18 Apr 2019

MrFigg wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Sometimes thats not a good representation though the demo refills , as i tried the demo of pinknoise essence and it doesnt show how great that refill is not at all , , pinknoise even state that , this was a question to people who may have tried it mr figg , not really for people to state things they are completely obvious .

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
MrFigg wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Sometimes thats not a good representation though the demo refills , as i tried the demo of pinknoise essence and it doesnt show how great that refill is not at all , , pinknoise even state that , this was a question to people who may have tried it mr figg , not really for people to state things they are completely obvious .
I wasn’t stating something that was completely obvious. I genuinely thought you may have missed the demo links. I won’t bother you again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

18 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
MrFigg wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Well I'm sorry then figgo 😐, i guess you should have worded it like , “in case you missed them there are some free demos that you could try out to gain some ideas sleep1979 my good old chum 😄

sleep1979

18 Apr 2019

I took “try them? As u dumb ass mofo 😂 u do get a lot of smart mouth people in groups or forums , i think normal answers are what people really want straight to the point

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
I took “try them? As u dumb ass mofo 😂 u do get a lot of smart mouth people in groups or forums , i think normal answers are what people really want straight to the point
Yeah. Well just a suggestion. Don’t read stuff into what people write. Assume the best. The majority of people on this forum help each other. But as I said, just a suggestion. You’ll save yourself a lot of energy.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

18 Apr 2019

MrFigg wrote:
18 Apr 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Yeah. Well just a suggestion. Don’t read stuff into what people write. Assume the best. The majority of people on this forum help each other. But as I said, just a suggestion. You’ll save yourself a lot of energy.
Well im feeling nice today figg so ill apologize 🙂friends ?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
MrFigg wrote:
18 Apr 2019

Well im feeling nice today figg so ill apologize 🙂friends ?
Of course :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Amazoundsamples

18 Apr 2019

Hello all, here you can find a nice collection of more than 35 fresh Refills that we were producing during these years https://www.amazound.com/refills

All sample based from a selection of great synth engines from the last four decades, packed into Combinators and NNXT patches, with a 24bit high resolution audio.

Here you can get some Refill demos without any restriction:

https://amazound.com/demos/K4_Amazound_rfl_Demo.zip
https://amazound.com/demos/Juno_Amazound_rfl_Demo.zip
https://amazound.com/demos/DW9000_Amazound_rfl_Demo.zip
https://amazound.com/demos/SuperBlue_Am ... l_Demo.zip

Hope you enjoy!

sleep1979

18 Apr 2019

Amazoundsamples wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Hello all, here you can find a nice collection of more than 35 fresh Refills that we were producing during these years https://www.amazound.com/refills

All sample based from a selection of great synth engines from the last four decades, packed into Combinators and NNXT patches, with a 24bit high resolution audio.

Here you can get some Refill demos without any restriction:

https://amazound.com/demos/K4_Amazound_rfl_Demo.zip
https://amazound.com/demos/Juno_Amazound_rfl_Demo.zip
https://amazound.com/demos/DW9000_Amazound_rfl_Demo.zip
https://amazound.com/demos/SuperBlue_Am ... l_Demo.zip

Hope you enjoy!
Amaz dude 🙂 ill try the demos later , having any sales soon ? I just wanted to see what the views were here on your refills man , thanks

sleep1979

18 Apr 2019

By the way do these all work in reason intro ?

Amazoundsamples

19 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
As Reason intro has all the instruments and effects used in these Refills, they should work without problem.

sleep1979

19 Apr 2019

Amazoundsamples wrote:
19 Apr 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
As Reason intro has all the instruments and effects used in these Refills, they should work without problem.
not true the superblue and the k4 combinators didn't work

Amazoundsamples

19 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
19 Apr 2019
Amazoundsamples wrote:
19 Apr 2019

Well, try with the NNXT patches, for the Combinators may be some module is missing in the intro version, best to use Reason full.

sleep1979

19 Apr 2019

Amazoundsamples wrote:
19 Apr 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
19 Apr 2019

Well, try with the NNXT patches, for the Combinators may be some module is missing in the intro version, best to use Reason full.
no i dont use reason full , 16 tracks is enough for me and i have a few vsts and a great refill from pinknoise studio essence , thanks anyway mate thought i would ask anyway

Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2019

FYI, we just had another big thread about copyright, infringement, and sampling from digital synthesizers in this forum. I did notice many Refills sold by Amazoundsamples are based on copyrighted sound recording and it is illegal to sell those samples, unless those have been licensed from Roland, Korg, and so on. I am 99.9% sure Roland would not allow that, but just in case that 0.01% chance apply, lets give the developer the benefit of a doubt so he can respond himself if a written license exists for the use of such copyrighted material.
The Refills based on pure analog synths are not in question here as they do not contain any copyright material (sound recording in a ROM).

If we do not hear back from Amazoundsamples then my assumption would be that anyone buying this is supporting copyright infringement. I'll give it a few days.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2019

I'm trolling a bit right now, please excuse me. But do you have a written license for the avatar picture you're using from the photographer, and in addition, clearance for editing the photo in certain way that the screen shows something it didn't initially show? Removed parts of it? Although laws differ from country to country, most of the time even non-commercial use of a picture you do not have licensed is copyright infringement.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2019

diminished wrote:
26 Apr 2019
I'm trolling a bit right now, please excuse me. But do you have a written license for the avatar picture you're using from the photographer, and in addition, clearance for editing the photo in certain way that the screen shows something it didn't initially show? Removed parts of it? Although laws differ from country to country, most of the time even non-commercial use of a picture you do not have licensed is copyright infringement.
There is a long thread about Softphonics viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7507209
And many users felt cheated to learn that they paid for stolen Native Instruments samples, and for professional use it can be a further complication if you use those sounds but do not hold a license.
The moderators have in the past removed posts with links to copyrighted material. Some owners of copyrighted material have requested such links to be removed from this forum since they never gave permission for the distribution of their material.
What do you think, should we endorse copyright infringement, or guard against it?

Maybe I feel a bit more about this subject at the moment because just recently I did a quick research how easy it is to find cracked software, and on one of these sites I saw users asking for a brand new plugin just days after it was released. It made me feel disgusted and I felt bad for the developers who put in the time and investment and the crack is being requested within hours of its release...

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2019

Boombastix wrote:
26 Apr 2019
diminished wrote:
26 Apr 2019
And many users felt cheated to learn that they paid for stolen Native Instruments samples, and for professional use it can be a further complication if you use those sounds but do not hold a license.
The moderators have in the past removed posts with links to copyrighted material. Some owners of copyrighted material have requested such links to be removed from this forum since they never gave permission for the distribution of their material.
What do you think, should we endorse copyright infringement, or guard against it?

Maybe I feel a bit more about this subject at the moment because just recently I did a quick research how easy it is to find cracked software, and on one of these sites I saw users asking for a brand new plugin just days after it was released. It made me feel disgusted and I felt bad for the developers who put in the time and investment and the crack is being requested within hours of its release...
Look I feel you and we should definitely speak out against piracy. But I also think we should not play sheriff and give anyone an ultimatum to prove their innocence. Not guilty until proven otherwise, remember? The proof of guilt is also not the defendant's job, it's the prosecutor's. And for the record, you are neither. Hence is why I think you're overstepping a line here. Also copyright laws vary widely from country to country, just saying.
I also felt a bit of hipocrisy regarding your user avatar. "It's just some random image from the internet" - right? Well, it is not. So I called you out on that double standard.
I don't mean to offend you, quite the opposite. I hope you take this the right way.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2019

Well, I did not respond to the avatar comment since I was not sure if you were kidding or not. But is it hurting Atari's business in any way? Am trying to profit from it or not? No and no. An avatar would probably fall under fair use anyhow. So let's try to keep this on the level where we actually talk about infractions that is costing originators monetary loss. I'm sure Propellerhead would have a thing or two to say if someone made a refill of the two Layers REs and offered it for $9 bucks or free, those type of things are the ones I think we can focus on, not "silly" stuff.

Then, to clear up a situation I think it is fair game to ask the person who holds a smoking gun. Alternatively it can also be reported to Roland so they can throw their layers on it. But if I was the one with the potentially infringing Refills I sure would prefer the opportunity to discuss in a forum and then decide to clean up my act or not, if there is a problem, rather than directly being exposed to Roland Corp. And I tried to be careful not to state this is a definite case of infringement, my comments was: "lets give the developer the benefit of a doubt so he can respond himself".

Do you have a better method?

Then I'd welcome that, and I'll listen to suggestions. I do agree with past actions of the moderators, and that is not to accept promotion/distribution of copyright infraction material here. This website also stand the risk to be exposed as a distributor of copyrighted material if it were to become commonplace, so there is also a point in protecting Reason Talk from this.

sleep1979

26 Apr 2019

Boombastix wrote:
26 Apr 2019
diminished wrote:
26 Apr 2019

Im with you i too bought sphere from soft phonics, i have in the past used cracked software and plug ins ( I haven’t for years) i buy my software now , but on occasion in the past , when there isn't a demo , i have downloaded them to try if i need too , and then paid if i liked it
, i get worried when i cant see someones face behind a webpage like an about me with a name of a photo , but then andrew skeltons one was out there wasn't it so you never can tell , i tend only to go for respectable reputations now , not ones with a website and no history , but then what made andrew skelton scarier is he was blatantly showing his face and doing it , thats more a foolish move in his part or maybe an arrogant one .

I feel more sorry for people cracking from the small developers ,
There usually nice guys and do you deals if you ask so yeah roland can probably handle it doesnt make it right though does it , ✌🏻

• Information