Discuss VST stuff here!
EdGrip

16 Apr 2019

Sean made a comprehensive Delay plugin!
https://valhalladsp.com/shop/delay/valhalladelay/

hurricane
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2019

I need another delay like the Rack Extension scene needs yet another CV utility.

But he makes good stuff.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Boombastix
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2019

hurricane wrote:
16 Apr 2019
I need another delay like the Rack Extension scene needs yet another CV utility.

But he makes good stuff.
And he forgot ducking. The Echo has it since (1899?). God lord... :lol:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

eusti

17 Apr 2019

Boombastix wrote:
17 Apr 2019
hurricane wrote:
16 Apr 2019

But he makes good stuff.
And he forgot ducking. The Echo has it since (1899?). God lord... :lol:
I totally agree about the ducking. Have come to super appreciate the Echo for that feature. :)

D.

EdGrip

18 Apr 2019

Yep! I also was disappointed to find no ducking feature. "It's fine, I can put it on a parallel channel and get an MClass compressor and..." nah, can't be bothered. There should be a knob for this. I might mention it to Sean.

Loque

18 Apr 2019

EdGrip wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Yep! I also was disappointed to find no ducking feature. "It's fine, I can put it on a parallel channel and get an MClass compressor and..." nah, can't be bothered. There should be a knob for this. I might mention it to Sean.
Yea, wondering that so few delays come with a build-in ducking...Its quite easy to build one, but man...i just want ducking and not ultra high class compressing stuff...

The Echo is still better and has more features than most other delays out there. It just lacks a cross-feedback, which i need to build on my own if needed. Wish this would be added somehow...
Reason12, Win10

diminished
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2019

Loque wrote:
18 Apr 2019
It just lacks a cross-feedback, which i need to build on my own if needed. Wish this would be added somehow...
What's that?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Loque

18 Apr 2019

diminished wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Loque wrote:
18 Apr 2019
It just lacks a cross-feedback, which i need to build on my own if needed. Wish this would be added somehow...
What's that?
It is feeding the echos of the left channel into the right and vice verse. There are a few patches in the FSB effects section which show the weird setup.

This is very usefull, if you want the echo of one side beeing re-echoed on the other...just a little bit...Can be very handy if you create reverbs with delay fx...and yea, often reverbs lack this feature too...

You can have some simple cross-ffedback with just crossing the breakouts on the back, or re-mixing this setup, or by using a mixer feedback loop with right->left/left->right feedback into the fx again.
Reason12, Win10

diminished
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2019

Loque wrote:
18 Apr 2019
diminished wrote:
18 Apr 2019

What's that?
It is feeding the echos of the left channel into the right and vice verse. There are a few patches in the FSB effects section which show the weird setup.

This is very usefull, if you want the echo of one side beeing re-echoed on the other...just a little bit...Can be very handy if you create reverbs with delay fx...and yea, often reverbs lack this feature too...

You can have some simple cross-ffedback with just crossing the breakouts on the back, or re-mixing this setup, or by using a mixer feedback loop with right->left/left->right feedback into the fx again.
Thanks for the explanation! That sounds like fun. I'm gonna experiment with that, maybe with some Polar and a phaser somewhere in between.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Boombastix
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2019

Loque wrote:
18 Apr 2019

The Echo is still better and has more features than most other delays out there. It just lacks a cross-feedback, which i need to build on my own if needed. Wish this would be added somehow...
It has break-outs, nuff said... Very hard to beat this unit. Maybe my old Ibanez HD-1000 beats it in the lo-fi department, but I sold it... But then Decimort on the inserts, sooo...

Boombastix
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2019

diminished wrote:
18 Apr 2019

Thanks for the explanation! That sounds like fun. I'm gonna experiment with that, maybe with some Polar and a phaser somewhere in between.
You may want to take a look at LeSpace. It is superb for the 80's style reverbs using complex echoes. I have not found any other unit RE/VST that can get these sounds.

EdGrip

21 Apr 2019

Bought it. It was the dirt and hiss and screaming feedback oscillation and weird reverbs and pitchy shimmers that got me.
Much Chemical Brothers potential.

EdGrip

24 Apr 2019

Sean from Valhalla DSP wrote a post at GearSlutz, which talks about the natural compander "ducking" at some settings.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=249
A few people have asked "why no ducking?" in ValhallaDelay. Part of the reason is that we wanted to have as simple a UI as possible, and you can always set up a ducking path in your DAW. A bigger reason, for me, is that I really love the "natural ducking" you can get out of these nonlinear delay systems. It's an organic sound, that you can't get by simply controlling the output volume of a delay, and it sounds super musical to my ears.

adfielding

24 Apr 2019

I really, really like Valhalla Delay. Without wishing to sound too pretentious, I think it has a musicality and a depth to it that I haven't really found in other soft-delays. I never use ducking so that's not really an issue for me, but overall I think it's fantastic.

EdGrip

24 Apr 2019

Definitely one of those "more of an instrument than an effect" things.
Plus I know I'm going to be using it with the delay set to zero for filth.

EnjoyRC

14 Oct 2019

Today, Valhalla Delay isn't showing in my Reason 11 Effects list. It shows up in all my other 64 bit DAWs.
Just reinstalled Valhalla Delay, didn't help.
Any ideas?

reggie1979

15 Oct 2019

no.

But I have to say, there is nothing like "echoboy" but if it's not showing up, you either have it in a wrong folder (doze) or haven't installed it properly.................

EnjoyRC

15 Oct 2019

It's installed properly. Sits right along side of ValhallaVintageVerb.vst which is working perfectly.

EdGrip

16 Oct 2019

It's working in my R11, and like you I have it installed in my VST folder alongside everything else. (VST 2.4, that is)

I suggest you get in touch with Sean Costello, the dev, either via the Valhalla website or on Twitter.

EnjoyRC

16 Oct 2019

Thanks for your replies. All fixed. Somewhere along the way, Valhalla Delay must have crashed upon scan. And the Reason Plug-In Manager had it disabled.
I Enabled it. Restarted Reason. It scanned it and now it's loaded and working properly.

EdGrip

02 Nov 2019

I... I think Valhalla Delay might be my favourite reverb plugin...

And I have Valhalla VintageVerb and Eventide Blackhole.

It does really good big black spaces.

EdGrip

02 Nov 2019

RE ducking - there are three new ducking modes coming to Valhalla Delay. From Sean on GS:

"About the ducking: my goal was to have a one knob ducker that "just works." It took me a long time to figure this out, but I am very happy with the results. There isn't any hidden threshold knob or release time setting, because it doesn't need it. Under the hood, the ducking uses several program dependent envelope followers, and gain computers with no thresholds - just continuous "soft knee" transitions into ducking for both feedback and output level."

"The next major update of ValhallaDelay will have the BBDuck mode. This is largely based on the Ibanez AD-150 that you can see in my stack o' delays, with some aspects of the Roland DC-10 in there. The main quality of the AD-150 and DC-10 is variable bandwidth. These units have anti-aliasing filters that track the delay time, so you always have the optimal filtering to prevent aliasing. The upshot of this is that short delays can be REALLY bright, while longer delays get darker. This gives you a really organic sound when sweeping the delay time."

BRIGGS

02 Nov 2019

TLDR

Why are Valhalla's GUIs sooo meh??? :roll: :?
r11s

dvdrtldg

03 Nov 2019

I really like their UIs

They're not big on wow factor, but always well laid out, user friendly and the mouseover descriptions of each function is a great touch

Breach The Sky

09 Nov 2019

Valhalla Delay, other than being a delay (obviously), is also an excellent sound coloring device when used at 100 mix and no feedback. You got tape, ehh.. better tape(?), really lofi digital sounds etc. Good stuff!

• Information