Virtual Bassist RE: In the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Boombastix
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2019

Peter Gorges wrote:
12 Apr 2019

The developer agrees to you! There's a lot going on and a lot of cases are covered in terms of string changes, note length, dynamics a.s.o., but essentially it's smart scripts!
It's intriguing to see what the Gorilla Engine has to offer (assuming they were made with GE). Would be cool if you can add more styles or make your own styles (drop in midi patterns?) and the smart scripting takes care of slide notes / twangs and such stuff.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Dante

12 Apr 2019

Do these basses have a drop 'D' ? I hate it when they don't - eg Reason Bass RE

Marco Raaphorst

12 Apr 2019

not cheap but I guess this is the best one ever: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/modobass/

joeyluck

12 Apr 2019

Dante wrote:
12 Apr 2019
Yes they do! :thumbs_up:

EnochLight

12 Apr 2019

Peter Gorges wrote:
12 Apr 2019
The developer agrees to you! There's a lot going on and a lot of cases are covered in terms of string changes, note length, dynamics a.s.o., but essentially it's smart scripts!
Hey Peter - fantastic work on the Rack Extension GUI/UX for these - they really look great!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

12 Apr 2019

Stay tuned for a very exciting opportunity involving these! More info to come later. Have fun getting to know them over the weekend :puf_smile:

EnochLight

12 Apr 2019

joeyluck wrote:
12 Apr 2019
Stay tuned for a very exciting opportunity involving these! More info to come later. Have fun getting to know them over the weekend :puf_smile:
I smell a contest brewing... :D :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ltbrunt00

12 Apr 2019

IK Multimedia's Modo bass and Waves Bass slapper are my goto bass for everything.

Since I have gotten my kids into reason intro I will more than likely buy a couple of these for my kids when they go on sale. For their computers thank god they built these as rack extensions. I don't have the time or energy to try to manage VSTs on their computers.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Peter Gorges

13 Apr 2019

Boombastix wrote:
12 Apr 2019
Peter Gorges wrote:
12 Apr 2019

It's intriguing to see what the Gorilla Engine has to offer (assuming they were made with GE). Would be cool if you can add more styles or make your own styles (drop in midi patterns?) and the smart scripting takes care of slide notes / twangs and such stuff.
Indeed, like all UJAM instruments, they‘re made with Gorilla Engine!
Thanks for the MIDI pattern proposal! We‘re often asked for MIDI drag‘n‘drop the other way round so will eventualky add that. Your idea makes sense imho!

Peter Gorges

13 Apr 2019

diminished wrote:
12 Apr 2019
Peter Gorges wrote:
12 Apr 2019

Moin Peter! The man himself. Keep up the good work, great job on those A-List devices. Did I win anything? :P

PS: too bad you're in Bremen, one of your current job offerings sounds intriguing. Greetings from Hamburg.
Moin „diminished“ - depending on the kind of job, Hamburg doesn‘t have to be a showstopper. You could try with our folks!

Dante

13 Apr 2019

joeyluck wrote:
12 Apr 2019
Dante wrote:
12 Apr 2019
Yes they do! :thumbs_up:
Coool - then instabuy - even tho I have Reason Bass RE already

SoulState

14 Apr 2019

"Mellow's" kinda inspiring. :cool:
Last edited by SoulState on 16 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

joeyluck

16 Apr 2019

EnochLight wrote:
12 Apr 2019
joeyluck wrote:
12 Apr 2019
I smell a contest brewing... :D :lol:
The bass battle has begun! :D
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7511756

Yonatan

18 Aug 2019

I see it´s the last day of a discount on UJAM Virtual Bassist. I have tried Mellow and liked it, and just begun testing out Royal and Rowdy. Mellow is my favourite as I have more ordinary sampled electric basses already which is ok soundwise. But these player-modes are fun to spark off some random inspiration or layering a basic ground for an idea. I was wondering if one could use One of these to trigger and link to a second RE, another of the Virtuals or Reason Bass RE for example. But I only see 2 CV connections and find the speciality of the Reason platform to be not as good with these at the moment, so I will have to pass on these until maybe an update. What are your thoughts about these basses?

I am aware of that EZBass is in the pipeline toward end of this year, but if one could sync these together in different combinations or layering or playing counterwise, as well as the Reason RE, it could be interesting results to come out.

moneykube

31 Dec 2021

what is the download size for these? Would like it on my 2nd machine for jamming outside studio but it is close to running out of space... might have gone for the Glasius DNA rack but way too big... anyone know? I am torn between mellow and rowdy... with mellow I could use one of many distortion devices to make it rowdy... or is that a mistaken assumption?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

challism

31 Dec 2021

moneykube wrote:
31 Dec 2021
what is the download size for these? Would like it on my 2nd machine for jamming outside studio but it is close to running out of space... might have gone for the Glasius DNA rack but way too big... anyone know? I am torn between mellow and rowdy... with mellow I could use one of many distortion devices to make it rowdy... or is that a mistaken assumption?
Mellow takes up 900MB (Hi-Res version). I'd guess that Rowdy and Royal probably take up the same (give or take).
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

moneykube

31 Dec 2021

challism wrote:
31 Dec 2021
Mellow takes up 900MB (Hi-Res version). I'd guess that Rowdy and Royal probably take up the same (give or take).
thank you very much :exclamation: :re: :clap: It says 831MB, as I download now. That should fit on the 2nd computer without reducing speed of its operation. I am just under 50 gb open... when under 50 GB I noticed a slow down in function. I might have to free up a little more space if it slows down with this extra hard disk space used. :?: But it is pretty streamlined already.

motuscott

01 Jan 2022

There's no substitute for going all Jocko on a $200 bass. Happy accidents!
for everything else, there's prolly a RE
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Creativemind

01 Jan 2022

motuscott wrote:
01 Jan 2022
"prolly"? there's no such word. it's "an" Re by the way. Yes I am the grammar police. Lol!

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

motuscott

01 Jan 2022

I'm not gonna fight with you here in front of everyone about prolly being a word, I'm from the south Sir!
Also, "an RE", how does that work?
I communicate only in text, cos I'm a misspeaking mofo. Need many edits

joeyluck

01 Jan 2022

moneykube wrote:
31 Dec 2021
Mellow is the upright bass. Not that you can't put distortion on it. Maybe you'd rather compare Royal and Rowdy? I think you'll find differences in the basslines as well. Then you also have instrument mode to play your own basslines...

The included effects are great. I wish they would release guitar and bass amp plugins.

moneykube

01 Jan 2022

joeyluck wrote:
01 Jan 2022
Mellow is the upright bass. Not that you can't put distortion on it. Maybe you'd rather compare Royal and Rowdy? I think you'll find differences in the basslines as well. Then you also have instrument mode to play your own basslines...
The included effects are great. I wish they would release guitar and bass amp plugins.
I asked my question too late... saw your post I figured I would get Rowdy as well as Mellow (which I bought last night on sale for 39 dollars) ... I went to the RS site after reading what you wrote> looks like the sale is over for Rowdy. I am not able to afford 139 Canadian for the option of having rowdy... so my distortion / and amp sims will have to do, should I need some extra crunch. Listening to the demos, I like the sound of mellow the best.... Rowdy was my second choice. I have the reason bass rack as well as the new bass generator from RS.... I picked up real bass from the pawn shop recently as well. I can play both guitar and bass so I think my bass needs are covered :clap: :thumbs_up: :cool:
( likely for the best as my portable studio computer is running out of room anyways :puf_wink: )

Creativemind

04 Jan 2022

motuscott wrote:
01 Jan 2022
I'm not gonna fight with you here in front of everyone about prolly being a word, I'm from the south Sir!
Also, "an RE", how does that work?
I communicate only in text, cos I'm a misspeaking mofo. Need many edits
It's an Re or a Rack Extension. :thumbup:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

challism

04 Jan 2022

Creativemind wrote:
01 Jan 2022
motuscott wrote:
01 Jan 2022
"prolly"? there's no such word. it's "an" Re by the way. Yes I am the grammar police. Lol!
Starting the new year off right by issuing citations for grammatical violations, I see. Very good.

So, the "a/an" argument can be decided depending upon what the person says when they read "RE" as there are a few valid choices. It boils down to the way someone is pronouncing the acronym RE: Are they saying ""are E," "Rack Extension," or "Re" (as in "reply", not as in "redrum")? Granted, the third one is weird, but someone could very well be reading "Rack Extension" in their mind when they see it abbreviated to "RE"; in such cases, the "a" would be appropriate. "An" would only be required for the first example, as it is preceding a vowel sound. That is the important take away here - the vowel sound, not the actual letter.

Most forum members prolly don't care, anyway. ;)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

motuscott

04 Jan 2022

You folks know me, always spoiling for a fight
Almost any cause will do.

• Information