Virtual Bassist RE: In the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2019

Give it 6 months and you’ll get them in Deal of the Week for €27 for all three. Just like the drum ones.
...or does that sound cynical.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Soeno

11 Apr 2019

good sounds but a lot of money

SalvadorDeluxe

11 Apr 2019

Save your money and wait for Toontrack's EZBass.
Nintendo 64 // Minesweeper // Rotary Telephones

Yonatan

11 Apr 2019

Wow, been waiting on that. Notice that the look is much more like the VST ones.
Great to be able to try them out for 30 days.
Last edited by Yonatan on 11 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

diminished
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2019

Quick PSA for anyone with the time and dedication necessary:
199€ and you get a decent beginner bass, on the used market even with an amp.
I know, it needs space in your room and you need to learn playing it. But it's a lot of fun and very rewarding!

(Disclaimer: I'm guilty of owning all A-List RE :P)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

emasters

11 Apr 2019

After the last UJam release where they were initially expensive (like these are), then available for $19 a couple months later - best to wait. I've learned my lesson purchasing their products.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Apr 2019
I know, it needs space in your room and you need to learn playing it. But it's a lot of fun and very rewarding!

Well... A Studer intro violin costs 150. A nice sax from Amazon costs 250, and a flute about the same. And i could go on and on about any other instrument. Do you play them all? Did you say that about every other kind of VST's and Re's that are instruments? Why buy the VST if you can learn that???? Well... I'll buy it cause i don't have to learn it!

mcatalao
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2019

Yonatan wrote:
11 Apr 2019
Wow, been waiting on that. Notice that the look is much more like the VST ones.
Great to be able to try them out for 30 days.
That's because they are UJAM devices, these are not A-List's (made by UJAM for propellerheads).

Jmax

11 Apr 2019

I really like this. Well designed and beautiful GUI. A nice bass line can make a whole track or give you a great starting point. Lay down some nice Rhodes on top and your set. I may pick this up when there's a big sale.

diminished
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2019

mcatalao wrote:
11 Apr 2019
diminished wrote:
11 Apr 2019

Well... A Studer intro violin costs 150. A nice sax from Amazon costs 250, and a flute about the same. And i could go on and on about any other instrument. Do you play them all? Did you say that about every other kind of VST's and Re's that are instruments? Why buy the VST if you can learn that???? Well... I'll buy it cause i don't have to learn it!
Would you please re-read my post. We're on the same page. All I'm saying is that bass guitar is fun, cheap - also the easiest to learn of the ones you mentioned.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

aeox
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Apr 2019

I've got a bass guitar actually :D

Yea, great fun!

esselfortium

11 Apr 2019

Looking at the features list, I'm wondering what is actually meant by "AI articulation modeling"?
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

diminished
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2019

esselfortium wrote:
11 Apr 2019
Looking at the features list, I'm wondering what is actually meant by "AI articulation modeling"?
My guess is that it's a bunch of "smart" scripts for round robins, slide sounds etc that are not totally out of place depending on what key you're "playing" in. For example if you have a note interval that is played on two strings, it doesn't make any sense to include slide sounds. Because you don't slide down to that note, you use another string. Does that make sense?
But of course, only the developer knows.

PGR

11 Apr 2019

Since Reason 1 I have missed a good acoustic double bass. Here it is

boingy

11 Apr 2019

The VST's are pretty good. And cheaper, usually.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2019

PGR wrote:
11 Apr 2019
Since Reason 1 I have missed a good acoustic double bass. Here it is
Actually the acoustic bass on Reason's refill never let me down... :)

joeyluck

11 Apr 2019

boingy wrote:
11 Apr 2019
The VST's are pretty good. And cheaper, usually.
The VSTs are good, but not true about pricing...

The VSTs have a regular price of $129/each and are not on sale right now.

The REs have a regular price of $99/each and have an intro price right now of $75/each.
So you currently save about $54 individually with the RE version over the VST.

There have been some giveaways of UJAM VSTs as partnership promotions, but other sales between their shop and the Propellerhead shop have for the most part been run concurrently.

arqui

11 Apr 2019

I like this Re a lot!!! the demos and video, sounds very good...
an undeniable source of inspiration
it's my opinion...
Good for Ujam !!!
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

eusti

11 Apr 2019

I have Rowdy as VST and really like it. I oftentimes convert it to audio, the to midi to get some synth bass ideas.

D.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2019

eusti wrote:
11 Apr 2019
I have Rowdy as VST and really like it. I oftentimes convert it to audio, the to midi to get some synth bass ideas.

D.
They should incorporate a drop in your own bass sample as a feature. Or make a UJAM synth bass player, with patterns play, sample drop-in and perhaps even drop in your own midi patterns, but wait, maybe that is what Toontrack will be close of doing with EZ Bass since Easy Keys lets you add your own midi. Hmmm, we'll see...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

BananaSkins

12 Apr 2019

SalvadorDeluxe wrote:
11 Apr 2019
Save your money and wait for Toontrack's EZBass.

EZBass Tentative release: Q4 2019 ;)

Peter Gorges

12 Apr 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Apr 2019
esselfortium wrote:
11 Apr 2019
My guess is that it's a bunch of "smart" scripts for round robins, slide sounds etc that are not totally out of place depending on what key you're "playing" in. For example if you have a note interval that is played on two strings, it doesn't make any sense to include slide sounds. Because you don't slide down to that note, you use another string. Does that make sense?
The developer agrees to you! There's a lot going on and a lot of cases are covered in terms of string changes, note length, dynamics a.s.o., but essentially it's smart scripts!

diminished
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2019

Peter Gorges wrote:
12 Apr 2019
diminished wrote:
11 Apr 2019

The developer agrees to you! There's a lot going on and a lot of cases are covered in terms of string changes, note length, dynamics a.s.o., but essentially it's smart scripts!
Moin Peter! The man himself. Keep up the good work, great job on those A-List devices. Did I win anything? :P

PS: too bad you're in Bremen, one of your current job offerings sounds intriguing. Greetings from Hamburg.

• Information