Softube Tube Tech Collection Rent to Own

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Natifix

09 Apr 2019

I swear I seen this item on the 5 new added items advertisement but then it was quickly removed and changed to 4 items added to rto list.

Anyone else notice this? Anyone have word on if the tube tech collection will be making it back to the rto list?

motuscott

09 Apr 2019

tube tech collection rent to own: my grandchildren will be so pleased,
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Loque

09 Apr 2019

Yea it was.
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

09 Apr 2019

Be careful considering it a collection, as all the plugins are combined into one very large Rack Extension.

I always lean towards getting the Rack Extension version of a plugin, but in this case, if Softube's Tube-Tech was of interest to me, I would definitely grab the VST versions instead. Not only for screen real estate and workflow efficiency, but because the single RE version also doesn't have CV on the back panel, so it doesn't offer much that is unique. It does sit in the Reason Rack, but at quite an expense of space. If you want just an EQ or the compressor, you have to deal with the whole thing in the rack.

[EDIT] it appears they no longer sell the individual VST plugins, but you can get the compressor collection or the EQ collection separately, or complete collection of VSTs.

I suppose the RE is about $100 cheaper than the complete VST bundle, although you can probably catch the bundle on sale at some point. And in lieu of rent-to-own, you can buy the individual VST plugin bundles...

Also, as an alternative for the EQs, definitely consider Kuassa's MP5 https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... equalizer/ which for most, it's hard to discern any difference. It sounds great and it's on sale now for $29.

Then you just need an opto compressor if you are aiming for the full Tube-Tech channel, which you could get the Softube VST compressor collection on sale now for $179. In lieu of the CL-1B, I actually use the RE-2A/CA-2A; different opto compressor based on LA-2A, but gets me great results. Unfortunately it's not available at the moment (maybe again in the future). But honestly, most of what I found I liked about Tube-Tech was the Pultec EQ, which the MP5 answers that :thumbs_up:

PadShifta

14 Apr 2019

I´ve also noticed that they still use the picture showing 5 new REs in the "rent-to-own" category but the big blue one kept missing the rent-to-own-button in the shop. Felt so wrong - I´ve been waiting for Softube´s Blue Monster to hit any Sale at all for ages now and it finally felt like I could afford it - FINALLY!!! But.... :thumbs_down:
I´m not going to express any more feelings on this matter here but I just hope that it will magically pop up in the shop again with the "rent -to-own-button" next to it. :thumbs_up:
Pultec missing.png
Pultec missing.png (434.32 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
missing pultech.png
missing pultech.png (291.72 KiB) Viewed 2805 times

two shoes

14 Apr 2019

the Softube Tube Tech plugins are some of my all time favorite plugins - they were my go-to channel strip for any type of acoustic or vocal source for years, but why anyone would consider paying the insane $350 Propshop price for them at this point is beyond me. Softube is on record that they have no intention of every touching any of their REs again, not even to update them to the mkii versions that all their VSTs have been updated to. I'm not buying anything else from Softube unless they reverse this decision and update their overpriced REs to mkii but if you must have them why wouldn't you get the VST versions that come with the new and old versions, many new features, hi-res GUIs, individual devices that you can place in any order - oh and they're much cheaper too.

boingy

15 Apr 2019

Softube stuff has always seemed very overpriced for what it is. I got a few of their VSTs free with my Focusrite interface and they are just OK rather than spectacular, certainly not worth the top dollar they are priced at. But you pays yer money and you makes yer choice.

Loque

15 Apr 2019

boingy wrote:
15 Apr 2019
Softube stuff has always seemed very overpriced for what it is. I got a few of their VSTs free with my Focusrite interface and they are just OK rather than spectacular, certainly not worth the top dollar they are priced at. But you pays yer money and you makes yer choice.
Agree. TubeTech is good, not spectacular which could be expected for 350 bucks. Wouldn't buy it again. The other devices I have from them are OK... Wouldn't buy them again either.

Saturation knob is great on the other side. One of the best devices from Softube. One of the most used devices on my the side.
Reason12, Win10

Bonkhead

16 Apr 2019

"definitely consider Kuassa's MP5 " x2 :thumbs_up:

I did a test vs the tubetech and nulled it.
Screen space is better with MP5 and I don't use the compressor.
And the price ..... If I would ever get the tubetech RE it would be at a 50% sale in may or friday.
Rent to own that is just a waste of money.

I like the other softube stuff, sat knob, tsar and FET. Got those last two at sales aswell :mrgreen:

Loque

16 Apr 2019

Bonkhead wrote:
16 Apr 2019
"definitely consider Kuassa's MP5 " x2 :thumbs_up:

I did a test vs the tubetech and nulled it.
Screen space is better with MP5 and I don't use the compressor.
And the price ..... If I would ever get the tubetech RE it would be at a 50% sale in may or friday.
Rent to own that is just a waste of money.

I like the other softube stuff, sat knob, tsar and FET. Got those last two at sales aswell :mrgreen:
Ah yea, FET is very good. TSAR is a good reverb, but i tend more and more to convolution reverbs.
Reason12, Win10

reddust

16 Apr 2019

I've been months if not years looking after FET, missed the sale several times or it wasn't just as high in my priority list to have money for it after expending it on other plugins, but I haven't seen a compressor that does such a noticeable and nice effect on tracks as this so far, so it's still on my list of future purchases.

motuscott

16 Apr 2019

Bonkhead wrote:
16 Apr 2019
I like the other softube stuff, sat knob, tsar and FET. :mrgreen:
Agreed. Them's some first class plug ons.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Loque

16 Apr 2019

reddust wrote:
16 Apr 2019
I've been months if not years looking after FET, missed the sale several times or it wasn't just as high in my priority list to have money for it after expending it on other plugins, but I haven't seen a compressor that does such a noticeable and nice effect on tracks as this so far, so it's still on my list of future purchases.
If you are looking for the All-In effect, you can try FRG which gets quite close.
Reason12, Win10

dvdrtldg

16 Apr 2019

I trialled Tubetech a while ago and liked it, would have purchased but I found I was getting much the same results with Kuassa MP5 and RE-2A

Slightly off topic but I picked up Softube's Summit Audio Grand Channel last year for an unbelievable $20 and that right there is a sweeeeeeet EQ

reddust

17 Apr 2019

Loque wrote:
16 Apr 2019
reddust wrote:
16 Apr 2019
If you are looking for the All-In effect, you can try FRG which gets quite close.
Thanks, I'll research on that RE, would be nice to have a more affordable alternative to FET, so maybe I'm lucky with this one :)

Boombastix
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2019

You guys need to look at this [$29 for just a few days]:
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... nnelx.html

If Waves even had this stuff it would be 3x $29 at best... If you NEED a channel strip and sleep on this, well...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

two shoes

21 Apr 2019

Boombastix wrote:
19 Apr 2019
You guys need to look at this [$29 for just a few days]:
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... nnelx.html

If Waves even had this stuff it would be 3x $29 at best... If you NEED a channel strip and sleep on this, well...
I def don't "need" a channel strip but after listening to some demos I bought this immediatly - it's a fantastic value at $29. Really good modeled preamps that don't cost an arm and a leg are one of the few types of plugins that the market isn't completely saturated with. Thanks for the heads up!

Natifix

06 Sep 2019

I emaild Reason about this but havent had a reply yet, its been a few months :/

On a side note, https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... essor.html is available for 300 some bucks

O1B

06 Sep 2019

FET and TSAR-1. Very Nice Tools, imo.

The FET is Proper on Drums... I don't know if you've seen this, but, it has the Qualities of an EQ/Filter and Distortion Box.

There's a TSAR-1 meets FET moment in the Video [1m06s]

reddust wrote:
16 Apr 2019

reddust

10 Sep 2019

O1B wrote:
06 Sep 2019
FET and TSAR-1. Very Nice Tools, imo.

The FET is Proper on Drums... I don't know if you've seen this, but, it has the Qualities of an EQ/Filter and Distortion Box.

There's a TSAR-1 meets FET moment in the Video [1m06s]

Oh yeah, I know that video and I love it, I really like what this FET compressor is capable to do. I hope we get some sale in the next black friday or christmas

• Information