Anyone use Speo’s Trust Synth?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2019

Ive been using it more and more. Getting some really cool Portishead sounding noises out of it. I don’t like the zap so that just stays in the middle.
Anybody else got anything to say about it?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

modecca

28 Mar 2019

i can buy 9 cool things from the 99 cent store for the same price and just use thor rather than be stuck in a loop of buying things that look different yet do the same things pre reason 6 could do.
🔗💥

Adabler
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2019

I have it but can't say I've used it much. I think I remember the developer saying they are planning more similar devices, but it has been a while.
Last edited by Adabler on 28 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2019

modecca wrote:
28 Mar 2019
i can buy 9 cool things from the 99 cent store for the same price and just use thor rather than be stuck in a loop of buying things that look different yet do the same things pre reason 6 could do.
Aaa...I bought one pizza instead of two and used the money I saved to buy Trust. I can see the appeal in 9 cool things from the 99 cent store however. Unfortunately we don’t have one near us :(.
I don’t know which knobs and buttons to press on Thor to make the same sounds so the 4 on Trust give me that instant Portishead...and I lost weight into the bargain ha ha.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reddust

28 Mar 2019

I have it too, one of my first purchases when I got Reason over a year ago and I think I used it on at least one song already, and will surely be using it again in the near future so it was worth to prescind from half a pizza and 5 cool things from the 99 cent shop for it already :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2019

reddust wrote:
28 Mar 2019
I have it too, one of my first purchases when I got Reason over a year ago and I think I used it on at least one song already, and will surely be using it again in the near future so it was worth to prescind from half a pizza and 5 cool things from the 99 cent shop for it already :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

28 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2019
reddust wrote:
28 Mar 2019
f

8 ( uk so its pounds here ) 8 bags of cookies from the 99 pence shop ) plus i'll have 8 pence change or i could buy another synth i really dont need that id probably ask props to remove
coz i dont need or want it anymore ( 99 pence cookies instead please)
:lol: i think figlet ( mr figgs ) buys something new every few days ) do we really need all those cookies no we want them , and when were fat we will moan about it .
Last edited by sleep1979 on 28 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
28 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2019

f

8 ( uk so its pounds here ) 8 bags of cookies ) plus 8 pence change or a useless synth i really dont need that id probably ask props to remove coz i dont need or want it anymore ( cookies please) i think figlet ( mr figgs ) buys something new every few days ) do we really need all those cookies no we want them , and when were fat we will moan about it .
Huh?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

28 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
28 Mar 2019
f

8 ( uk so its pounds here ) 8 bags of cookies ) plus 8 pence change or a useless synth i really dont need that id probably ask props to remove coz i dont need or want it anymore ( cookies please) i think figlet ( mr figgs ) buys something new every few days ) do we really need all those cookies no we want them , and when were fat we will moan about it .
Huh?
i changed it im a bit dyslexic when i type on my phone ( no thats n general oh well lol

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
28 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2019

Huh?
i changed it im a bit dyslexic when i type on my phone ( no thats n general oh well lol
Huh? Changed what?
I’m more confused about you writing that you “think” I buy something every few days. What is it you “think” I’ve bought?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

28 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
28 Mar 2019

Huh? Changed what?
I’m more confused about you writing that you “think” I buy something every few days. What is it you “think” I’ve bought?
i changed my last comment figsby :-)
i cant tell you what i think you bought just that you may or may not have bought it

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
28 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2019

Huh? Changed what?
i cant tell you what i think you bought just that you may or may not have bought it
Uuuuh!! Ok?!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

28 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
28 Mar 2019

Uuuuh!! Ok?!
:-)

aeox
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2019

modecca wrote:
28 Mar 2019
Basically this.

If you're going to make such a single-minded device, it must be creative/unique such as the devices from Noise Engineering.

Or do creative but simple color/saturation/distortion devices. Can't get enough of those!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2019

aeox wrote:
28 Mar 2019
modecca wrote:
28 Mar 2019
Basically this.

If you're going to make such a single-minded device, it must be creative/unique such as the devices from Noise Engineering.

Or do creative but simple color/saturation/distortion devices. Can't get enough of those!
I hear you. Really I do. But with that said, I bought Little LFO for €9 when it came out, also arguably a single-minded device , but I really like it. (It’s actually free now in case you missed it).
Thinking a bit more Little LFO is NOT a single- minded device at all. It’s cool as F :).
Trust is pretty much a SMD. Just got caught up in the Portisheadedness.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

modecca

29 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2019
aeox wrote:
28 Mar 2019

Basically this.

I hear you. Really I do. But with that said, I bought Little LFO for €9 when it came out, also arguably a single-minded device , but I really like it. (It’s actually free now in case you missed it).
Thinking a bit more Little LFO is NOT a single- minded device at all. It’s cool as F :).
Trust is pretty much a SMD. Just got caught up in the Portisheadedness.
little lfo kicks ass
🔗💥

Se7en

29 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2019
I didn't even know about this but I bought today! The focused sine tones are perfect for my music and I'm a big fan of minimalism.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2019

Se7en wrote:
29 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2019
I didn't even know about this but I bought today! The focused sine tones are perfect for my music and I'm a big fan of minimalism.
Exactly that. It’s the simplicity that I like.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Se7en

31 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
30 Mar 2019
Exactly that. It’s the simplicity that I like.
It's a shame that one synth EP thread lost steam otherwise I'm quite sure I would've set out to do a few tracks. It would be more of a processing feat for me through a wormhole of minimalism as opposed to writing outstanding pretty melodies with the buttery sounds of a more capable synth.

Lots of fun exploring iZotope Trash 2 a little more with this sine generator. Just a great concept for people to explore their processing capabilities in a world of boring synthesizer enthusiasm.

A song challenge would've been interesting.

Data_Shrine

31 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2019
Ive been using it more and more. Getting some really cool Portishead sounding noises out of it. I don’t like the zap so that just stays in the middle.
What's so Portishead-y about this synth ? Is it because of the simple sine wave sound ? I'm thinking about the sine wave sound in Humming.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Apr 2019

Data_Shrine wrote:
31 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
28 Mar 2019
What's so Portishead-y about this synth ? Is it because of the simple sine wave sound ? I'm thinking about the sine wave sound in Humming.
I got it sounding like a hammer dulcimer.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information