trump

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
avasopht
Competition Winner

21 Mar 2019

guitfnky wrote:
17 Mar 2019
gullum wrote:
17 Feb 2019
that people believe and still follow Trump only prove how good a liar and manipulator he really is
that’s one interpretation. there’s another angle you could look at it from though. it’s a depressing one though...
Please do share ... I have a similar sentiment

guitfnky

21 Mar 2019

avasopht wrote:
21 Mar 2019
guitfnky wrote:
17 Mar 2019

that’s one interpretation. there’s another angle you could look at it from though. it’s a depressing one though...
to put it as politely as I can...huge swaths of voters are ill-informed, uninterested in knowing the truth, or not very bright. or some combination thereof.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

jappe

21 Mar 2019

guitfnky wrote:
21 Mar 2019
avasopht wrote:
21 Mar 2019

to put it as politely as I can...huge swaths of voters are ill-informed, uninterested in knowing the truth, or not very bright. or some combination thereof.
I think there's people on all sides with tendencies to following strong leaders based on instinct/gut feeling rather than the need to check all facts.
Leaders &followers, that's how we developed as a species.

It's a problem with ill-informed voters.
Another problem is the impact of media.
It's easy to get misinformed by both MSM and non-MSM, depending on our media consumption pattern.
There are agendas in all directions.

guitfnky

21 Mar 2019

jappe wrote:
21 Mar 2019
guitfnky wrote:
21 Mar 2019

I think there's people on all sides with tendencies to following strong leaders based on instinct/gut feeling rather than the need to check all facts.

It's easy to get misinformed by both MSM and non-MSM, depending on our media consumption pattern.
totally agree with this. I just have very low patience for people who willfully ignore information that’s readily available just because it disagrees with one’s chosen worldview.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

jappe

21 Mar 2019

guitfnky wrote:
21 Mar 2019
jappe wrote:
21 Mar 2019

totally agree with this. I just have very low patience for people who willfully ignore information that’s readily available just because it disagrees with one’s chosen worldview.
Very understandable, frustrating indeed.

I've learned to better tolerate more benign dogmatism over the years. It just strikes me that there's a diversity of people who by nature are more or less dogmatic.
I too can have a tendency towards dogmatism, so bit of a self-insight too.

I guess there's some reason for this trait to have survived evolution.

minilog

21 Mar 2019

A Mexican co-worker complained to me (white unregistered voter) this morning about a black guy co-worker being a Trump supporter. He thinks I have a side in this because we watch CNN in the morning while I'm trying to kill time. The punchline? I know a Mexican Trump supporter at my job too. You're all being played no matter how much you think you know.

modecca

21 Mar 2019

make america great again!

🔗💥

minilog

22 Mar 2019

modecca wrote:
21 Mar 2019

modecca

22 Mar 2019

minilog wrote:
22 Mar 2019
modecca wrote:
21 Mar 2019
That dude is for real right there.
With Kanye though, I am on the fence in regards to the question, does he really support Trump, or is he just being controversial?
🔗💥

reddust

22 Mar 2019

Is it me or is there a connection between a guy who has made his money empire in the real estate and construction branch wanting to build a fence as big as the Great China Wall?

EdGrip

24 Mar 2019

Here in the UK, we've been thoroughly testing the idea that people are basically stupid and would vote to have their own faces eaten by leopards if you gave them the chance.
We'll let you know our findings in due course.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2019

EdGrip wrote:
24 Mar 2019
Here in the UK, we've been thoroughly testing the idea that people are basically stupid and would vote to have their own faces eaten by leopards if you gave them the chance.
We'll let you know our findings in due course.
The day I found out about Brexit I phoned migrationsverket here in Sweden and asked if it would affect me. They said yes so I asked how. They said they didn’t know. So I applied for Swedish citizenship straight away. Two weeks and €150 later I was a Swede. Now, a long time after, all the UK nationals here are frantically applying and the waiting list for processing is over two years. So yeah...if that doesn’t say something about their stupidity I don’t know what does. Incidentally, no one in Scotland voted for Brexit so that maybe tells you something more :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

demt

06 Jan 2020

hurrah 4 america and trump, my trousers are returned, good shot etc etc

the ability to retailiate is proven!!!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

fullforce

06 Jan 2020

Trump is doing great.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Zac

06 Jan 2020

I am so appalled by the lack of condemnation by my government (UK). How far does the US have to go before it becomes too shameful to ignore.

If Russia had done this the world would be in uproar.

The lack of response to the annexing of Crimea was just as shameful.

Seems the US and Russia can do as they please. This is obviously true in the military sense but surely more countries should be politically objecting to flagrant abuse of power.

orthodox
RE Developer

06 Jan 2020

Zac wrote:
06 Jan 2020
The lack of response to the annexing of Crimea was just as shameful.
I'd just like to note that we didn't force or kill anyone. People chose to return their region to Russia, as provided by UN Charter right for self-determination. As for that annexation talk, it's just an interpretation of some technical aspects.

Zac

06 Jan 2020

It was a mistake for me to express my views here. It serves no purpose and will only antagonise. We all have our views, all equally inconsequential. So I humbly withdraw.

orthodox
RE Developer

06 Jan 2020

"Nobody's gonna hurt anybody. We're gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like?"

• Information