Rob papen predator

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
eXode

13 Mar 2019

Boombastix wrote:
13 Mar 2019
eXode wrote:
08 Mar 2019

Antidote was removed from Rig 3, it was in Rig 2 though, iirc.
Hey eXode, your patches that comes with RP Quad are fantastic. Do you have more Quad patches to share/sell somewhere?
Thanks. I'm afraid that's all I got. :)

scratchnsnifff

18 Mar 2019

eXode wrote:
13 Mar 2019
Boombastix wrote:
13 Mar 2019

Hey eXode, your patches that comes with RP Quad are fantastic. Do you have more Quad patches to share/sell somewhere?
On the note of 3rd party presets. Have you thought of making any sample packs they are aimed at wavetables? I think it would be cool to see a pack of some sounds that are meant for expanse, Europa, grain or any other synths that are to come.
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

sleep1979

18 Mar 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
18 Mar 2019
eXode wrote:
13 Mar 2019

On the note of 3rd party presets. Have you thought of making any sample packs they are aimed at wavetables? I think it would be cool to see a pack of some sounds that are meant for expanse, Europa, grain or any other synths that are to come.
Pinknoise is making one for europa comea out soon

dvdrtldg

18 Mar 2019

challism wrote:
06 Mar 2019
It's an oldie, but a goodie, as they say. Very versatile and it comes with like 3000 presets or something crazy.
I like Predator but that number of presets is a minus for me, not a plus

sleep1979

18 Mar 2019

dvdrtldg wrote:
18 Mar 2019
challism wrote:
06 Mar 2019
It's an oldie, but a goodie, as they say. Very versatile and it comes with like 3000 presets or something crazy.
I like Predator but that number of presets is a minus for me, not a plus
I didnt bother getting it i feel the same and a lot of them are not my cup of tea im getting to know thor instead and nnxt

dvdrtldg

18 Mar 2019

I'm not anti-presets. I generally prefer to program sounds from the ground up - but there are definitely times when inspiration fails, and it can be great to scroll through a few presets to kick start the creative process again. But when I'm faced with literally thousands to choose from, the experience can be sort of nauseating, like a giant all you can eat buffet. Rob Papen is a serial offender but I kind of feel the same way about those Lectric Panda procedurally generated patches. They're cool and all, but maybe give us a hundred rather than seventeen billion

challism

19 Mar 2019

dvdrtldg wrote:
18 Mar 2019
I'm not anti-presets. I generally prefer to program sounds from the ground up - but there are definitely times when inspiration fails, and it can be great to scroll through a few presets to kick start the creative process again. But when I'm faced with literally thousands to choose from, the experience can be sort of nauseating, like a giant all you can eat buffet. Rob Papen is a serial offender but I kind of feel the same way about those Lectric Panda procedurally generated patches. They're cool and all, but maybe give us a hundred rather than seventeen billion
Odd to complain about being given too much. I'm all in favor of having all seventeen billion. Those who feel overwhelmed by that many can go thru and pick out 100 and save them to a special folder. I'm not even a preset guy. I like to go thru them to see what inspiration comes, but half the fun of making music is designing my own sounds. Presets aren't the most important thing by a long shot, but I wouldn't ask a developer to give me fewer of them. By all means Rob Papen and Lectric Panda, please keep being serial offenders of giving us too many patches. :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

boingy

19 Mar 2019

For me there is no such thing as "too many presets". I'd love more synths to have a "select a random preset" button to take me off my sometimes predictable path. I'm happy to fiddle with a few knobs to tweak a preset but most synths are now way too complicated for me to program from scratch. So just gimme a million presets and I'll find something I want within a dozen clicks or so. RP and LP, please carry on with the preset-fest!

eXode

19 Mar 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
18 Mar 2019
I have thought about it, yes. But I have no firm plans at the moment. :|

sleep1979

19 Mar 2019

challism wrote:
19 Mar 2019
dvdrtldg wrote:
18 Mar 2019
Odd to complain about being given too much. I'm all in favor of having all seventeen billion. Those who feel overwhelmed by that many can go thru and pick out 100 and save them to a special folder. I'm not even a preset guy. I like to go thru them to see what inspiration comes, but half the fun of making music is designing my own sounds. Presets aren't the most important thing by a long shot, but I wouldn't ask a developer to give me fewer of them. By all means Rob Papen and Lectric Panda, please keep being serial offenders of giving us too many patches. :)
Quality over quantity sometimes man its better i think having less and having to change stuff you have will make u spend less time on preset surfing and more time on music for m anyway
Seaching

scratchnsnifff

19 Mar 2019

eXode wrote:
19 Mar 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
18 Mar 2019
I have thought about it, yes. But I have no firm plans at the moment. :|
I would find it very useful! For instance the Xtables in expanse, or a line of wavetables that are similar to the gritty 1-3 in the PH wavetables. I find that some tables need a hard clip mode. Otherwise the table looks very weak and it’s hard to find the right position. This is what makes all of the expanse tables so useful, and why I think it would be popular:) I think everyone likes making their own FM setups so extra tables would be even more handy. Thanks either way! Btw I need to check out your latest refills. Mad props on the older dubstep and antidote packs I love your way of sound design

moneykube

19 Mar 2019

old but good... one need not delve into the presets if that is how they work... nice starting points for others... same with quad and go2
I like tweaking presets if I find one close to my vision of what is needed in song
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

sleep1979

13 Jun 2019

Funny to look back isnt it i missed two months of paying for it and now decided im gonna carry on with it lol , love the ambient presets

djadalaide

14 Jun 2019

To be honest, i was blown away by Go2 when i got it with rigs 4. Its one of the best sounding synths in the reason rack.

sleep1979

14 Jun 2019

djadalaide wrote:
14 Jun 2019
To be honest, i was blown away by Go2 when i got it with rigs 4. Its one of the best sounding synths in the reason rack.
Really i much prefer the sound of predator

To go2

scratchnsnifff

14 Jun 2019

Predator is one of my favorites!

It was the first Re to actually have as much functionality as some of the more popular vst synths :)

The phase modulation is stellar, and the updated waveform bank has some gems

Also it was one of the first synths to have something similar to bend +/- in massive, but it’s called symmetry in Rob papen synths.

I don’t really like how RP synths handle unison, but when adjusting just right you can get some nice sounds out of it.

It’s basically different version of Thor

Quad and vecto are also amazing as well. But for now predator gives you all the stuff you could need :)

If you are a preset surfer, then predator is one of the best picks in the shop. Literally thousands of patches and there is an online converter from fxp to RE patch format

moneykube

14 Jun 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
14 Jun 2019
If you are a preset surfer, then predator is one of the best picks in the shop. Literally thousands of patches and there is an online converter from fxp to RE patch format
for some reason I could not get the converter to work.

sleep1979

14 Jun 2019

moneykube wrote:
14 Jun 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
14 Jun 2019
Where do u find free patches and the fxp convertor ? Cheers

moneykube

14 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
14 Jun 2019
moneykube wrote:
14 Jun 2019

converter from Rob's site... patches out there on the web somewhere
but there are indeed plenty of patches to work with in the synth.
Last edited by moneykube on 14 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

sleep1979

14 Jun 2019

moneykube wrote:
14 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
14 Jun 2019

converter from Rob's site... patches out there on the web somewhere
Ok cheers

sleep1979

14 Jun 2019

so I found some by arksun , anybody know of any more good predator banks out there ? so I can skip all the shite cheers

sleep1979

14 Jun 2019

anyone know how to use that convertor

scratchnsnifff

14 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
14 Jun 2019
anyone know how to use that convertor
I’d recommend hitting up their support line. Or message rob papen on one of his social media platforms like Facebook :)

They have an account on Reason talk but idk what it is and idk how often they are here

They are very quick on email :)

Marc64

14 Jun 2019

Predator is awesome :)
All sounds except the drums is Predator.

• Information