Guess the beta release date for Reason 10.3 ...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
moneykube

13 Mar 2019

update on vst progress wuyld be like expected... um no?
fix eack optimization... don't need vst
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

13 Mar 2019

andthen the bugs... tne bugs... aaak... critters of ai world augmenting reality in bad waya ,,,, back to poppy
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

ProfessaKaos

13 Mar 2019

PrivatePartsUK wrote:
13 Mar 2019
Sad state of affairs - i have actually started using Logic - i have way to much work on to be waiting for Reason to sort their act out. Ive been using Reason for about 15 years now and if they supported VST's from the get go like all the other DAWS from back in the day we wouldnt be in this hot mess. This update has to be pretty damn special like better than Logic and Reaper or else i wont be using Reason again. Also SO MANY things need to be added to Reason like all the chaps have mentioned in this post.

Its sad because i see a lot of vids online about production etc and they always mention Logic, Ableton, Pro Tools, sometimes Reaper but Reason as a professional DAW never gets a mention, its just telling you Reason has a long long long way to go to catch up to all the other DAWS so its on the lips of the so called professional world.

I do hope this update smashes all the other DAWS out of the water in terms of VST Performance and so so so much more, i mean like simple things that shouldve been added 10-12 years ago...i feel this update will be make or break time for props...

To reason or not to reason now that will be the question for so many...thanks for reading my rant lol.
You are not alone. I'm so close to jumping to Ableton as I spend most of my time in frustration and anger trying to mix (and further produce) in Reason. It is so hard to finish a mix without Reason crapping itself. I have 40 plus songs I'm trying to mix, they have been put on hold. I hope the update brings performance to be on par with Reaper or Logic. Would be a dream.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Oquasec

13 Mar 2019

I think it's about time I reset windows myself.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

PhillipOrdonez

14 Mar 2019

ProfessaKaos wrote:
13 Mar 2019
PrivatePartsUK wrote:
13 Mar 2019
Sad state of affairs - i have actually started using Logic - i have way to much work on to be waiting for Reason to sort their act out. Ive been using Reason for about 15 years now and if they supported VST's from the get go like all the other DAWS from back in the day we wouldnt be in this hot mess. This update has to be pretty damn special like better than Logic and Reaper or else i wont be using Reason again. Also SO MANY things need to be added to Reason like all the chaps have mentioned in this post.

Its sad because i see a lot of vids online about production etc and they always mention Logic, Ableton, Pro Tools, sometimes Reaper but Reason as a professional DAW never gets a mention, its just telling you Reason has a long long long way to go to catch up to all the other DAWS so its on the lips of the so called professional world.

I do hope this update smashes all the other DAWS out of the water in terms of VST Performance and so so so much more, i mean like simple things that shouldve been added 10-12 years ago...i feel this update will be make or break time for props...

To reason or not to reason now that will be the question for so many...thanks for reading my rant lol.
You are not alone. I'm so close to jumping to Ableton as I spend most of my time in frustration and anger trying to mix (and further produce) in Reason. It is so hard to finish a mix without Reason crapping itself. I have 40 plus songs I'm trying to mix, they have been put on hold. I hope the update brings performance to be on par with Reaper or Logic. Would be a dream.

I've been mixing in reaper for a couple of years (whenever projects get too out of hand for Reason) and due to other aspects of my job, been back at Ableton several hours a day as well (things Reason cannot do) and recently got a Maschine so been using the software a lot, but I don't consider those things "jumping". I'll never ever stop using Reason. It is my music making program no matter what I do outside of it. If I can completely stop using reaper for l mixing and just do it within reason, that will be great, but having to do that was never making me want to, or consider to, "stop using Reason", or "jump to -insert daw name here".

PrivatePartsUK

14 Mar 2019

I hear and understand all your points, its how ever you see and feel fit to work, thats your creative choice.

For me i build EVERYTHING in Reason (well i use to lol) so when you build everything you have a work flow and a creative process which im sure we all know of being IN THE ZONE, when im in the zone im on a mission and everything needs to run more than efficiently, when you have Reason saying silly things like your mac is too slow with only a few plugins here and there when you know your macs not it stops the divine creative flow going anywhere.

I dont want to have to go to other DAWS to do different things, whats the point in that when a DAW is meant to do everything in it like making / producing a full track?

I hear and see a lot of people here dont really use VST's but i see a lot of people like myself do, either way Reason needs to step up to the plate and its not hard as with technology today so many things can be achieved. It sucks that we had to wait this long but i dont mind that if the update is WELL WORTH WAITING FOR and yes they really need to sort the graphics out, i mean Reason looks dated compared to Logic.

Also something i noticed with Reason and Audio Interface integration even that is terrible! I know so as when i use my Audio Interface with Logic it sails through and the latency is on point but in Reason its a joke, like a bad bad joke, cracking like im opening a packet of crisps???

To Reason or not to Reaper...that is the quest

jappe

14 Mar 2019

Maybe someone can benefit from the workaround that helped me:
I ditched my old template I normally use as a song starter.
I always ended up with heavy DSP for only a few used tracks.
Starting from the beginning I can have the same number of active tracks with only 1 bar of DSP since the idle/non-used devices isn't there to steal DSP.

Also, when starting over, I inserted simple EQs for simpler things instead of some heavy-DSP EQ.

Creativemind

14 Mar 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Mar 2019
Creativemind wrote:
12 Mar 2019

You mean inspiring. :lol:
Perspiring.
Reason gonna make you sweat, sweat till you can't sweat no more.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

PhillipOrdonez

14 Mar 2019

Creativemind wrote:
14 Mar 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Mar 2019

Perspiring.
And if you cry out...

Creativemind

15 Mar 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Creativemind wrote:
14 Mar 2019

And if you cry out...
:lol:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

15 Mar 2019

Loque

15 Mar 2019

Sneaky... Now I need to get up off the couch...

Nice... Possible performance improvement also without VST...
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

15 Mar 2019

nice!

“Reason’s VST performance is on par with other DAWs on the market.”

and will improve performance even without using VSTs!
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

ProfessaKaos

15 Mar 2019

Best guess so far :o
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

eusti

15 Mar 2019

👍

Arrant
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2019

Finally! Sign me up!

jappe

15 Mar 2019

"And as a nice bonus, it improves performance if you're not using VSTs too! "

Thanks for the bonus feature!! :thumbs_up:

Kalm

15 Mar 2019

Whelp, we can stop crying now
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

motuscott

15 Mar 2019

Mattias you insider.
I was going to guess, March 15, 2019, 10:10 a.m.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Ad0

15 Mar 2019

If this beta is performance testing, isn't excessive logging that slows down performance kinda counter-productive? :) Or is it a standard message in the beta test?

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

15 Mar 2019

Ad0 wrote:
15 Mar 2019
If this beta is performance testing, isn't excessive logging that slows down performance kinda counter-productive? :) Or is it a standard message in the beta test?
One would think that, but without logging we'll have a MUCH harder time finding potential bugs introduced as part of this re-work. Yes, we've improved performance but we also want to know we didn't break anything. Therefore we'll start testing with logging to catch proper bugs (you can turn the changes on/off to see differences still!) and then after a while we'll also release the non-logging for proper performance testing.

esselfortium

15 Mar 2019

Ad0 wrote:
15 Mar 2019
That is a bit confusing, yeah. If it's not a mistake, then I suppose it would be because they're satisfied with the results they've seen for the performance enhancements and are just wanting to make sure that there are no other surprise issues introduced as a result of all the code changes.

edit: Aha, Mattias beat me to it!
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Ad0

15 Mar 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
15 Mar 2019
One would think that, but without logging we'll have a MUCH harder time finding potential bugs introduced as part of this re-work. Yes, we've improved performance but we also want to know we didn't break anything. Therefore we'll start testing with logging to catch proper bugs (you can turn the changes on/off to see differences still!) and then after a while we'll also release the non-logging for proper performance testing.
Thank you for the clarification. Seems reasonable! Hope I can get to beta test (yes I applied) :)

So first round is stability and 2nd round is performance. :)
Last edited by Ad0 on 15 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

PhillipOrdonez

15 Mar 2019

Woohoo! This is fantastisk!

• Information