A good glitcher for Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
reddust

14 Mar 2019

Hi,

as the title says, do you people know some good glitcher VST or RE for Reason? I recently purchased Glitch Effect by Ochsen K. and really like it but it is kind of limited in its features as if I guess correctly there is just one guy developing this RE.

Is someone here using Glitch VST/REs he/she can recommend?

Cheers

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2019

Check out Glitchmachines. They make some good ones.
Fracture is free so you could try it and I just checked plug-in boutique and Fracture XT is 50% off at the moment. Cataract is great as well.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

danc

14 Mar 2019

Cableguys Shaperbox (especially Timeshaper)

Unfiltered Audio BYOME (uber powerful)

Sugerbytes Looperator

Illformed Glitch 2

Melda Rhythmizer (similar to Shaperbox but has a few extra bells and whistles - currently half price this week)

The Echo (RE) in Roll mode - very cool when automate delay time changes with sync off etc.

However .. it all depends what you mean by glitch.

I personally use them all. Each have their own useful glitch/delay/mangle features.
Last edited by danc on 14 Mar 2019, edited 2 times in total.
Check my Soundcloud:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2019

Glitchmachines for crazy, borderline unusable stuff.
Looperator by Sugarbytes is the "industry" standard (You actually get Sugarbyte separate RE modules in the $129 sales)
Izotope drum machine BreakTweaker is superiour to most, but you have to make the drum pattern inside of it to use the FXs.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MannequinRaces

14 Mar 2019

Distillery is my favorite followed by Buffre. A really good refill using stock devices is Blue Chip. I think you can get it here: https://stereoklang.se/Reason%20refills.html

Happy glitching!

zoidkirb

14 Mar 2019

Melda mrhythmizer is super powerful...you can really sculpt some crazy technical stuff. Btw it's pretty much a (possibly improved?) clone of Image Line's Gross Beat. The other one I can vouch for is dblue Glitch 2, it's a remake of the original and popular Glitch vst. I like it's workflow - you can plot different types of glitches across it's own sequencer. Lots of parameters to tweak.

ScuzzyEye

14 Mar 2019

Boombastix wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Izotope drum machine BreakTweaker is superiour to most, but you have to make the drum pattern inside of it to use the FXs.
Along with Break Tweaker, there's iZotope's real glitch effect, Stutter Edit.

Wobbleburger

14 Mar 2019

Illformed Glitch 2 is my favorite. Amazing GUI and I use it on almost every track.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2019

Isn’t Torsion Texture Lab pretty good for glitchy stuff? Or have I got that wrong?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

14 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Isn’t Torsion Texture Lab pretty good for glitchy stuff? Or have I got that wrong?
It is. As well Fritz is and Synchronous.
Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

14 Mar 2019

Beatchop is THE most overlooked RE there is imo, even though antic604 just mentioned it: https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... me-slicer/

I heard through the grapevine it could be receiving an update one day, that would blow my mind, it's already so powerful.

Studio Corbach has a Mixfood stutter device also about to drop.

Just had a look at Distillery's shop page and they don't even let you see it, that's new :O

eusti

14 Mar 2019

Jagwah wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Just had a look at Distillery's shop page and they don't even let you see it, that's new :O
I know!!! Picked it up in a bundle a while ago, but found that strange too!

D.

zoidkirb

15 Mar 2019

Glitch bundle incoming!? :D

The other thing about glitching is how much you can achieve with the absolute bare minimum tools available in Reason...from using the razor tool to manually cut and paste your patterns together and stretch and warp or using rex , to side chaining unusual combinations of instruments together (eg feed hi hats into a vocal track) even just basic volume automation with the pencil tool can yeild better results than the fancy gate's included in these plugs

boingy

15 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Fracture is free so you could try it and I just checked plug-in boutique and Fracture XT is 50% off at the moment. Cataract is great as well.
Cheers for pointing me towards Glitchmachines. Those two freebies have been added to my arsenal. Two more things to fiddle with rather than finishing the track! :thumbs_up:

(Don't bother with their free sample packs though, unless you are making bad B-movies...)

MannequinRaces

15 Mar 2019

eusti wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Jagwah wrote:
14 Mar 2019

D.
That is really bizarre! It shows just a huge logo, lol. They must be REALLY confident in their product. :)

Oquasec

15 Mar 2019

Glitch RE's,m automation or grossbeat vst.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2019

boingy wrote:
15 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Cheers for pointing me towards Glitchmachines. Those two freebies have been added to my arsenal. Two more things to fiddle with rather than finishing the track! :thumbs_up:

(Don't bother with their free sample packs though, unless you are making bad B-movies...)
Cool!!! I’ve actually got my eye on Palindrome at the moment. :)
The sample packs are fine if you fling them in the machines and glitch ’em up :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

15 Mar 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
15 Mar 2019
eusti wrote:
14 Mar 2019

D.
That is really bizarre! It shows just a huge logo, lol. They must be REALLY confident in their product. :)
Maybe because the UI is ugly, well IMO it is ugly. I dont like there UI style at all. The devices itself are a bit cumbersome too, but good sound in the end.
Reason12, Win10

reddust

15 Mar 2019

Really nice recommendations, I bought MRhythmizer yesterday because it is currently on sale and I really liked how it works and the UI is not too ugly either :) I am a very visual guy so that way to handle how the audio is going to be glitched made my first choice pretty easy.

Looperator, Illformed Glitch2, the iZotope BreakTweaker.... look also very powerful. Glitchmachines also look pretty good and have some nice and inspiring UIs but I was kind of overwhelmed when getting into their page, too much stuff I still don't know what is all about, so I'll take my time looking at them. I usually don't like to install free stuff because I end up having too many racks and instruments I never use and just bother me when looking for the ones I really use. Anyways I'll watch them to see which ones (free or not) may be useful for me. Thanks a lot for the nice recommendations.
I'm going to check these right now and see if I find some more info on Distillery too :puf_smile: :thumbs_up:

antic604

15 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
15 Mar 2019
Maybe because the UI is ugly, well IMO it is ugly. I dont like there UI style at all. The devices itself are a bit cumbersome too, but good sound in the end.
You know I wouldn't get it if it was ugly ;) :P

reddust wrote:
15 Mar 2019
I'm going to check these right now and see if I find some more info on Distillery too :puf_smile: :thumbs_up:
Here you go: https://www.airraidaudio.com/distillery/

reddust

15 Mar 2019

It looks nice indeed, thanks again for links and pictures :)

reddust

08 Apr 2019

danc wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Cableguys Shaperbox (especially Timeshaper)

Unfiltered Audio BYOME (uber powerful)

Sugerbytes Looperator

Illformed Glitch 2

Melda Rhythmizer (similar to Shaperbox but has a few extra bells and whistles - currently half price this week)

The Echo (RE) in Roll mode - very cool when automate delay time changes with sync off etc.

However .. it all depends what you mean by glitch.

I personally use them all. Each have their own useful glitch/delay/mangle features.
I got Byome this last weekend for a reduced price, really nice plugin, very powerful and nicely simplified UI, thanks for the recommendation

• Information