Dreaming of toys + procrastination

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sleep1979

13 Mar 2019

Getting somewhere with an ep lately what happens i start trying out new toys ,

i already have europa -thor subtractor -maia - a few refills -nnxt etc heavyocity organic for kalimbas cowbell etc.

also a few effects racks and built in (i have reason intro by the way 16 tracks good for me right now) ,
i also uninstalled or gave away all my vst i dont need it ! ( plus if i do there is the labs free stuff .
so start getting somewhere with my ep
what happens last week start trying out new rack extensions , get distracted going through patches
click rent to own one month on rob papen predator RE
distracted from music
go back to music today -organise my songs start to think there sounding decent why have i been messing about with plug ins
start learning how to use thor and subtractor , realise i dont need rob papen re
look at myself in the mirror angry i wasted that time
unplug my pc from the internet ( its staying that way
watch this video feel good about myself

dream of finishng an ep once and for all
start dreaming about having a relationship with the plug ins i already own
yep feel good now , yeah bro

motuscott

13 Mar 2019

I should be the last person to say this and I'm certainly not taking my own advice but...
Sometimes you need a collaborator to kick your ass out of your comfort zone.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

sleep1979

13 Mar 2019

motuscott wrote:
13 Mar 2019
I should be the last person to say this and I'm certainly not taking my own advice but...
i have tried that with people i know and we either do nothing and waste time or there views clash with mine obvs not the right person though

scratchnsnifff

14 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
13 Mar 2019
motuscott wrote:
13 Mar 2019
i have tried that with people i know and we either do nothing and waste time or there views clash with mine obvs not the right person though
Where I live most people who are into music making are into hip hop. And just like you, their ability to create just isn’t the same. While that can be great at times, im always trying to find someone who is into synthesis and likes edm oriented stuff. It’s annoying when someone says “ yeah I make music” and they only rap over downloaded beats XD Iv seen that time and time again. However there are some good eggs and there is one dude I met on this forum who’s in my area. Now that I remember I still need to make plans to have a jam session!
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

reddust

14 Mar 2019

I remember many years ago when I started taking music seriously. Everything I had was a cheap guitar, a machine drum and a 4 track recorder.

I was much more productive than I am now, partly might be because of the younger age and the much more free time I had, but after a while expending lots of money on gear and ending up selling 80% of that gear now I'm trying to get to some kind of a middle point between the two. It's obvious for me that one cheap guitar, a drum machine and a four track recorder wouldn't be enough for the music I make now, but it is also obvious that I could do a lot more with what I own today.

I do need most of my VSTs and REs but I'm still far from feeling that I make enough use of them, meaning, maybe what I need is more free time and not less gear (?)

Loque

14 Mar 2019

I cut my "pull-buy-button" fingers off...In my mind. Worked great.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Don’t push the button or your “buy finger” gets it.
Attachments
57642C56-EE08-4754-A6B4-15288E2DC52C.jpeg
57642C56-EE08-4754-A6B4-15288E2DC52C.jpeg (73.27 KiB) Viewed 563 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

14 Mar 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
14 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
13 Mar 2019

Where I live most people who are into music making are into hip hop. And just like you, their ability to create just isn’t the same. While that can be great at times, im always trying to find someone who is into synthesis and likes edm oriented stuff. It’s annoying when someone says “ yeah I make music” and they only rap over downloaded beats XD Iv seen that time and time again. However there are some good eggs and there is one dude I met on this forum who’s in my area. Now that I remember I still need to make plans to have a jam session!
I have a nephew who makes beats uses fl studio we done nothing together , i just watched him do fl studio stuff , my brother plays guitar for 5 mins but cant create nothing plays half of wonderwall ot snow patrol run ? Then pours another drink no work done , and some guitar guy wanted to make music with me then said what i do is too 80s too cheesy but i have a great voice , so didnt work with him , better being on my own i will get there.

scratchnsnifff

14 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Don’t push the button or your “buy finger” gets it.
You win the internet for this one hahaha
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information