You wake up as the CEO of Propellerhead. What would you do?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Luxuria

13 Mar 2019

I would wake up and put on my orange Reason sweater before heading out the door.

Get to the office and check to see if any important memos came in.

Take care of executive meetings in the morning.

Check in with the dev teams and see what's new in the works. I'd have that Rob Papen pizzazz where I'm engaging on cool new ideas, concepts, and themes.

Lunch time rolls around. Time to take a walk. Enjoy a spliff. Get some sushi, hamburger, or pizza.

Come back and go to the special studio room designed for the ultimate Reason experience. Lay down some beats. Get the different synths in the arsenal going. Feel the bass rumble perfectly in the acoustical treated room. Save for another day.

Find out what the competition is doing. Are they missing out on some new feature Reason could sweep the market with. Any new vst's on the market? Try to get those VST sales on the pheads website going. "Get Valhalla on the phone for me!" Try to steal one of the program developers over at Cockos, preferably their best one to work for us.

Go back to the office dev team. "Wow my eyes really hurt after going back and forth from the black sequencer to white mixer." One of the dev's overhears this and replys "Oh no worries boss, we can do that plus allow the user to select their own color customization from our current palette." Perfecto!" I say. "Push it through to the next point update, but don't tell anyone, its a secret." ;)

I finish out the afternoon with a blog post about an idea I have while listening to Autechre about the modular potential in software. Reason has it. Max/MSP has it. Talk about randomly generating in music. Drum rhythms for days.

:puf_smile:

antic604

13 Mar 2019

I'd go to the optician for good glasses, because my eyes have to be f**ked if I'm not bothered by those huge pixels everywhere :P

Reasonable man

13 Mar 2019

I would cut 15% off propellerhead made synths cause this would lead to more sales.

Then i'd track down Jmes Bernard and beg him to do another 52 weeklly tips series!

motuscott

13 Mar 2019

Pee. I usually pee first thing.
Too much information, but you asked...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Boombastix
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2019

If not already, I would bang my head on the wall for the millions wasted on the Allihopa adventure and the falling behind on sequencer development. (But I only do this once). THEN, I tell the dev team AND the users that we will make up for this and put all the focus on getting the sequencer tools, midi, audio functions and sample editing to the be the best in the biz as a 10.5 upgrade.

Then I sit back and watch how the users cheer on social media and user groups for this info and I make space on the office shelf for the "2019 music software of the year award".

It's all pretty easy actually, lol...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Jagwah

13 Mar 2019

Have breakfast, greet the family, then work on a sick beat for too long then have to rush out the door to work.

Spend a few hours in the secret computer room which receives all the 'user data' people agreed to (which actually takes all mouse and keyboard hits and recreates people's projects), and see if any users have come up with anything interesting.

Hire a bunch of new people so we aren't a small company anymore. Get them to work on features, not devices. Things like video support would no longer be such an extreme suggestion.

Show Mattias my sick beat.

Go on ReasonTalk and read some posts until I can no longer stand everyone thinking they can run the company better than me.

Show Ryan my sick beat. Then take a big marker and write on his desk "I'm a CEO I do what I want" and then explain he is not allowed to do things like this.

Go on the special computer set up with all REs in existence including the submitted 'in development' ones and work on a psytrance track.

Call a meeting with the marketing department and tell them to calm down a bit.

Go to the VST optimisation people and tell them to keep it up!

Go to the Reason 11 office and start assembling the furniture.

sonicbyte

13 Mar 2019

Boombastix wrote:
13 Mar 2019
If not already, I would bang my head on the wall for the millions wasted on the Allihopa adventure and the falling behind on sequencer development. (But I only do this once). THEN, I tell the dev team AND the users that we will make up for this and put all the focus on getting the sequencer tools, midi, audio functions and sample editing to the be the best in the biz as a 10.5 upgrade.

Then I sit back and watch how the users cheer on social media and user groups for this info and I make space on the office shelf for the "2019 music software of the year award".

It's all pretty easy actually, lol...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol: :thumbs_up: :D

Loque

13 Mar 2019

First thing in the morning is s always coffee...
Reason12, Win10

boingy

14 Mar 2019

I'd sell the company to a (potentially evil) competitor and start a new company so I could focus on fun stuff again.

Ahornberg

14 Mar 2019

I would listen to my customers because at the end they pay my salary.

Jagwah

14 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
13 Mar 2019
Same for me, but then I stopped one day, and that was that! No more buying or making coffees, or 'needing' a caffeine fix like some socially acceptable druggy!

#Stop the caffeine!

Loque

14 Mar 2019

Jagwah wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
13 Mar 2019
Same for me, but then I stopped one day, and that was that! No more buying or making coffees, or 'needing' a caffeine fix like some socially acceptable druggy!

#Stop the caffeine!
Don't destroy a drug industry! Kids in the whole wide world need their jobs for food and fat managers need a new Ferrari. Support them!
Reason12, Win10

sleep1979

14 Mar 2019

Luxuria wrote:
13 Mar 2019
I would wake up and put on my orange Reason sweater before heading out the door.

Get to the office and check to see if any important memos came in.

Take care of executive meetings in the morning.

Check in with the dev teams and see what's new in the works. I'd have that Rob Papen pizzazz where I'm engaging on cool new ideas, concepts, and themes.

Lunch time rolls around. Time to take a walk. Enjoy a spliff. Get some sushi, hamburger, or pizza.

Come back and go to the special studio room designed for the ultimate Reason experience. Lay down some beats. Get the different synths in the arsenal going. Feel the bass rumble perfectly in the acoustical treated room. Save for another day.

Find out what the competition is doing. Are they missing out on some new feature Reason could sweep the market with. Any new vst's on the market? Try to get those VST sales on the pheads website going. "Get Valhalla on the phone for me!" Try to steal one of the program developers over at Cockos, preferably their best one to work for us.

Go back to the office dev team. "Wow my eyes really hurt after going back and forth from the black sequencer to white mixer." One of the dev's overhears this and replys "Oh no worries boss, we can do that plus allow the user to select their own color customization from our current palette." Perfecto!" I say. "Push it through to the next point update, but don't tell anyone, its a secret." ;)

I finish out the afternoon with a blog post about an idea I have while listening to Autechre about the modular potential in software. Reason has it. Max/MSP has it. Talk about randomly generating in music. Drum rhythms for days.

:puf_smile:
Sell the company , make the software open source , buy a nice home somehwhere in paradise , live out the rest of my days

Undistraction

14 Mar 2019

I'd go straight back to sleep. More chance of seeing any real improvements to Reason in dreams.

EdGrip

14 Mar 2019

I'd say, "Our native instruments and modularity make us the best musical sound-design playground in the business, out-of-the-box. Now let's focus on the other side of the equation - the perception that Reason isn't a professional or 'grown-up' DAW. Workflow, autosave, track freeze, graphics, tools for MIDI geeks, all that kind of thing. And dammit, it's 2019. Flat is the new skeumorphism - so if we're re-doing the SSL to allow a dark theme, let's take the opportunity to start over; concede that it's a software mixer, flatten it a bit, make knobs and buttons larger targets for a mouse pointer and make the faders scalable. Channel groups.

Focus on those things, team, and the VST optimization update. Somebody bring me some sort of delicious Swedish pastry."

O1B

14 Mar 2019

Jagwah

14 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Jagwah wrote:
14 Mar 2019

#Stop the caffeine!
Don't destroy a drug industry! Kids in the whole wide world need their jobs for food and fat managers need a new Ferrari. Support them!
lololol : D

selig
RE Developer

14 Mar 2019

Reasonable man wrote:I would cut 15% off propellerhead made synths cause this would lead to more sales.
Maybe. But the question is would it lead to MORE than 15% more sales? If not, you could end up loosing money with a move like that…

Hard to know without doing due diligence IMO.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

diminished
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2019

I'd call the tutorial guy with the great voice (what's his name?) and pay him to read me today's news out loud. Then get Ryan on the line too for a weather forecast and my schedule for this day.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

RobC

14 Mar 2019

Resign. xD

HeavyViper

14 Mar 2019

Flat is the new skeumorphism
BAN THIS SICK FILTH

Jokes aside, Reason's aesthetic is fine. Updating it for higher resolutions, along with QoL improvements and sequencer polish would be my priorities.
Last edited by HeavyViper on 14 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

MannequinRaces

14 Mar 2019

I'd go in the office then tell everyone they can leave early for the day to spend time with family or work on personal projects. Before they left I'd invite the whole team out to dinner. The next morning I'd mandate a four day work week (same pay) then double down on sequencer and audio editing improvements. Afterwards I'd go in my office and make some music in Live or Bitwig, lol. That last part was a joke. :)

scratchnsnifff

14 Mar 2019

If I were ceo for a day I would implement a team dedicated to modernization of the tools in Reason.

First I would focus on Europa with more modifiers, samples in all engines, global spectral filtering, and some sort of menu slot for drawing a waveform and creating a chain of 4-10 shapes. It would sit in the empty slot by env 1. Also grain and Europa would get more crossfade options, as well as single cycle modes.

Also I would have a plan of releasing one synth and at least 2 effects per point update. Reason currently has all of the basics, and some that are way beyond basic. However reason still doesn’t have OTT, a clear and modern multiband effect unit, XY pads (one for CV one for audio)
This would help because if just a few devices came out per major update. Then users can all find something to like. If the sequencer/midi upgrades aren’t enough for some, then I think everyone can appreciate a new synth to play with

Also I would focus on the combinator and older devices. Some devices like the combinator would get a twin that sits alongside the original. While some devices just get the big 2.0 touch ups we have all dreamed of.

Thor, combinator, and maybe even a modern subtractor would be twin devices. All built from the ground up. With modern features geared towards workflow and advanced sound generation/tweak ability
(This would give those who want Thor 2.0 the features that have been asked for, without breaking the original concept that some fear would happen. All while keeping backwards compatibility)

Devices like the mclass series, scream, and ecf42 would just get some beefy updates maybe scream would get a tab where it turns into a waveshaper with drawable curves or something

I say If the user can’t get lost in the synth for over an hour, than it needs more work :) everything should be fun and productive even more so than it already is

I assume all of this would take a while, but users like myself like Reason for its balance of productivity while staying advanced. Thor is a great example as well as Europa. Both are ridiculously easy to use. But they both hold an insane amount of sound sculpting power

In some parallel universe all of this stuff happens by the end of next year XD
Thanks for hearing my crazy fantasy
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

scratchnsnifff

14 Mar 2019

diminished wrote:
14 Mar 2019
I'd call the tutorial guy with the great voice (what's his name?) and pay him to read me today's news out loud. Then get Ryan on the line too for a weather forecast and my schedule for this day.
Vote no on yes, and bring back frank!!!
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information