Mixfood guy at it again - it's a Scorcher!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
SoulState

13 Mar 2019

@sleep1979

"Would that were true, I'd be a few £€$'s lighter :roll:
:reason:

dhruan

13 Mar 2019

This thing is pretty dope, highly functional and accessible. Can't wait! :)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

diminished
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2019

You can't copy and paste those slider patterns in any of his devices, can you? Darn it...
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2019

diminished wrote:
13 Mar 2019
You can't copy and paste those slider patterns in any of his devices, can you? Darn it...
Would be really nice if you could just draw them in
linearly. I seem to remember Turn2on saying that was hard to do.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2019

That would be nice for sure, but cloning what you you already did is still impossible. I don't know it's all fun and games for 9€ but to actually fill those 128 steps takes fucking ages. Imagine carefully dialing in a repeating hihat pattern. Instead of copying a smaller pattern everywhere and then adjust a bit here and there, you have to deal with all 128 faders individually. Sorry but I'd rather use the Reason sequencer and this makes Step 128 basically useless except for the samples included. Which are already in Knock.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2019

Yeah...but the pitch thing though. That’s cool.

And can’t you select how many of the steps get used? Can’t remember.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2019

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

SoulState

15 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
15 Mar 2019
Tadaaaaaa!!!! It’s here :) :
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ample-fun/

Had money on you being the first to spot it :puf_bigsmile:

...and just in time for the weekend yaaa!

Adabler
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2019

SoulState wrote:
15 Mar 2019
Mad money on you being the first to spot it :puf_bigsmile:
Same, but the odds were so bad that I now owe money even though I won.
:reason: 12, Win10

SoulState

15 Mar 2019

Adabler wrote:
15 Mar 2019
SoulState wrote:
15 Mar 2019
Had money on you being the first to spot it :puf_bigsmile:
:lol: :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2019

Adabler wrote:
15 Mar 2019
SoulState wrote:
15 Mar 2019
Mad money on you being the first to spot it :puf_bigsmile:
You guys!!! Am I so predictable?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EdGrip

15 Mar 2019

Whaaaaaaat Reason 10 only?? Noooooo

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2019

EdGrip wrote:
15 Mar 2019
Whaaaaaaat Reason 10 only?? Noooooo
It’s really good too man :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mon

16 Mar 2019

I was enthused and tried it today. The one think that breaks the deal for me (even at this price) is that it consumes more cpu than any of the synths that I own, regardless if I use any of the device effects and filters or not. I find it way too much system load for alternating between two samples with a simple step sequencer. It seems that the code optimization was not on the developer’s list. Other than that the idea is great and the price also. I would love this thing if it only had the two sample players and the sequencer, without the additional effects and with much more reasonable CPU usage. After all the effects settings are not changeable per step so we could process the signal as needed with other devices, achieving similar effects.
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2019

mon wrote:
16 Mar 2019
I was enthused and tried it today. The one think that breaks the deal for me (even at this price) is that it consumes more cpu than any of the synths that I own, regardless if I use any of the device effects and filters or not. I find it way too much system load for alternating between two samples with a simple step sequencer. It seems that the code optimization was not on the developer’s list. Other than that the idea is great and the price also. I would love this thing if it only had the two sample players and the sequencer, without the additional effects and with much more reasonable CPU usage. After all the effects settings are not changeable per step so we could process the signal as needed with other devices, achieving similar effects.
Guess you could use the old bounce to audio trick. S’what I do with all my Glitchmachines stuff.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mon

16 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote: Guess you could use the old bounce to audio trick. S’what I do with all my Glitchmachines stuff.
It is an option, but then I always have to plan to use the device early in the project so it doesn’t choke the audio.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2019

mon wrote:
16 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote: Guess you could use the old bounce to audio trick. S’what I do with all my Glitchmachines stuff.
It is an option, but then I always have to plan to use the device early in the project so it doesn’t choke the audio.
Do your glitch stuff in another project and copy it over to your song :). Maybe?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mon

16 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote: Do your glitch stuff in another project and copy it over to your song :). Maybe?

Thank you for the ideas :)

mon

16 Mar 2019

It turned out that each sampler is polyphonic and it could easily stacks many voices on top of one another (with longer samples) if sustain is leaved on a lower setting. I was unaware of this and it seems that on my first test i’ve done just that and it gave me the wrong impression of very high CPU usage. If set in a way that samples does not stack too much one over another, it gives a much more reasonable CPU usage. I really like the creative possibilities and the quality of the sounds coming out of this device.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2019

mon wrote:
16 Mar 2019
It turned out that each sampler is polyphonic and it could easily stacks many voices on top of one another (with longer samples) if sustain is leaved on a lower setting. I was unaware of this and it seems that on my first test i’ve done just that and it gave me the wrong impression of very high CPU usage. If set in a way that samples does not stack too much one over another, it gives a much more reasonable CPU usage. I really like the creative possibilities and the quality of the sounds coming out of this device.
Nice to hear man.
Corbach stuff is great.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mon

17 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
Nice to hear man.
Corbach stuff is great.
Just wanted to thank you for pushing me into the direction to give “stutter” one more try. Now I am totally addicted to this thing. It became one of the most exciting RE in my rack!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2019

mon wrote:
17 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
Nice to hear man.
Corbach stuff is great.
Just wanted to thank you for pushing me into the direction to give “stutter” one more try. Now I am totally addicted to this thing. It became one of the most exciting RE in my rack!
Ha ha :). Welcome.
I still need to read the manual though. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information