Flash sale on Rigs. €129

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

12 Mar 2019

So are all those A-List [something] in Backline Rig 3 just a collection of pre-recorded loops or phrases, that you have limited control of? So for example you can't play your own drum pattern, your own chords or guitar solo sequences with them?

I won't be able to try them for few days and there's no info when the "flash sale" ends...

diminished
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
12 Mar 2019
So are all those A-List [something] in Backline Rig 3 just a collection of pre-recorded loops or phrases, that you have limited control of? So for example you can't play your own drum pattern, your own chords or guitar solo sequences with them?

I won't be able to try them for few days and there's no info when the "flash sale" ends...
They're not for tinkerers, but they offer a lot of variation in phrases and sound sculpting. You can combine any pattern / phrase with any kit / chord. Think of them as band members, but more reliable lol. IMHO A-List perfected what drum and guitar loops are supposed to be.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

SoulState

12 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
12 Mar 2019

"Offer ends in 5 days" :cool:
:reason:

esselfortium

12 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
12 Mar 2019

The guitars are pre-recorded phrases, kind of like a more intelligent rex player that can mix-and-match different patters and automatically corresponds to the chords you're playing. If you're looking for a guitar instrument I'd recommend something like Shreddage 3 or one of the Evolution guitars instead, as they can do any of the same things with far more flexibility and better sound quality. I used to use the A-List guitars but found them extremely frustrating and limiting, with difficult workflow especially if you're trying to build your own patterns, and prone to sounding very mechanical by their nature.

The drums, I believe, are a combination of pre-recorded loops and one-shot samples for custom MIDI programming, but I'm not sure how detailed the one-shot sampling is compared with libraries that focus more specifically on those.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

pushedbutton

12 Mar 2019

When Steam sell a bundle and you already have some of the titles they usually revise the offer to exclude the stuff you already own. Just saying.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2019

pushedbutton wrote:
12 Mar 2019
When Steam sell a bundle and you already have some of the titles they usually revise the offer to exclude the stuff you already own. Just saying.
Isn't that what the now do, I think so. Normal bundle price is $399, but most users probably have a few REs in the bundle already, so the revised price to "complete" the bundle is now $129.
If only 4 REs are of use for you then it is like 32 bucks each. Not a bad deal, where else can you get monster synths for 30 bucks? Even a preset pack with a 100 presets can be 20-30 bucks, now it's like you get the synth thrown in for free. RP QUAD here I come... :lol:
You can take the the normal price of the REs you want, wait for a 50% off sale (but maybe it won't happen), or sum up the prices, cut in half, above 129, then you got a better deal with the bundle.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2019

Boombastix wrote:
12 Mar 2019
pushedbutton wrote:
12 Mar 2019
Isn't that what the now do, I think so. Normal bundle price is $399, but most users probably have a few REs in the bundle already, so the revised price to "complete" the bundle is now $129.
If only 4 REs are of use for you then it is like 32 bucks each. Not a bad deal, where else can you get monster synths for 30 bucks? Even a preset pack with a 100 presets can be 20-30 bucks, now it's like you get the synth thrown in for free. RP QUAD here I come... :lol:
You can take the the normal price of the REs you want, wait for a 50% off sale (but maybe it won't happen), or sum up the prices, cut in half, above 129, then you got a better deal with the bundle.
I was trying to look at that way for a couple of days...and then I realised it was worth waiting for a sale on the individual items,even if it worked out costing more, just to avoid having to download the rest of the utter crap in the bundles. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
12 Mar 2019
I was trying to look at that way for a couple of days...and then I realised it was worth waiting for a sale on the individual items,even if it worked out costing more, just to avoid having to download the rest of the utter crap in the bundles. :).
So, what does the "Delete" button do in the Rack Extension Manager?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2019

Boombastix wrote:
12 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
12 Mar 2019
So, what does the "Delete" button do in the Rack Extension Manager?
A very good question man. Here’s another.
What is the result of pressing the “sync all” button in the Rack Extension Manager?
:)
Last edited by MrFigg on 12 Mar 2019, edited 2 times in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

GRB

12 Mar 2019

Going for both Synthetic and Mix & Mastering, for me its a no brainer (I repeat, for me) since I will get the three Selig's I want, Softube FET and VK1, Parsec, ReSpire, eXpanse and much more.

I'm into Reason since about April last year so I can understand that most people here have bought most REs they need or want. That happened to me with the Backline Rig 3, I already got on sales most of them :)

I also see that VST are a whole world and if you own other DAWs its a clear advantage to have the VST version, but I've chosen Reason because its the only DAW that I could actually sit and make music while having fun

I already own FL Studio, Music Maker (shame on me), Reaper but I couldn't finish a song and also used Cubase, ACID and Cakewalk decades ago and started with trackers back in the AMIGA (late 80s) but since those good old times only Reason has proven (for me) to be the only workflow I can really make things happen and if it that means using REs and spending money on a closed system that works... well, lets use them! :)

Hint: Yes, I was born many many moons ago :)
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

VariableX

13 Mar 2019

GRB wrote:
12 Mar 2019
Going for both Synthetic and Mix & Mastering, for me its a no brainer (I repeat, for me) since I will get the three Selig's I want, Softube FET and VK1, Parsec, ReSpire, eXpanse and much more.

I'm into Reason since about April last year so I can understand that most people here have bought most REs they need or want. That happened to me with the Backline Rig 3, I already got on sales most of them :)

I also see that VST are a whole world and if you own other DAWs its a clear advantage to have the VST version, but I've chosen Reason because its the only DAW that I could actually sit and make music while having fun

I already own FL Studio, Music Maker (shame on me), Reaper but I couldn't finish a song and also used Cubase, ACID and Cakewalk decades ago and started with trackers back in the AMIGA (late 80s) but since those good old times only Reason has proven (for me) to be the only workflow I can really make things happen and if it that means using REs and spending money on a closed system that works... well, lets use them! :)

Hint: Yes, I was born many many moons ago :)
Antidote is in the synthetic rig too! Its one of the best in my opinion!
I too used trackers on the Amiga in late 80s 😉😱

zoidkirb

13 Mar 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
13 Mar 2019
GRB wrote:
12 Mar 2019

Antidote was in 2 not 3. Still more than enough synths to go round though. Ah the amiga I used to be a bit secretly envious as I was messing around with sequencers with an Atari st and some Roland keyboard

VariableX

13 Mar 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
13 Mar 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
13 Mar 2019

Antidote was in 2 not 3. Still more than enough synths to go round though. Ah the amiga I used to be a bit secretly envious as I was messing around with sequencers with an Atari st and some Roland keyboard
sugar - thats correct - i think i picked it up in the synapse bundle, still the amount of stuff in the synthetic rig is unreal, could keep you going for years... unless you get the gas 😳

antic604

13 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
12 Mar 2019
A very good question man. Here’s another.
What is the result of pressing the “sync all” button in the Rack Extension Manager?
:)
I can't understand how this is not addressed yet?

Just add a checkbox next to each RE or - even better - let us put them into two categories like "sync" and "don't sync" :)

I kid you not, I'd buy one or two of those Rigs if this was implemented :D

GRB

13 Mar 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
13 Mar 2019
You're right, I love Antidote sound (there is an AMIGA pack by SoundCells) but already got it in the Synapse bundle in BF or in some madness sale. I've recently bought both Rigs today, having lots of fun now! (BTW VK 1.5 is included)
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

mjxl

13 Mar 2019

Do these Rigs get discounted in other sales too, or is this just a one time thing?

Such good deals holy shit

Boombastix
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2019

mjxl wrote:Do these Rigs get discounted in other sales too, or is this just a one time thing?

Such good deals holy shit
They have been discounted in the past, eg Black Friday, but never discounted as much as this time.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

MannequinRaces

16 Mar 2019

Finally pulled the trigger on this one. I already own quite a few but some things I really wanted I did not own such as ABL3, VK-1, Expanse, the update to Parsec, and Quad. :) Now to cool down the wallet for May Madness sales, lol. At this price it was almost a no-brainer. Great value for the money! I feel that the developers get screwed on these deals but what's good for the customer is good for, well the customer, haha.

Mode7

22 Apr 2019

I bought the Synth Rig for 129€, to expand my library (I'm usually more into hip-hop, so i hadn't a big need for électro oriented synths)

Damn, it worths its price !

ABL3, Parsec, SubBoomBass, Korg MonoPoly, Predator, Bufre Beat Repeater are juste terrific.

And aller the other ones do a great job (haven't test all the stuffs yet).

At this price those are a no-brainer.

• Information