Control surface for Reason

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
samfreeman1979

10 Mar 2019

Hi all, I'm new here and was after some advice. I use Maschine Studio to create beats which I then bounce in to Reason to mix and master. I wondered if anyone could recommend a good control surface that allows me adjust the levels and effects assigned to individual channels. I don't need it for anything more than that really. I just like the hands on approach rather than having to use the mouse to adjust things. Something like the Nektar Panorama P1 I guess! Maybe that's the one to go for? Thanks, Sam.

JunctionArsonist

10 Mar 2019

I haven't found anything that integrates better than the panorama series of controllers.

botnotbot

11 Mar 2019

JunctionArsonist wrote:
10 Mar 2019
I haven't found anything that integrates better than the panorama series of controllers.
This definitely seems to be the best officially supported controller for Reason at the moment.

However, I would think that something like a Push 1 would work pretty well via the third party scripts, since Push is easy to program with MIDI/sysex (unlike Maschine!!) and Reason's control surface support is fiddly and showing its age but also designed pretty well for its time and able to support some cool stuff, within its limitations.

I sold my Push a while before I got into Reason, so I've never been able to check it out. Nor do I hear many people talking about it, so I have no idea in the end...

I've got my fingers crossed that Reason 11 will be to <unannounced control surface> what Live 9 was to Push, so I'm holding out.

fullforce

12 Mar 2019

samfreeman1979 wrote:
10 Mar 2019
Hi all, I'm new here and was after some advice. I use Maschine Studio to create beats which I then bounce in to Reason to mix and master. I wondered if anyone could recommend a good control surface that allows me adjust the levels and effects assigned to individual channels. I don't need it for anything more than that really. I just like the hands on approach rather than having to use the mouse to adjust things. Something like the Nektar Panorama P1 I guess! Maybe that's the one to go for? Thanks, Sam.
You might want to look here first:

http://retouchcontrol.com/maschiner/
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• Information