[TECH HOUSE] TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE (Bmin - 127bpm)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

10 Mar 2019

Something for the clubs - taking my old style digging into documentary sample snatching and building drums rhythms and basslines that are raw and tight. Drums have been tuned so tight they squeak. Faster my last years work - as normally sit around 123-124. But felt this needed the extra pace.

DRUMS: Punchbox for kick - spent about an hour tightening it up with DBX160, reverb, EQing around the bass to ensure it stays sharp and distinct. Cableguys Volumeshaper and Melda DynamicEQ to dip bass around it.
BASS: Serum - running thru lots of FX - splitting around 350hz and keeping LO tight and mono and then running HI (above 350hz) thru Melda Tubo Delay (2 styles) and BYOME.
PADS: Arturia Pigments
FX: Tons - thrown the kitchen sink at it.
VOCALS: From BBC4 documentary about history of dance music.
Check my Soundcloud:

Creativemind

10 Mar 2019

Fantastic work. Love it. The only critique I have is it could have been longer lol! another minute for me at least.

Enjoyed it though, even though Tech House isn't necassarily my genre (more old skool / rave / chicago house, progressive house & deep/ deep soulful house when it comes to electronic music). Nice sheen it has and good kick drum. Punchbox does look good from vids I've seen. Like your description of how you did this. Would love more descriptions of how tracks are made me as it helps you learn and see how things are achieved.

Keep up the good work.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2019

Agree with Creativemind, Not a particular fan of tech house but I can always appreciate a well mixed track. It's just a pleasure to listen to well mixed tracks in general.

Nice work :)

DrGOA®

10 Mar 2019

Not my style, but good track!

danc

11 Mar 2019

Creativemind wrote:
10 Mar 2019
Fantastic work. Love it. The only critique I have is it could have been longer lol! another minute for me at least.
aeox wrote:
10 Mar 2019
Nice work :)
DrGOA® wrote:
10 Mar 2019
Not my style, but good track!
Thanks for positive feedback.

Re your nice sheen comments: - - - the top-end sheen was managed by a few things:
* Hard cutting everything above 15.1khz.
* I used ADPTR MetricAB and used commercial tech-house tracks to ensure my EQ, LUFTS, dynamic range etc was as close as possible.
* Keeping everything except hats below 10khz.
* Every hat, snare, kick, shaker etc was tuned using Waves Torque.
* Hats were run through Melda TurboReverb - which was at such a low setting that you wouldn't know they had reverb - just there to add some depth/presence rather than the usual extended room/plate sound.
* Be ultra careful about what percussion hits at the same time with other percussion - in the main only 1 type of percussion hits. Total ball-ache to sit and work this through, but end result is super clean drums. Be ultra careful on percussion tails, so that they don't overlap onto next hit - you can cut most tails hard where they overlap - no-one notices.
* There are 3-layers of hats: 1 is super low in volume. 1 pans left and right - never centre. The other one lacks the higher frequencies. So - judicious EQing and panning.
Check my Soundcloud:

mon

08 May 2019

The sound is top-notch!
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

• Information