Jackson

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!

plaamook

09 Mar 2019

Does this mean we should finally stop listening to Michael Jackson?
I mean in the current environment of naming shaming shunning and getting refunds etc, surely these sorts of allegations demand that the public, however dedicated they may have been, revoke all rights privilages and special things including, but not limited to, the playing of his music.
I'm not trying to push forth my own agenda with regards to this chap who's music has been shoved down my throat in various ways all my life. I'm just saying that the level of modern sensitivity to such matters, irrespective of him being dead and therefore incapable of defending himself against these claims, requires a certain apropriate response, a compliance with what is for many an obvious morally superior position.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

fullforce

09 Mar 2019

Yeah! And Quincy Jones should go to jail for what Michael has done!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

motuscott

09 Mar 2019

Richard Wagner was an ahole.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

plaamook

09 Mar 2019

motuscott wrote:
09 Mar 2019
Richard Wagner was an ahole.
Yeah but I think it's like copywrite. After a long enough period you're absolved of your sins, so he's ok now.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

motuscott

09 Mar 2019

OK, off to the time machine.
Again.

bitley

11 Mar 2019

Music is music and this person was a child who grew up in a time when all sorts of bad behaviour against kids could happen unnoticed. Not dealing with this in any therapy and going through the teenage period desperate to keep being famous he ended up with a greater success than ever before. Probably it kind of told him that he did the right things? And then this creates this horrible dysfunctional monster - like Thriller was a true story about his Jekyll / Hyde persona. "Keep it in the closet"... it's sad and scary at the same time and I say that as a huge fan who cried a lot when he died. It's impossible for people today to understand the HUGE impact he had on the world; the largest star of the planet - and it must have given him some kind of entitlement to ... I don't know ... think the darkest thoughts ever - and never get questioned for it. And then finally crossing every moral and sane border ever. It's a very scary thing going through this documentary. Same thing with R Kelly really... and these two guys collaborated. Fame and fortune must have opened really devastating gates to these apparently severely damaged childhoods ... somehow connecting hurt with revenge / entitlement? It's incredibly freightening. And all of these surrounding people? It's almost like they are part of the crime. Totally loyal for life somehow.

motuscott

11 Mar 2019

Dark times for the species.
but we've been through worse

bitley

11 Mar 2019

The music represents technical and performed perfection and that's that, but this other side of the story is something completely different. Simply ignoring the music would never be good as there are so few things that can touch that quality. But the other side of the coin is the mental breakdown and birth of two insane monsters - all of which could happen in a separate world; behind their closed and locked doors where not even musical collaborators ever were invited. All things glittery and beautiful above a concrete surface which would hide and mask out the entirely devilish dungeons below it.

• Information