Flash sale on Rigs. €129

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
kuhliloach

08 Mar 2019

Even at these prices I'm skipping. The value proposition is just too weak, and cost way too high. The rigs are missing the RE's I'm most interested in acquiring. I wish RE's were priced 1-20 dollars like a typical audio plug-in on iOS so I could collect them gradually.

Gardinski

08 Mar 2019

Do we know how long this Flash sale is likely to last?

botnotbot

08 Mar 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
08 Mar 2019
Even at these prices I'm skipping. The value proposition is just too weak, and cost way too high. The rigs are missing the RE's I'm most interested in acquiring. I wish RE's were priced 1-20 dollars like a typical audio plug-in on iOS so I could collect them gradually.
RE devs barely make enough money as is. Don’t devalue their work, no one deserves only a dollar for their efforts.

And in the Rig at these prices, the REs basically are in that price range.

boingy

09 Mar 2019

I wonder how the money is split on offers like this - #4 per RE is not going to make anyone rich....

MannequinRaces

09 Mar 2019

botnotbot wrote:
08 Mar 2019
kuhliloach wrote:
08 Mar 2019
RE devs barely make enough money as is. Don’t devalue their work, no one deserves only a dollar for their efforts.

Agree with this 100%. The iOS market is huge compared to the RE market. Not really a fair comparison to begin with. iOS developers can charge less because of economies of scale.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2019

If you were a really cynical buyer then you could get the Synth Rig for €129 then head over to Rob Papen and get the eXplorer 5 bundle for €99 with a screen shot of your 4 purchased RP products. Just saying.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2019

Hmmm...if I didn't already have everything by Kuassa and GForce and Blamsoft and Rad Keys. And if I hadn't just bought REB, Reason Drums Kits andJP Republik. And I wanted ANY of the A-List stuff (which I really don't). Then I might have bought this for Chenille, StringWERK and Revival. It's actually probably worth it anyway but, well you know...
Incidentally, I bought Rigs 2 just a few weeks before Rigs 3 came out...I'm guessing Rigs4 isn't so far away.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

boingy

09 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
09 Mar 2019
....I'm guessing Rigs4 isn't so far away.
That's settled then. Next month we get Rigs 4, free beer and Reason 11, which incorporates every item on my wishlist and also everything I haven't thought to suggest yet. #perfectworld :thumbs_up:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2019

boingy wrote:
09 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
09 Mar 2019
....I'm guessing Rigs4 isn't so far away.
That's settled then. Next month we get Rigs 4, free beer and Reason 11, which incorporates every item on my wishlist and also everything I haven't thought to suggest yet. #perfectworld :thumbs_up:
Nah...Rigs 4'll be in June...then if you wait until Black Friday you'll get it free with Reason 11.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

strangers
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Mar 2019
MarkTarlton wrote:
08 Mar 2019

yeah softube has done me wrong a couple times now, and I will not be buying anymore of their stuff. after owning over $400 of their products.... it's pricey and not worth it anymore. there was a time when their plug ins were some of the best the industry had to offer. the last holiday sale where MF sold the summit audio plug in.... was the last straw for me, after dealing with their customer service. they returned all my emails, but never gave me a solution and just played like they had no idea what was happening...after more than a week went by, I finally got a refund! that was very frustrating...to be fair MF was part of the problem, but softube could have honored their mistake with something other than "sorry"
Same here...avoiding them...Bad support...Overpriced and not at the level as they were years ago. I arrange them at the level of "Air".
Based on my own experiences with Softube, their support unfortunately gives them a bad name. Softube does make some of my favorite and most used plugins. I've only tried one or two Air plugins and wouldn't consider them anywhere close to Softube, unless you mean support-wise. Never contacted the Air team and never will since I'm not a fan of their products.

It'd be nice to see Softube re-enter the RE world even though that's not going to happen.

antic604

10 Mar 2019

botnotbot wrote:
08 Mar 2019

That's why I prefer to spend that same money on 2 REs I really want knowing devs get their fair share, rather than buy a rig with 30 REs out of which I already have 10 and don't care for 25 and devs will only get a dollar for...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2019

Does anyone remember seeing Revival on sale in the last while? Deal of the week, Black Friday?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
10 Mar 2019
Does anyone remember seeing Revival on sale in the last while? Deal of the week, Black Friday?
It's part of the Backline Rig 3, that's where I got it from, during the christmas sale. I'm quite new in the RE buying world, though, so I have no clue if it was ever on sale, sorry.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2019

diminished wrote:
10 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
10 Mar 2019
It's part of the Backline Rig 3, that's where I got it from, during the christmas sale. I'm quite new in the RE buying world, though, so I have no clue if it was ever on sale, sorry.
Yeah. Thanks:). I know. That’s why I’m asking. The only two things I want from the Backline Rig are Revival and Chenille. Got nearly everything else already. I’ll just wait until May and see what happens.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

10 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
09 Mar 2019
If you were a really cynical buyer then you could get the Synth Rig for €129 then head over to Rob Papen and get the eXplorer 5 bundle for €99 with a screen shot of your 4 purchased RP products. Just saying.
haha I thought about doing this a few weeks ago as I allready had the Synth Rig from last May, but in all honesty that Synth Rig is so full of awesome stuff added to the stock stuff I changed my mind, I really do have enough virtual gadgets to last a lifetime! Plus im not really that into VSTs...

However Complex-1 on rent-to-own seems to be a thought I just can't get rid of 🤭

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
10 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
09 Mar 2019
haha I thought about doing this a few weeks ago as I allready had the Synth Rig from last May, but in all honesty that Synth Rig is so full of awesome stuff added to the stock stuff I changed my mind, I really do have enough virtual gadgets to last a lifetime! Plus im not really that into VSTs...

However Complex-1 on rent-to-own seems to be a thought I just can't get rid of 🤭
...they just added Vecto to eXplorer 5 if that changes your mind ha ha :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

10 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
10 Mar 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
10 Mar 2019

My email is probably still sitting in my drafts folder, its an unreal deal if indeed can be had.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
10 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
10 Mar 2019

My email is probably still sitting in my drafts folder, its an unreal deal if indeed can be had.
It can be had. I know...I hadded it :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

11 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
11 Mar 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
10 Mar 2019

It can be had. I know...I hadded it :)
Its an awesome deal for sure - good catch!
Me, i've decided against it again im not a VST guy. I did get on Complex-1 Rent2Own though 😀

For anyone else new to Reason or with very few REs i'd deffo be snapping up the Synthetic Rig at $129. If you can afford it, its a total no braier, will keep you occupied for years!

craven

11 Mar 2019

complete your bundle - please consider adding this option, Props!
:ugeek:

TrevaRanks

11 Mar 2019

First post, hi everyone! I’ve just returned to a Reason after an 8 year hiatus so just have version 10 with no rack extensions.

It seems like I would be stupid not to buy the Synthetic Rig 3, purely for the synths included. Looks like more than I’ll ever need. Can anybody tell me if you get the latest versions? E.g Parsec 2

diminished
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2019

TrevaRanks wrote:
11 Mar 2019
First post, hi everyone! I’ve just returned to a Reason after an 8 year hiatus so just have version 10 with no rack extensions.

It seems like I would be stupid not to buy the Synthetic Rig 3, purely for the synths included. Looks like more than I’ll ever need. Can anybody tell me if you get the latest versions? E.g Parsec 2
Yes Parsec 2 is a part of it.

The only weird thing is that you get Blamsofts VK-1 v1.x and not v1.5, which is weird because they stated otherwise. I'm in contact with their support however, we'll see how it goes.

I agree this is an absolute must have if you don't own anything yet - same goes for the Backline and Mix/Mastering Rig 3 though :D be careful, the rabbit hole is deep!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

TrevaRanks

11 Mar 2019

Great, thanks. I’ve already got my wallet out, don’t tell my wife

diminished
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2019

TrevaRanks wrote:
11 Mar 2019
Great, thanks. I’ve already got my wallet out, don’t tell my wife
What happens on Reasontalk stays on Reasontalk ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2019

Ok...I’m well aware that that a lot of what I write in ReasonTalk concerns sales and pricing but seriously. Whole Rig for €129. Upgrade €99.
As I’ve said elsewhere I bought the Mastering Rig 2 just a few weeks before they announced Rigs 3. Poor you I hear you cry. And yeah...I know. But there we are back to the whole “loyal customer” debate. So if you need me I’ll be here waiting for Rigs 10 and Reason 14.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information