Flash sale on Rigs. €129

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2019

Upgrade still €99 though :(
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

08 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
08 Mar 2019
Don't need and want it anymore...sadly...
Reason12, Win10

Prints

08 Mar 2019

Yet upgrading Parsec to Parsec 2 is still $40. Reason/Propellerhead is LAME.

Loque

08 Mar 2019

Prints wrote:
08 Mar 2019
Reason/Propellerhead is LAME.
Naa...just the same as most others...
Reason12, Win10

ravasb

08 Mar 2019

The majority of the REs seem to be abandoned by their devs, even though some of the VST ones are. Softube for example told me they have no intention of updating or developing further their REs.

reddust

08 Mar 2019

I've seen it before and actually gave it a thought if I should get it. I'm already purchasing Parsec2 and want to get expanse in the near future, so only for this it would be already a good deal, but honestly I'm not sure if want to have a bunch of useless REs in my reason rack just getting in the way when I'm searching for what I want :lol:

Loque

08 Mar 2019

reddust wrote:
08 Mar 2019
I've seen it before and actually gave it a thought if I should get it. I'm already purchasing Parsec2 and want to get expanse in the near future, so only for this it would be already a good deal, but honestly I'm not sure if want to have a bunch of useless REs in my reason rack just getting in the way when I'm searching for what I want :lol:
Naaa...the rigs are quite good in price/value....It is just not for ppl who own most of the stuff in the rigs.
Reason12, Win10

boingy

08 Mar 2019

I think they might be struggling to sell REs and to get developers interested in making more REs because of the VST support. Why would a developer make extra effort to develop an RE version of their product for a market they can already reach with a VST?

From our viewpoint it's nicer to have an RE version because of the rack integration but if, like me, you still use other DAWs then a VST is the only game in town.

And how gutted would you be if you bought one of those rigs in the last couple of days only to see the price halved?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2019

boingy wrote:
08 Mar 2019

And how gutted would you be if you bought one of those rigs in the last couple of days only to see the price halved?
Been there my friend. Twice.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

retreed
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Mar 2019
Naaa...the rigs are quite good in price/value....It is just not for ppl who own most of the stuff in the rigs.
I started with a stock Reason 10 rack last year and bought the Mix & Mastering Rig 3 with 50% discount. While I do not touch 1/3 of the 34 plugins, 1/3 are sometimes in use and the other 1/3 are in every project. I still consider that a fair deal. The only bad thing back then was that RE-2A was still in the videos, but not in the rig anymore.
boingy wrote:
08 Mar 2019
Maybe went into sale now because they update it to Rig 4 very soon. Maybe Rig 4 removes a few great plugins that are included now, and brings some additional plugins you are not interested in. And maybe they ask for a higher price as they added more plugins than they removed. A drop in prices can always happen but also a raise.

It is gambling but in case you had the money for it at a time and wanted the "stuff", it's not a bad thing.

reddust

08 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Mar 2019
reddust wrote:
08 Mar 2019
Sure, I put it wrong, I meant useless for me at this moment, not useless in general :oops:

TheGodOfRainbows

08 Mar 2019

Damn. Wasn't playing on spending any money now, but for $130, I can have Parsec, Nostromo, ABL3, and Expanse (and ofc all the other things)! Hard to pass up. Even if it's for just those four synths. I have the original Synth Rig, so the upgrade price makes it $100.

Dumb question: Do you get the current version of Parsec, or do you have to buy the upgrade AFTER I get the Rig upgrade? In other words, does the Rig contain all the latest versions of stuff? I'm pretty certain it does, but just wanted to be clear.

I was planning on waiting for the March Madness sale (assuming their will be one) to spend monies, but this is too juicy a deal IMO.

I was going to wait for Synapse's The Legend to go on sale. Hope it does. Talk about juicy. That synth is over-flowing with mojo juice.

esselfortium

08 Mar 2019

This is quite a deal, but after looking through the full product lists for all three rigs again, most of what's in these is either something I already own or something I have no desire to have. Might be worth getting for someone with less of an RE collection, though personally speaking I've always found the rigs' selections to be very lopsided with a lot of filler. If you're on the fence, I'd consider waiting for the next big bundle sales from Synapse, Kuassa, and Kilohearts.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

TheGodOfRainbows

08 Mar 2019

esselfortium wrote:
08 Mar 2019
This is quite a deal, but after looking through the full product lists for all three rigs again, most of what's in these is either something I already own or something I have no desire to have. Might be worth getting for someone with less of an RE collection, though personally speaking I've always found the rigs' selections to be very lopsided with a lot of filler. If you're on the fence, I'd consider waiting for the next big bundle sales from Synapse, Kuassa, and Kilohearts.
I agree about the filler. There are several effects (and some synths like Predator - no offence to Predator fans) that I have zero interest in. In fact, I with there was a way to NOT include them in the purchase to keep plugin clutter to a minimum, even if it doesn't save any money.

two shoes

08 Mar 2019

ravasb wrote:
08 Mar 2019
The majority of the REs seem to be abandoned by their devs, even though some of the VST ones are. Softube for example told me they have no intention of updating or developing further their REs.
They told me the same thing and to make it worse the VST versions just got a complete mkII overhaul. It's the reasonn I won't be purchasing anything from Softube going forward - some of the most expensive REs in the shop and they're abandonware - what a joke.

Their rational for abandoning an entire product line was that "you can just use VSTs in Reason now so why would we waste our time updating the RE versions". F*** Softube.

MarkTarlton

08 Mar 2019

two shoes wrote:
08 Mar 2019
Their rational for abandoning an entire product line was that "you can just use VSTs in Reason now so why would we waste our time updating the RE versions". F*** Softube.
yeah softube has done me wrong a couple times now, and I will not be buying anymore of their stuff. after owning over $400 of their products.... it's pricey and not worth it anymore. there was a time when their plug ins were some of the best the industry had to offer. the last holiday sale where MF sold the summit audio plug in.... was the last straw for me, after dealing with their customer service. they returned all my emails, but never gave me a solution and just played like they had no idea what was happening...after more than a week went by, I finally got a refund! that was very frustrating...to be fair MF was part of the problem, but softube could have honored their mistake with something other than "sorry"

Loque

08 Mar 2019

MarkTarlton wrote:
08 Mar 2019
two shoes wrote:
08 Mar 2019
yeah softube has done me wrong a couple times now, and I will not be buying anymore of their stuff. after owning over $400 of their products.... it's pricey and not worth it anymore. there was a time when their plug ins were some of the best the industry had to offer. the last holiday sale where MF sold the summit audio plug in.... was the last straw for me, after dealing with their customer service. they returned all my emails, but never gave me a solution and just played like they had no idea what was happening...after more than a week went by, I finally got a refund! that was very frustrating...to be fair MF was part of the problem, but softube could have honored their mistake with something other than "sorry"
Same here...avoiding them...Bad support...Overpriced and not at the level as they were years ago. I arrange them at the level of "Air".
Reason12, Win10

ravasb

08 Mar 2019

Softube offers miserable customer service, always with the excuse that it is just too hard and they don't have a system. I asked if there was a crossgrade to VSTs from some of the abandoned REs that I own. That was the answer I got. I'm done with them.

TheGodOfRainbows

08 Mar 2019

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
08 Mar 2019
Dumb question: Do you get the current version of Parsec, or do you have to buy the upgrade AFTER I get the Rig upgrade? In other words, does the Rig contain all the latest versions of stuff? I'm pretty certain it does, but just wanted to be clear.
I just bought the Synth Rig, and to answer my own question: Yes, its ofc the latest version of Parsec.

About Softube, that really sucks if they have no plans to update the Tube Tech to mkII. I like it, but since i committed to the Rack Extension, I feel a bit cheated. Especially considering the price. D:

antic604

08 Mar 2019

It's "funny" but - despite really wanting Backline Rig in particular - I won't get any of them. Simply because there's so much filler in there and there's no way to disable installing & updating them whenever I click "sync all" in my account :(

miscend

08 Mar 2019

two shoes wrote:
08 Mar 2019
ravasb wrote:
08 Mar 2019
They told me the same thing and to make it worse the VST versions just got a complete mkII overhaul. It's the reasonn I won't be purchasing anything from Softube going forward - some of the most expensive REs in the shop and they're abandonware - what a joke.

They must give customers an upgrade path to the VSTs if they will no longer update the REs.

miscend

08 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
08 Mar 2019
It's "funny" but - despite really wanting Backline Rig in particular - I won't get any of them. Simply because there's so much filler in there and there's no way to disable installing & updating them whenever I click "sync all" in my account :(
Yeah we need a better rack extension manager. You should be able to disable plugins and also resume failed downloads from where they left off.

stp2015

08 Mar 2019

Exactly the same here. Buying rigs gives me too much clutter. Would consider synth and backline, but not with the current downloader / RE manager.

jam-s

08 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
08 Mar 2019
That seems to be the usual "screw you, long-time customer" gesture. Just like in previous sales. Would it really hurt that much to lower the cost of the upgrade to 49€ or if the Rigs would enter the Rewards store?

kitekrazy

08 Mar 2019

stp2015 wrote:
08 Mar 2019
Exactly the same here. Buying rigs gives me too much clutter. Would consider synth and backline, but not with the current downloader / RE manager.
The synth one has too many drum modules for my taste. I have Spire and Korg as a VST. Too bad they couldn't discount on the bundles of stuff you already have.
So much stuff to use in DAWs these days are dropping in prices that the RE market is declining. About every other day Waves puts out something for $29 and other developers follow. I still like REs.

• Information